Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

The devil made me do it

Go down 
+7
Skippy
wayneliz
Waspie
JeffR
lesley & John
FlyingWing
compguy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-10-11

The devil made me do it  Empty
PostSubject: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:26 am

I'm not real big on ride for speed but today a guy in a Harley buzzed by me and something clicked. I gave it full throttle and not only caught up to him but passed him (giving a wave). Then to add insult to injury he couldn't get past me. Twisted Evil Embarassed Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
FlyingWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FlyingWing

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:28 am

LOL...dont u luv it when that happens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Yerabuilder.com
lesley & John
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
lesley & John

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:06 pm

is your scoot standard lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:58 pm

It is fun to do that once in awhile. I don't do it much but I have to say it is fun to do. I used to have a sportster 883 and I think the SWing is just about equal in terms of speed. Looks like you're having fun with the new SWing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:19 pm

It's that sort of day that makes it worth living.

You just gotta love our 'little scooters'. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:47 pm

CompGuy- not you! Way to go- see ya Thurs am.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:29 am

YeeHaa!!! Know the feeling entirely LOL.

I had a customer at the workshop who consistantly dropped into every conversation that he was a Ferrari owner, even going so far as to bring it to show us - on more than one occasion..................

TBH I'm not much of a petrol head and don't go a bundle on cars anyway - to me they are transport nothing more. Anyway, this particular day I left the workshop the same time as him, on my trusty old 83 SWing with some samples to deliver and so I followed him out on the same route.

Knowing that I was behind him, I suppose he felt like showing off; to witt he put his foot down and disappeared towards the horizon like a scolded cat - only to come up short about 2 miles down the road in a traffic jam.

After about 20 seconds I caught him up and as I filtered past, flipped my lid open and and commented 'Skoda or a Ferrari - all the same in traffic', with that I made my merry way to the front of the que and left him about 3/4 mile behind fuming lol.
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:03 pm

Now that's funny-I don't care who you are.... Laughing

In my very short tenure as an SWing owner, one of the really cool things that happens is that people have no concept of what kind of machine it is...they think it's a 50cc scooter. When I tell them that folks tour on these and that they will go over 100 mph, they really can't picture it.

I like that. Keeps me a little humble, but able to run with the others as needed...

Ferraris and baggers notwithstanding...
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:36 pm

It's a sad thing. I owned a 1959 Harley- Davidson PanHead (show bike) for 20 years. MONEY PIT just one big money pit!!! It took me a while to get over the Harley state of mind...Big Ego Trip, but I finally did it and now I look back on those days as the "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING" time.

That old 59 was hard to keep running and parts were hard to find. And if you did find a part you needed it was priced way to high.

I fell sorry for any one still riding a Harley. They are made for a big ego and a big pocket book. Ride on BRO!!! But please pick up the chrome parts that fall off and land on the road. Im just thinking about my tires.

The devil made me do it  Finish10

The devil made me do it  Old_re10

I just love the silverwing scooter. I'll take it over the Harley any day of the week...and yes...I love to leave the Harley's at the lights and pass them on the highways. It's so much fun to honk and wave at them when I pass them. They just look like they are not having a good time.

Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:48 pm

One more thing...You do meet nicer class of people on a Honda.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Wow, nice bike Dennis!

I tried in vain for years to persuade myself that I 'needed' a Harley, esp when I worked at the Paintshop. Funny thing is none of the others there owned one either! The boss had an original Yamaha XV 750, NOT a Virago, the original monoshock version, which he called Ethell, she is/was a much modified street drag bike. The other sprayer had a car and I owned Honda's. Much of our clientele owned Hogs and over the 10 years I was there we did all sorts of paint jobs from stock repairs to murals (or Murials as some were prone to calling them).

We had one guy who was very vague in his requirments, 'erm black, erm Indians, erm them big buffalo type baisin things...... that sort of, erm thing' was all the instructions he gave. At the time I was sorting something in the back of the shop and the boss was out, Shane the other sprayer didn't like doing customer service much, it made him nervous. When he got nervous his hand writing went all to pot. So when the boss gets back and we discuss the new job, to get a good idea of whats what we looked at the job ticket........... 'Indian and a Basin'????? WTF???

'Maybe he wants Ghandi and a Pudding Bowl I suggested'??? Idea 'On a bike tank' scoffed Baz?? Exclamation Well thats what Sid has put (Shanes nick name for some reason). The customer had left no mobile number and the land line never got answered despite my many attempts over the next few days - turns out he'd gone off on holdiday for a month, thats why he'd left the bike.

Finally, after much stuttering we got it out of Sid Suspect - a Native American Indian theme - Dream catchers, teepees, open fires, the buffalo running on praire etc. (something original then Smile ). However the idea of Ghandi etc. lingered and it just so happened that we had spare tank just like his kicking around the shop. So on a whim I painted it black at the same time as the rest of his stuff and then handed it all on to Baz for artwork.

He's got the same sense of humour as me and having done the relevant on the customers gear he set to for a couple of hours and did a fine rendition of Ghandi standing next to a table with a pudding bowl.........

I bunged the whole lot through the booth for lacquer and finish and then racked it away ready for collection.

To cut a long story short - the owner turned in with his wife to collect, took one look and said WTF IS THAT??? Seeing what he thought was his tank among the other items we had out on the counter for him. With a gentle flourish Baz pulls out the Job Sheet the customer had signed and showed him Sids written instruction - in the mean time I'd ducked into the office and flashed the real tank at the guys wife, who immediately got the idea an joined in! 'Honey' she said 'you know I rather like the skinny guy - its different, and the quality is great'. 'Screw that' he says ' how am I gonna explain this a the next meeting of HOG??' affraid

TBH thats about as far as we could let it go without seriously getting the guy lairy. I quickly showed him the real job and he burst in to laughter. His wife even asked if she could buy the other tank with Ghandi on it as a keep sake, but we had to decline as it was a 'shop item' - meaning about 20 minutes later it got stripped ready for another 'demo' paint job.

After that Sid refused point blank to deal with customers - hiding in the spraybooth or the loo if anyone ever came in lol Laughing Laughing

I do miss that place - some of the dumb stuff we did, by all standards of today we should've been shot, but we had a great time along the way sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:38 pm

That's hilarious!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:41 pm

DennisB wrote:
One more thing...You do meet nicer class of people on a Honda.

I have to agree with you. Over my lifetime I have owned 15 Harleys, The last one an 2007 Roadking. One Goldwing. 2 Honda Shadows. Now I'm in love with my S-Wing and woud not go back to a Harley. I ain't done 2 Million miles, I but have rode a bit.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_rider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ghost_rider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Hahahaha sounds like alot of fun at times to pass harleys lol. I have done
that as well. I was heading up hwy 6 n from Galveston and a guy on a'herley flew by me. I was only doing the speed limit which was 55 mph.
Anyways he flew by me and i said what the heck. He made me look like
i was standing still so anyways he was about 30 ft. or more when
i opened it up. I cought up to him with no problem. He was doing around
75 and i passed his ass just to let him know that he is NOT a bad ass
biker lol. I passed him and i saw that the light ahead of us was turning
yellow to red so i slowed down with no problems. They guy on the
harley had to lock his brakes up. Oh and there was a van in front of him
and a car in the middle lane. So what does he do he had to go in
between those two vehicles to avoid a nasty wreck which he would
probably been dead if he hit that van from behind. I had stopped
before he did and i saw what i thought was going to happen.
He went inbetween both of the cars and looked both ways
then nailed it again right in the intersection gave it gas and he was gone.
I saw that and i just shook my head and said what a DUMB ASS that
guy is. Just for your info i did NOT have to use the abs breaking
to stop me. I had enough distance to come to a complete stop
without hitting the brakes so hard.
On the other hand my brother blows me away all the time cuz
he built his harley and likes to ride FAST ALL THE TIME.
i do not like to ride fast i like to trvel slowly especaily on the back
roads when there are NO cars behind you and you can look
around at the senary.
Ghostrider
Greg
Houston tx usa
40K and still going strong on my swing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The devil made me do it    The devil made me do it  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The devil made me do it
Page 1 of 1