Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I would like to announce the new owner of this site

Go down 
+23
Opalsboy
Mike from NS
bikerboy
Greysilver
Old Limey
Okiedolkle
The Scootist
MikeO
KurtPerthWA
brasil
Deno070
wis-rider
dspevack
"Hi Yo"
WingMan02
CathyN
derekg
Cosmic_Jumper
bigbird
DickO
model28a
Mudnman
JeffR_
27 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

I would like to announce the new owner of this site Empty
PostSubject: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi,

I would like to announce that MikeO is now the new owner of this site.  Since I have sold my Silverwing I didn't think it is right to stay as the owner but to give this site to who I thought deserves it and will do a great job.

MikeO is now the new owner of  www.silverwing600.com .  I would like to ask all of you to give him your support and I know he will do a great job.  Mike has always shown a very even temperment and is very level headed which is what is needed to be an owner and a moderator.  I will still be here and if Mike would like me to stay on as a mod I will be more than happy to do this.

I just want what is best for this site since I never thought that this site was about me, but more about our Silverwings and the people who ride them.  I started to sign on as "JeffR_" about a week or 2 ago and will continue to do that.  When you see anyone signed on as "JeffR" it will be Mike.  There isn't a way to change the owners sign on without losing all of "JeffR" 's posts.

So please give Mike your full support and he will do a great job.  He also has Colin and Dan to help him out as needed and they are great people as well.

Thanks,

Jeff
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Thanks for keeping the site alive JeffR_ & JeffR!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:31 pm

Thanks for all you've done for this forum. cheers :not worthy: 
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1019
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 4:18 pm

Thanks for everything you've done to keep this place... sane... sorta...  Smile   Smile  My best to you and, yes, stick around and keep helping Exclamation Exclamation 
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 4:36 pm

The mighty have fallen, the howling winds of change will return to a zephyr, and all will be good in the land of silverwing600.com
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Viva Il Papa
Back to top Go down
derekg
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks Jeff...and good wishes to the new team.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Thanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 6:05 pm

JeffR_

A big thanks for all you have done here. Enjoy your new ride. And please keep dropping in often. Of course if you stay on as a Mod (which I hope you do) that shouldn't be to hard. Thanks again. cheers 

MikeO aka JeffR,

Thanks for taking over the ownership of the site. Good choice in my opinion.
I am sure you will do a fantastic job. cheers 

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 6:10 pm

JeffR, aka MikeO, how about your acceptance speech?
Your philosophy going forward?
Your position on banned members signing on under pseudonyms and carrying on as if nothing had happened?
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Welcome to ownership, Mike.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 6:15 pm

Jeff,
I agree with all your well wishers. You have too much knowledge to not help and contribute on this site. Good luck on your new ride. Ride safe... Aloha
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
I would like to announce the new owner of this site 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Thanks Jeff, and your retirement pension will be in the mail. Aren't you glad you bought a bike with better gas mileage.  Laughing  Your choice of a new owner only continues your outstanding stewardship of this site. Thanks MikeO!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 7:57 pm

All hail King JeffR the third (the second was Bill)   cheers

Last edited by dspevack on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wis-rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wis-rider

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-12-31

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 8:55 pm

Thanks JeffR and welcome MikeO!
Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Thanks Jeff, good luck in your future endeavours!!! Congrats Mike!!!
Back to top Go down
brasil
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-04-02

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:05 am

JeffR. All the best and thank you, I am a newbie to this forum and the wealth of information on here is brilliant.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:15 am

I will be staying around here. I just didn't think it would be right to be the owner of a Silverwing site and not own a Silverwing. So I will torture all of you more by staying. lol
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:25 am

JeffR_ wrote:
I will be staying around here.  I just didn't think it would be right to be the owner of a Silverwing site and not own a Silverwing.  So I will torture all of you more by staying. lol

Oh... Now is this the real JeffR or the alleged JeffR?.

I'm getting confused...
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:58 am

JeffR should keep his avatar so we wont confuse him with JeffR. meanwhile if the other JeffR uses a different avatar and the 1st JeffR both change their avatars we can the differentiate between the other JeffR and then we can ascertain which JeffR has our attention.
any hows thanks for the great fun times you have given us in the past.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:04 am

I echo all the thank-you messages to Jeff and acknowledge with relief he's staying around!

I hope my efforts will maintain the right atmosphere that has prevailed here.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Mike, thank you for taking over as the leader of the pac. I wish you well and hope you can still spend most of your time as a member and not have to put the Admin hat on to often. Good luck.  cheers
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks Roger.....and all other well-wishers here.

I will do my best. Hopefully it'll be for the benefit of all; that's my intention.

Rest assured that the other moderators will make sure I stay in line! Smile 
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:17 pm

Well thanks to the original JeffR_ for all your effort to get this site up and running for the past few years. I hope you keep us up to date on your experiences with your new bike. And Thank you to the new JeffR/MikeO for taking over and continuing the fine tradition of this site. I look forward to dropping in for my Silverwing fix.. Take care.
DCC
Back to top Go down
Okiedolkle
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Okiedolkle

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:30 am

Thanks to all who maintain this site. It is very informative & the topics are so varied.
Homer B  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 12:10 pm

My many thanks to JeffR, who, together with Bigbird and DennisB, has made it possible to carry out many jobs on the Silverwing and saved, certainly me, many hours off road and a lot of money.  Smile  
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 1:01 pm

Thanks for taking the responsibility Mike. It is a great site. ⭐
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: New Owner   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 2:07 pm

The King is dead, Long Live the King!! Well done to all, an orderly change of management and a great forum keeps on rolling !
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Thank you!
I was flattered that Jeff considered me worthy of taking over.
The admin/mods team seem to work well together and hasn't changed, just been reshuffled.
I hope no-one will notice any difference unless it's an improvement.
Improvements mark progress rather than that things weren't good before.

A forum's really only as good as its members and I hope high standards will be maintained by all. :-)
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Thanks and congratulations to the appropriate JeffR.  That would be to both of you.  This site is a wonderful resource with it's wealth of helpful information.  When people put in as much effort as has happened here "thanks and congratulations" are really not sufficient.  Sincere ... but not sufficient.  So .... where's the party???

Mike Cool 
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 8:17 pm

The party is in England at MikeO's house. He is paying for the plane tickets as well and 2 nights stay at the Queens castle.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:02 am

Plane tickets and a room at Buckingham ! C O O L ! ! ! I'll be flying out of YHZ and not sure if landing at Gatwick or Heathrow. Had a tour of the Queen's castle when last there in '97. The summer of the heat wave. We returned to NS the Thursday night prior to the Saturday of Dianna's accident. As the good tourists we were, we always did "mind the gap" when on the Underground.

Should be a grand party at MikeO's place. Can't wait !!

Mike
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:52 am

It'll be cosy - I live in a one-bedroom retirement flat - but you'll be welcome.
Salisbury's a very pleasant city. :-)
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 11:50 am

For those who want to make their own reservations.
I would like to announce the new owner of this site 273509_1211051009008050732_STD
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:09 pm

I think there's a bit of a muddle here: Buckingham Palace is the Queen's official residence in London.
Buckingham is the County Town of Buckinghamshire and is 60 miles NW of Buckingham Palace.

Buckingham Palace was originally Buckingham House, built in the 18th. Century for the Duke of Buckingham and later sold to George III and enlarged over the next two centuries.

I live in Salisbury, Wiltshire, roughly 90 miles SW of Buckingham Palace.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Congratulations Mike. I always like you better than Jeff.
The reason I got on here today (first time in months)... was to look for Jeffs' instructions on changing belt. Mine went belly up this week end.
No offense at all intended for following statement... Jeff it will take me a long time to disassociate this site from you. It is good you are staying around. You are important here. Thank you Mike for taking up the slack in the new managment position. You have big shoes to fill.

And this is a very good place to hang out. I have had many issues for the last year and a bit and have not been able to hang out like I once did. Probably never will be the same as before, but I do what I can to ride.

Put me on the list to invite to Salisbury. I dont mind sleeping on the floor with a big crowd.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Hey Gary,

It is good to hear from you. I hope things get better too. Thanks for the support and hope your belt change goes ok. If not just get Dennis down there and buy him a BBQ dinner. lol Good to hear from you my friend.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Thanks Gary.
There are certain 'names' in my mind synonymous with Silverwing600, Jeff's being top of the list.

Glad you're back, that's for sure.

There are plenty of inexpensive places to stay in Salisbury so there's no need to contemplate my floor!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
I would like to announce the new owner of this site 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Opalsboy wrote:

Put me on the list to invite to Salisbury.  I dont mind sleeping on the floor with a big crowd.
Spoken like a true Arkie.  Smile  Texans think sleeping on the floor is an upgrade.  :flower: 
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 8:10 am

Thank You for keeping this site alive. I'm pretty much a newbie to this site and I found it by doing a search. I've learned a lot about my "new" 08 Wing from others here. This site has lots of information that would be lost if it went down. And I feel welcome here.

Thanks Again!
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Thanks JeffR_ for your efforts over the years (and years to come)!

MikeO Thanks for stepping up to be skipper around here, we are in good hands!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks Paul.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 12:18 am

While I understand your sentiment about owning a Swing vs. running this forum, I frankly think you've done a bang-up job and want you to know I would be just as glad if you continued. There are times for new blood, but just wanted to say I hope you don't feel you have to go. :-)

MikeO - thanks for taking the grips. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 12:56 am

kbcmdba,

Thanks. I will not be leaving at all and will continue to on the site. I just think it is important for the owner of this site to actually own and ride a SWing. But Mike is a great choice and we are all lucky he accepted to take over the site.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: I would like to announce the new owner of this site   I would like to announce the new owner of this site I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:36 am

I guess I missed the big announcement from not signing in regularly. I would like to add my thanks to JeffR for a super job with this forum, and for posting all the pictorials in Maintenance. I have had many comments from my wife for looking at " dirty" pictures late at night.
MikeO will do a super job as owner, I'm sure. You are both great guys for doing what you do. I thank you for your dedication to the crowd that ride Swings. Would that make us Swingers?
Back to top Go down

I would like to announce the new owner of this site
Page 1 of 1