Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Owner for this site

Go down 
+18
masscoot
Windrider
Buickguy
MikeO
Waspie
tankyuong
honda_silver
model28a
wis-rider
JeffR_
bigbird
redeye
dspevack
CathyN
"Hi Yo"
Lab Rat
GaryL
JeffR
22 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

New Owner for this site Empty
PostSubject: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi,

There will be a new owner tonight for the site. Bill (Honda_Silver) will be taking over tonight and I would like to ask all of you to just be the same. I have had a great time starting this forum and being active, and I will still be active. Bill may keep me on as a Admin/Mod but he will make that decision. Bill is a great guy and very knowlegdable the SWing. He was , and maybe still is, active on the other site and he will do a great job with the site.

I just want thank everyone for being patient with me when I started this site. I really don't know alot about these type of forurms and just did my best and tried to figure things out as I went. But this site is for the most part self-regulating. I, and the other Admins, really didn't need to do much at all. You all are very cool people and respectful to others which made it easy on me. I just don't have the time that I feel is required to spend on the site. As my daughter gets older we are much more involved with school and sports.

But thank you very much and please treat Bill good and I'm sure he will do a better job than me since he is better with computers. This isn't an ego thing with me. I just want to make sure this site keeps going and it will be good for the site to get new blood and motivation.

Thanks,

JeffR (soon to be 'JeffR_' on the site)
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Jeff,

I think you have done a GREAT job with this site. I've been on board for a year now, and have seen none better. I used to monitor a lot of the GoldWing sites, but never joined because of the attitude and format of them. This one has a great, simple format, and wonderful people associated with it. I regard it as the poster child for what a forum should be.

I'm sure that Bill will carry on quite well.

Thank you for a job well done!!!
Smile Surprised Laughing Razz cheers sunny :not worthy:
Back to top Go down
Lab Rat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Lab Rat

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:08 pm

I'm with Gary. I'm new here, but it's a great site with friendly people and loads of information. Thank you for setting it up and running it. Well done!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New Owner for this site 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:15 pm

I just want to say thank you Jeff. The idea of putting your family first is probably why you have done such a good job with this site. It's the selflessness and not selfishness that you and your administrators have displayed that makes this site work so well. Again, thank you and good luck to your daughter. Oh, and I think Bill is a wonderful choice.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Jeff,

I agree with the others as well. Thank's for all your hard work and putting together such a great ,friendly and fun forum. Hope to here from you often.
I think Bill will do a great job. And by the way what does the "c" stand for cool? Have a great evening. Thank's again.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Jeff,
I know how it feels to put a lot of hard work in on a website. I'm glad this one will live on in the image it was created in.

Dan
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:53 pm

Many thank to you, Jeff. Your expertise and willingness to share it has helped me on many occasions. I'll echo some of the other comments and congratulate you on putting your family first. With four school age daughters, I appreciate on a personal level your dilemma and admire your priorities.

Congratulations, Bill! Looking forward to your continued leadership.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Sorry to see you pull back, Jeff.
You always made EVERYONE feel welcome, important, and valued, regardless of knowledge or contribution.
I hope the new ownership group maintains your philosophy.
Terry
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: New owner of this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for all the compliments, I really appreciate that. My user id as the owner was JeffR, as you all know, but my other account I have is "JeffR_". It is nice of you all to say the nice things and family is important so I'm glad you all understand that.

Kathy,

The 'c' is for Curtis. My middle name is after my grandma's (on my dads side) maiden name.

Bill will do a great job as the owner. There may be a few things to figure out on how to actually change the owner from one to another but I'm sure it will be figured out. Please just be patient until it happens. But there may be a chance that the "JeffR" account will need to be deleted but that is still being determined. We just don't want to lose anything important if this happens. I have those Pictorials under my JeffR account. But I'm sure there is a way to do a work around. I'm not going anywhere and will be here a lot still.

As the movie Godfather 3: Everytime I try to leave...they pull me back in. Just kidding.

Best of luck to you Bill and if you need anything you know I will help in anyway whatsoever.

Thanks,

jcr
Back to top Go down
wis-rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wis-rider

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-12-31

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Thanks Jeff for this great Forum. Sorry you can't continue but family is so important. Welcome Bill. With your leadership and all the great people on this site I am sure everything will be status quo. Good luck Jeff, hope that daughter becomes a great athlete.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:33 pm

Thank you Jeff for what you have put together for the S/Wing community, Cool and also thank you Bill for stepping up and taking over the site. cheers
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:44 pm

JeffR wrote:
There will be a new owner tonight for the site. Bill (Honda_Silver) will be taking over tonight and I would like to ask all of you to just be the same. I have had a great time starting this forum and being active, and I will still be active.

I believe my primary goal is to simply to maintain what JeffR has started and maintaining the Friendliest Silverwing forum.

JeffR wrote:
Bill may keep me on as a Admin/Mod but he will make that decision.

I have asked (and was willing to beg for ) JeffR to remain as Administrator if possible.

JeffR wrote:
I really don't know alot about these type of forurms and just did my best and tried to figure things out as I went.

I have a lot to learn and could use all the help possible.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:07 am

Great job Jeff, now for Bill, continue the legacy
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:21 am

As we say in the Uk; The king is dead, Long live the King.

So it's goodbye to JeffR and hello to Honda_Silver aka Bill.

I have had a great time on here since I was pointed in its direction and I am positive with Bill at the helm that many more years will follow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:51 pm

It's all been said:
Thank you, Jeff
Thank you, Bill

It's one of the very few truly International site on the Web - I never feel I have to keep my National 'end' up but am a member of a super group of friends from all over the World.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:10 pm

honda_silver wrote:

I have a lot to learn and could use all the help possible.

Bill, you have but to ask. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:13 pm

I'd be willing to help out.
I have some experience with PhpBBs
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks Jeff for this great Forum
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Jeff you will be missed as a regular, but we are all grateful for your work here! Don't miss a minute watching the kids grow up..it goes fast! You have left your work in competent hands!

Bill, thanks for stepping up and taking the helm! Many of us stand ready to help if needed!
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:19 am

Thanks for starting this forum Jeff, you did a great job and a good service to many!

Bill, I look forward to the new leadership!
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:21 am

I really think you did a great job with this forum Craig err Ted err Jim ...oh yeah, Jeff.

Nice to see you will still be around to read my Jokes and I hope Bill has the patience to put up with me.

Pst Bill, Bill, (whispering in ear) Whats it gonna take to keep Kurts Korner from becoming Joncallihan's Jestfield? I know he wants it, another one to look out for is Gary, he wants it too. don't let them know I'm on to them, OK??

Last edited by KurtPerthWA on Wed May 25, 2011 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:34 am

KurtPerthWA wrote:
Pst Bill, Bill, (whispering in ear) Whats it gonna take to keep Kurts Korner from becoming Joncallihan's Jestfield?

You will have to keep the jokes coming ... study
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:09 am

Thanks again all. Bill is going to do a great job with the site. We spoke today on the phone and he already came up with a couple of great ideas that I never even thought of. I think this site will get even better with new blood and new thinking.

I will still be here and active and again, thanks Bill for wanting to take it over. I just can't believe you talked me down to only $1.5 million for the site. You sure know how to haggle. Razz
Back to top Go down
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:57 am

Many thanks to JeffR, not just for this site but for all the great advice, pictorials, etc. --Scott
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:26 am

KurtPerthWA wrote:
I really think you did a great job with this forum Craig err Ted err Jim ...oh yeah, Jeff. ...

Whats it gonna take to keep Kurts Korner from becoming Joncallihan's Jestfield? I know he want's it, another one to look out for is Gary, he want's it too. don't let them know I'm on to them, OK??

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm too bloody old to establish a new Jestfield. Your corner just seems like a pretty good place to dump the weird stuff that I stumble on here in the wasteland called the Internet.
alien beamed up
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Owner for this site   New Owner for this site I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Owner for this site
Page 1 of 1