Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Starting problem I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Starting problem I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Starting problem I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Starting problem I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Starting problem I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Starting problem I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Starting problem I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Starting problem I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Starting problem I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Starting problem I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Starting problem

Go down 
+3
AAAA
DennisB
wizoz311
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wizoz311
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-06-12

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 9:00 am

We have a 2005 Honda Silver Wing. In error, my boyfriend hooked up the battery cables backwards when charging the battery. Now the bike won't start! The battery is fully charged and all the wires and fuses look fine. Can you help????

Janice Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:39 am

Hi Janice,

This has happen before by other members. You need to check and replace your main fuse under your scooters left side cover. There should be a replacment 30Amp fuse under the in-use main fuse location.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t1010-left-rear-cover-removal-pictorial-main-fuse-access
Back to top Go down
wizoz311
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:39 am

Thank you! It is distressing not be be able to find the solution. We want to ride so bad!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
wizoz311
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Just spoke to boyfriend. He changed the fuse you are talking about and the bike still is not running. There is no power, no lights, nothing. Can you think of anything else he could do?????

Janice
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Stupid question, but did he hook the battery back up the right way? Positive is to the front of the bike, neg to the rear i believe. Other than that, Dennis has you covered, check all your fuses.

Sometimes a good spin/twist works wonders.

Or a Henway.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi Janice,

The main fuse I'm pointing at in the photo is the spare. The in-use fuse is under the cover and cannot be seen until you remove the insulation cover. Could it be he just looked at the spare?
Back to top Go down
wizoz311
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:19 pm

Hey Tagg, I will check with him on that. One never knows since he connect the cables backwards! Let me ask him.

Dennis, Can I have you call him to talk to him about this?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:26 pm

He'll get it figured out...Just give him some time.
Back to top Go down
wizoz311
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:32 pm

The point of all of this is he has no internet at his house and I do. He CANNOT figure it out. He has been trying for about 2 months. I was hoping you all could help. Can he call you so he and you can discuss this and keep me out of the middle?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:35 pm

I will send you a PM.
Back to top Go down
wizoz311
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Dennis,

Thank you so much! If you see us riding by tonight you will know we have the problem fixed. If not, we will post again. Have a good night.
Back to top Go down
Bobben
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-11-13

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Fusebox   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Hello.
Dennis can you make fusebox for all fuses and put it somewhere easyly accable ?

Bob

DennisB wrote:
Hi Janice,

This has happen before by other members. You need to check and replace your main fuse under your scooters left side cover. There should be a replacment 30Amp fuse under the in-use main fuse location.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t1010-left-rear-cover-removal-pictorial-main-fuse-access
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Really no need. That main 30Amp fuse under the left side cover is one that very rearley gets blown and getting at it is not a problem.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:05 pm

bigbird wrote:
wizoz311 wrote:
He has been trying for about 2 months. I was hoping you all could help. Can he call you so he and you can discuss this and keep me out of the middle?

He hooked up the charger backwards two months ago and still can't get the bike started?

He has no internet?

He already replaced the main fuse?

Time for a new boyfriend?

+1 Im glad somebody said it!

You can ride with me if you want. All my bikes work pretty well, and i can like, fix stuff.
Back to top Go down
wizoz311
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:05 am

Big Bird - BF lives way out in the country where there is no cable service and has no land line phone - uses only his iPhone! He did not know about this fuse until Dennis pointed it out! And we are all allowed to make a mistake once in a while. He has not since he has been riding for about 35 years. And WE RIDE HIS HARLEY MOST OF THE TIME WHICH HE BUILT! With that said let's move one.

Dennis - Did you see us riding last night???? The fuse was where you said, replaced, and started right up. We thank you so much. It felt good to be out and about again.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 am

wizoz311 wrote:
Big Bird - BF lives way out in the country where there is no cable service and has no land line phone - uses only his iPhone! He did not know about this fuse until Dennis pointed it out! And we are all allowed to make a mistake once in a while. He has not since he has been riding for about 35 years. And WE RIDE HIS HARLEY MOST OF THE TIME WHICH HE BUILT! With that said let's move one.

Sorry you took it so seriously. I guess I should have put a smiley emoticon after it to indicate that it was meant to be tongue in cheek.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:58 am

Wishing I could have waved to you. Someday I will have another Silverwing. I've been a Harley rider since I got out of the Army in 1972. Last HD was a 59FLH. That old Panhead was just to hard on this old bikers back side.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Starting problem 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Hey Janice, Now you know why we keep Dennis around, besides his good looks. I'm glad ya'll got the Silverwing going. Don't take people too seriously on this forum. Both Bigbird and Tagg have been there to help many times. I applaud your willingness to serve as an internet go-between. Your BF is a lucky guy. An understanding girlfriend and a Silverwing. Priceless. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
wizoz311
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:40 am

Thank you to all of you! I am sorry to have been so heard on you Big Bird. Just a little defensive. A smiley face would have been helpful. We were wondering if there are groups riding in our area, Florence, South Carolina. I also have a Mazda Miata, 07, that we would love to take out on a group ride. Do you know of any groups? We try to ride in motorcycle rides for charity and now that the Silver Wing is up and running it is possible. Now just waiting for the Fat Boy to feel better after it goes to the "Harley Doctor." Again, thanks for all the help. See you around....
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:13 am

wizoz311 wrote:
Thank you to all of you! I am sorry to have been so heard on you Big Bird. Just a little defensive. A smiley face would have been helpful.

No offense taken. Yes, a smiley would have been helpful.
Now that BF's Swing is running, enjoy it.
Fat Boy or Swing?
After riding both of those, I know which bike I'd ride.
Back to top Go down
wizoz311
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:44 am

Of course, we love the Fat Boy for all the right reasons. I must say that the Silver Wing is much more comfy from a passenger's point of view! I have been riding his Helix and getting my chops wet so I can ride myself. I am kinda scared to be riding anything bigger. Just think...I am a scaredy cat! Took lesson for big kids bikes but still unsure. The Helix is fine for me for a while. Speak to you soon and think you are the Fat Boy kinda guy!

Janice
Back to top Go down

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:36 am

My wife is the same way. She rides her 250cc scooter just fine, but is afraid to even try the Swing. I can't explain it.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:56 am

wizoz311 wrote:
Speak to you soon and think you are the Fat Boy kinda guy! Janice

Janice, the only kind of HD I'd consider would be a V-Rod. The typical HD air cooled V-twin is so antiquated and technically sad that it should be relegated to farm machinery use.
Give me a modern DOHC liquid cooled 4 valve engine any day. If I wanted a V-twin power cruiser it would be Japanese in origin. The Japanese copied HD, but at least have good power and reliability. HD has a cult following based on image, nothing else.
Flame away.
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:05 pm

No flames here -- IMHO you're spot on with your perception of HD. Some of them are very pretty, but that's all they do for me. If I were interested in a v-twin power cruiser, it would be the Ducati Diavel. It goes, turns, and stops. The V-Rod with its Porsche-designed motor is better than the air-cooled Milwaukee vibrators, but as with all HDs is overpriced and too comprimised for form over function.

I've ridden my SWing with a bunch of HD and Japanese cruiser riders and none of the damn things can turn a corner with my "little scooter." Most of them aren't much faster and some are surprisingly slower.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starting problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting problem   Starting problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting problem
Page 1 of 1