Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Trinity Trike Kit

Go down 
+10
model28a
honda_silver
jdeereanton
Donodii
dspevack
"Hi Yo"
DennisB
joncallihan
Opalsboy
Harleywld1
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Harleywld1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Harleywld1

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:20 pm

Oh it won't be long now!!!
Spring is around the corner & I will be ridin in Style!!
Can hardly wait for the truck driver to deliver my Trinity Trike Kit.......
Then Hubby can get busy installing it.Smile Yes I'll help, I'm good like that.
Any one get their kit yet?
small moped
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:38 pm

I talked to Bob on the phone Monday. My kit, your kit and the one for Canada are going out soon. I know that word "soon" has been used a lot lately, but I really believe things are going to happen very quickly for us now. Call Bob and remind him that YOU are waiting and that Spring IS just around the corner. Do you have any other ride, or are you like me and have sent in your rear wheel to donate the sprocket? I would be a whole lot less anxious if I could still ride the scoot as a two wheeler. But without any other ride, I am dead in the water. Hasn't been a problem for the last two months, but with the warmer weather and all, the fluids start to stir. It was 72F here today. Gonna be almost 70 for the next 7 days. The second donated design unit Ultra Wing hit the pavement on or about Jan 29th. February 28 will be one month since that happened. I think we should have ours by then. I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation. Sometimes I do get the feeling Trinity is not putting a high enough priority on getting our kits out the door. I know they have been building other product to pay some bills. That is acceptable, but you and I have been patient these months while all the developmental phases have been worked through. Now it is time to put some overtime into making three customers very happy.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:38 am

Gary,

Congratulations on your restraint. Florida time is no excuse -- if this is a REAL manufacturer, you would think it would be more than a two person shop? :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:23 am

I just had a brilliant idea -- convince Bob to outsource the Ultra-Wing manufacturing to Dennis. He will have a job, the Ultra-Wing will have a believable delivery date, all will be well in Trinity land.

:flower:
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:07 am

Well, here it is March.

Any word on delivery?

:flower:
Back to top Go down
Harleywld1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Harleywld1

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Progress

Last edited by Harleywld1 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Have you givin Bob a call to find out what's the hold up on your kit?
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:02 pm

Joanne..., I am totally surprised that your kit has not arrived yet. I was at Trinity a while back, and I saw your kit and the one they had ready to ship to Canada. I wonder if the delay is related to some of the early problems I had with my kit. If your scoot is ABS, I could understand a little delay, but it has been long enough and none of the problems I had seemed that major. If it is not ABS, I have no theory what so ever. I agree with Dennis, call Bob and keep calling until he ships. BTW... you can have your hubby call me if he has any questions about the early issues I had. Call me right away if you have an ABS Swing. My number is 870-325-7527. If I am not home, leave a message and I will call back.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:51 am

Harleywld1 wrote:
Almost 10 Months & still waiting Sad my registration is going to expire & I cant get the scoot inspected Because I Have No rear Wheel!
uggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Why am I not surprised?

I reread the posts from both DennisB and Opalsboy (Gary) and I disagree completely.

If you are going to run a company, you take and order, give a delivery date and then deliver on or before that date WITHOUT HAVING BEEN HOUNDED BY THE CUSTOMER FOR NON-PERFORMANCE.

Jon

Last edited by joncallihan on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the last two paragraphs)
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Getting out of pissing contest.

Joane... offer still stands to help you in anyway I can.

Last edited by Opalsboy on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Well, here it is June 19, 2011.

I have seen no indication of delivery?

?????

Jon alien beamed up
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Trinity Trike Kit 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Gosh Jon, not only are you nosy, but a psychic. Unless Colorado has crossed the international date line. If it's not yours and you have no money invested,why do you care? Could you PM me the winning lottery numbers for June 19, 2011? Smile
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:08 am

27, 14, 12, 9, and 42. And 33 depending upon the game.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:56 am

No, not psychic, just a little dyslexic. I meant June 16, of course.

No, not nosy, just keeping the farce known as Trinity Trikes on the horizon.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Donodii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Donodii

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 12:14 am

There may be others that would love the trike kit, but seeing how long it takes may make them look at other options instead of jumping in and playing the waiting game.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Donodii wrote:
There may be others that would love the trike kit, but seeing how long it takes may make them look at other options instead of jumping in and playing the waiting game.

My point, exactly.

Jon
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 10:59 am

Well all,

Here tis July one, 2011. Any word on UltraWing Nr 2?

Jon
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Jon,
I dunno about the trike kit but if I ever want to hire an expert to beat a dead horse, you will be the first person I think of.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 7:08 pm

dspevack wrote:
Jon,
I dunno about the trike kit but if I ever want to hire an expert to beat a dead horse, you will be the first person I think of.
+1 x [(10 x 837) x (74 x 926)] !!

We get it Jon, in your opinion (even though you are not personaly affected) Trinity Trike is unquestionably the most evil of all capitalistic endeavours. And likely the source of ______________ (fill in any real or imagined scourge here).
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:27 pm

jdeereanton wrote:
Razz

1 x ~0
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:12 pm

October 10, 2011.

Still no word here on UltraTrike #2?

Jon
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:25 pm

deadhorse
Back to top Go down
wis-rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wis-rider

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-12-31

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:44 pm

I was considering getting a kit for my bike but from what I read on the Forum I think I may look elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:39 pm

There are trike kits for the Swing and Burgman advertised in Rider magazine.
Back to top Go down
wis-rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wis-rider

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks! Danson and Tow-Pac make them but they are not true trikes like Trinity. Of course it doesn't do much good if you can get one.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:48 pm

I am not going to spend the forum's time going over this all again. I just want to say that I am willing to PM anyone that is interested in my experience with Trinity. Not all good and not all bad. Honestly, I love my trike. It is still a Silverwing. It is just a little more spill proof. I constantly (literally everyday) have someone make a comment about how impressive the Trinity kit is. I have been given three awards in contests I have entered recently. I use it almost exclusively while the weather is nice.
Would I order another Trinity if I knew i would have the same issues all over...???? Yep, in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
TrinityTrike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-11-10

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:07 am

I have just completed a major revision to our web site ( http://www.TheTrinityTrike.com ) It is way different in how it looks and more importantly what it contains.

Overall, as a niche, the trike conversion segment is clearly one of the strongest in the powersports marketplace -- even in this economy. At Trinity have been in the process of re-evaluating what we are doing and more importantly, how we are doing it, and even who we are doing it with. Keeping that in mind, even though this has been our best sales year ever, as a small operation, we’re limited in what we can do and do well.

Over the last five years, we have had quite a number of different models we’ve built (many of which are completely unique to Trinity). It has now become apparent that we should change our focus to concentrate on our two best rides, the TriBurg for the Suzuki Burgman 650 and the UltraWing for the Honda Silver Wings. Those two models alone have represented 70% of our total output this year and 100% of the output for the second half of the year.

So the marketplace has indicated to us what we need to do! So we’re about to do just that! After this transition is complete, we fully expect that our delivery times will be drastically reduced. A valid criticism has been the length of time to produce our custom conversions. Our target is shipment in days, not months or even weeks. We are ever closer to that goal. We are getting two more UltraWings out of our machine shop tomorrow. One was started on Sept 28th the other on Sept 29th. That's just two weeks instead of two months or more for the last half dozen produced before them. I won't rest until we are turning them around in two days!

In addition, we are going to focus on building & shipping out the conversion assemblies over doing the installations here. Attempting to do both manufacturing & installations has really been a factor in doing neither as good as we want to!

I for one am going to miss doing the shaft drives! They were a long time in getting developed. We are finishing up my 1982 GL500 (the original Silver Wing Interstate) and that will be it for the foreseeable future. However, I look forward to the time that we'll start building them again.

There’s more to come, so stay tuned & watch the website!!

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

Back to top Go down
http://www.TheTrinityTrike.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:31 am

TrinityTrike wrote:
It has now become apparent that we should change our focus to concentrate on our two best rides, the TriBurg for the Suzuki Burgman 650 and the UltraWing for the Honda Silver Wings. Those two models alone have represented 70% of our total output this year and 100% of the output for the second half of the year.

Thanks for the informative post.

If possible how many UltraWing's kits have you built Question

Do you still have to send in the rear wheel for conversion ... or have you manufactured an alternative?
Back to top Go down
TrinityTrike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:57 am

honda_silver wrote:

Thanks for the informative post.

If possible how many UltraWing's kits have you built Question

Do you still have to send in the rear wheel for conversion ... or have you manufactured an alternative?

With next week's shipment I believe that we are just about at a dozen copies for the year.

For now, the rear wheel hub is having to be re-done. It's a matter of maintaining affordability. There's just 3 hacksaw cuts on the spokes and sending in the hub itself.

We do intend to eventually build our own, but they are not cheap. For example, the initial construction run costs close to $9,000.00 what with tooling, setups and minimum runs required. We'd prefer not to harvest the donor's hub, but for now it is the best way to go.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:29 am

Gary (and Bob),

My only reason for keeping this thread alive is I have never heard a resolution of Harleywld1's woes. Did she or did she not get her trike.

Why all the secrecy?

Regards,

Jon
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:58 am

joncallihan wrote:
My only reason for keeping this thread alive is I have never heard a resolution of Harleywld1's woes. Did she or did she not get her trike.

Jon,

You cannot force someone to report their status or delivery of their Ultrawing.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:45 pm

jdeereanton wrote:

+1 x [(10 x 837) x (74 x 926)] [∞]
Back to top Go down
TrinityTrike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:39 pm

joncallihan wrote:
Gary (and Bob),

Why all the secrecy?

Regards,

Jon

No secrecy involved whatsoever Jon. It was and is a matter of need-to-know (and you never had it to begin with). Joanne got her kit right about the time you were complaining last July. Gary has taken his sweet time putting it on only because of major commitments elsewhere in his life. In fact, he just put the wheels on it this week and has it on the ground now. Their first test ride will be this weekend. They even sent me a picture (looking good!!)

Like Gary & Dennis, Joanne's Gary had a few issues to deal with (the side plate installation can be a challenge) and he had a couple of holes to ream out, but by and large, he's enjoyed the process. I spent about 45 min on the phone with them today and they have nothing but good things to say about the build and the end product. He said anyone can PM him to ask him questions about the mysterious UltraWing #2 project.

I hope you can finally let this go now and go have some fun!

Best regards,

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Trinity Trike Kit 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:11 pm

applause Well said, Bob.
Back to top Go down
wis-rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wis-rider

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:37 am

Great news. Please let us know the results! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:32 am

Thanks.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Harleywld1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Harleywld1

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Hello all.
Sorry for being quiet..work on my ultrawing had slowed
Down do to alot going on with family.i should
Have posted.....
Our project was on hold for a bit also do to the side plates
Needed to be trimmed .100 the left.
The right side plate 3 mounting holes needed to
Be slotted.then we had to get tires.
Goodyear viva.175/65/14...and they look great!!!!
We then needed a battery...and gas...
Waaaaaalaaaaaaa.she runs!!!!!!!!!
Still have to install rear brakes......
She does however roll under power!!!!!
So EXCITED!!!

Thanks everyone for caring! queen
Back to top Go down
TrinityTrike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:44 pm

joncallihan wrote:
Thanks.

Jon

No problem! motorcycle

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

Back to top Go down
wis-rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wis-rider

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Thanks Scoot!!!
Back to top Go down
john harper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:59 pm

What does the trike kit cost?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:25 pm

john harper wrote:
What does the trike kit cost?

http://thetrinitytrike.com/CVTcruisers/index.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trinity Trike Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trinity Trike Kit   Trinity Trike Kit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trinity Trike Kit
Page 1 of 1