Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted   Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:11 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody had the above item spare i.e. swapped your seat for a corbin item etc. and had the original Honda seat collecting dust?

All I really want is the riders seat stop - I would like to make a back rest but having made the relevant brackets etc. find that Sally is very uncomfortable on the back so I need a second one to modify.

I've seen one on Ebay USA, and have emailed the seller - tbh the cost of sending the whole seat over here is a bit of a concern. Hopefully someone may have one I'm looking for.

Cheers for now.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted   Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:47 am

Sorry skippy, mine is stock(ish) so bum stop in use.

My nearest and dearest suffered having been spoilt by the Burgers pax seat rest. I bought a Givi back rest for her and it is a doddle to fit. Allows the fitting of a Givi top box too. (I personally don't like top box's so that wasn't an issue for me).

http://www.givi.co.uk/My-motorcycle/?ma=HONDA&mo=Silver-Wing-600---ABS-01--09

Look for TB19 and thats the beastie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted   Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:35 am

Doug,

I think you might have misunderstood - I've already got a back rest for Sally and a pair of DennisB armrests, I want another riders bum stop for me! I need to modify it, rather that mess the one I have up, I'd rather have a spare just in case I do decided to move the bike on in years to come and want to return it to original.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted   Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 am

Your right! I misunderstood.

Having a bad day today. (Been ripped off by a pet store but I am about to have the last say!!).
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted   Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:00 am

Don't tell me - the cat litter turned out to be 'reprocessed'???? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted   Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 am

Skippy wrote:
Don't tell me - the cat litter turned out to be 'reprocessed'???? Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing Not quite!!

££££ or $$$$ for our US friends. Wink

Ordered something for the hounds. A clearance item. Collected when I was getting a few other bits for the spoilt pooches.

Got home found I had been charged full price. At the same time, one of a pair dog leads we had bought is self destructing! Only a week or so old. Miffed would be a sedate reply to my mood regards the dealer. (Pets at Home).

However, all sorted now, the manager is very sympathetic to my plight having messed me about over their food last year. Another epic worthy of a Tom Clancy novel!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted   Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:07 am

Skippy wrote:
I was wondering if anybody had the above item spare i.e. swapped your seat for a corbin item etc. and had the original Honda seat collecting dust.

I replace my OEM buttrest with a Utopia backrest ... I will never return to the OEM buttrest. Shipping just the buttrest would be much cheaper.
Back to top Go down

Adjustable 'Butt' Stop Wanted
Page 1 of 1