Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 12:04 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

V belt light alluminated on dashboard.

Go down 
+3
DaveR
lesley & John
JamieB
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. Empty
PostSubject: V belt light alluminated on dashboard.   aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi,

My v belt light has alluminated on my dashboard.
I am not that familliar with belts, variators, weights etc and i wondered if i just need to get the belt done at my local honda dealer who i trust or is there other things i need to consider?

Performance ETC?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Jamie.

Back to top Go down
lesley & John
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
lesley & John

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: V belt light alluminated on dashboard.   aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:18 pm

hi jamie this is just the light indicating that the belt has to be looked at inspected or replaced belts are around £140 if you buy from honda shop around and they can be had for around £90 labour should be no more than a hour so watch their not pulling a fast one.what milage are you showing belts last between 12000 and 16000 depending how you ride.if your showing 16000 then this is its first belt change hope this helps
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: V belt light alluminated on dashboard.   aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi Lesley,

Thankyou for your reply, my Wing has 16500 miles on the clock.
Back to top Go down
lesley & John
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
lesley & John

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: V belt light alluminated on dashboard.   aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:26 pm

time for the belt change im afraid it may well be worth looking at the rollers as well ive just replaced mine with 26 g rollers instead of the 28g original and it makes a nice difference on acceleration.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: V belt light alluminated on dashboard.   aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:45 am

I will add my two cents worth!
Having been in aviation for 30 years I realize the importance of preventive maintenance. I would highly suggest the investment in the maintenance book even though it is a little expensive. It can save you a lot of money in the long run. Also, even though the manual will sometimes say "inspect and replace" if the part is marginal, replace it. Don't wait until you are in the middle of nowhere and have to replace it. That takes the fun out of the trip in a hurry. I think this applies especially to tires. People tend to run them a far as they can then wonder why the got in trouble. Thanks Dennis for the light bar. I think it is a must for not only night driving but for on comeing traffic. Helps them to see you and not turn in front of you. Also make sure when you follow someone to give them some room and follow to the left side so on comeing traffic can see you following the vehicle in front of you.
Old Dave in Western Nebraska
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: V belt light alluminated on dashboard.   aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:53 am

Dave, You are most welcome and thank you. sunny
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: V belt light alluminated on dashboard.   aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Where is the Re-set button for the V light?
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: V belt light alluminated on dashboard.   aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:38 pm

With key off press and hold the buttons for setting clock and trip meter. Turn ignition on and after a few seconds it should go out.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: V belt light alluminated on dashboard.   aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:14 pm

If you would like to get a used service manual John Grinsel has one for sale hear on this site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V belt light alluminated on dashboard.   aftermarket  oem belt - V belt light alluminated on dashboard. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

V belt light alluminated on dashboard.
Page 1 of 1