Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did Empty
PostSubject: SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did   SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Just wanted to jump in and give a final update to the SilverWing purchase that never was.

After the disappointment of not getting the Wing in the cooperative-yardsales.com SCAM mess I stepped back and took stock. I had gotten advice on this forum and a couple of others trying to plant the seed up to slapping me verbally upside the head that the Wing might be too much starter bike for the granddaughters. Too much power and too heavy.

Thinking back I may have been letting the "great deal" cloud my judgement. So after not getting the bike I was set to thinking again. Also I may have been getting a little help and guidance from above in losing the Wing purchase.

Two days later I found a 2007 Honda Rebel CMX 250 with less than 10,000 miles. Decked out with floorboards, heal/toe shifter, National Cycle Windshield, Iso Grips, Sissy Bar, luggage rack and saddlebags it was a Great Deal listed at $1650.00 on - Oh No !! Craigslist.

The sale seemed legit even at this very low price. Had home and cell numbers listed. Offer to send more pics via email and a invite to call anytime. So I bit again, called a couple of times - got a personal voice mail response and emailed a couple of times with the same no result. So I resolved I had missed out on two Great Deals. Two days later I get a return call, he had been out of town a couple of days and the cell number was a business number he did not have with him. The guy is a County Sheriff here in Texas. We talk - I tell him of my last Craigslist nightmare. He assures me that the bike is as advertised with not a scratch or dent on it.

I commit to purchasing the Rebel and he agrees to hold the bike for 4 or 5 days because I cannot get off work until at least later in the week to make the 600 mile trek to get it. He takes my word that I will be down with cash in hand to get it. Refreshing doing business on a handshake or at least a "word shake" on a man's promise.

So the kids will be learning on a Rebel instead instead of Wing and this is most likely a good thing. Was looking forward to the Wing ... maybe later.

Again thanks to all who chimed in ....

Back to top Go down

SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did Empty
PostSubject: Re: SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did   SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did   SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Rebel 250 is a MUCH better choice for learning on IMHO.
Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did   SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:20 pm

I think you will be very happy, both with your purchase, and your results.
There will be plenty of Silverwings when its time for them to move up.

Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did   SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:28 pm

And the Rebel will hold its value as well as or better than most "beginner" bikes. Shoot, better than most bikes period. If the bike is truly as advertised, you got a great deal.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did   SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:32 pm

I always liked the 'Rebel',pity they didn't imported into the UK as an official bike.

A friend had one years ago and she got on with it great guns, it gave her loads of confidence and to be honest it looked the Dogs as well!
Back to top Go down

SilverWing Purchase Debacle comes to a resolution .... I didn't but then I did
Page 1 of 1