Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Trailer Trashing

Go down 
+13
lalee
surlybiker58
KurtPerthWA
"Hi Yo"
MikeO
Skippy
CathyN
DennisB
trouble1100
JeffR
sonuvabug
MaxB
jdeereanton
17 posters
AuthorMessage
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 6:59 am

Starting a new thread so those who have nothing nice to say about people who may use a trailer have a place to rant.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:13 am

I used a trailer once. Trailered our Reflexes to MN in advance of a ride around Lake Superior. Had a great time. Wouldn't change a thing about it. The constraints of time and the desire to spend more time on the scoots while riding around the lake were both contributing factors.

I'd consider using a trailer again - I get only 120 hours of vacation each year and so when I factor in using a bit over 60 of them for a mission trip in addition to other family needs - I can see trailering to a location to squeeze in more time spent on location riding.

However I am not upset with you if you choose not to trailer - It's a big world and I think we can both exist and enjoy each others company.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:58 am

I have a trailer and use it to haul 2 bikes at once , since police frown upon me trying to ride both at the same time.

Also i have friends that trailer to FL . during the winter. They then use the enclosed trailer as a camper. He is 71 and she's Uh...29 . hahahah

Nothing wrong with trailers. Right now mine is filled with limbs.

I also have a trailer I pull behind my M/C once in a while on long trips camping.

MaxB
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:38 am

I have two trailers. Does that make me double trailer trash?

One is an enclosed 6x10 that I have customized with two wheel chocks that can handle two fully dressed touring bikes if nexessary (it's tight bu doable).

I've installed tons of e-track on the floors and walls for tie downs (I also use it for hauling general stuff around, lend it to friends for moving day use etc.). It even has a cupboard, clothes bar for riding leathers and base cabinet for MC supplies, parts and other gear.

Inside its painted in checkerboard white and black and this coming season, I'll finish this project by trimming it out with checkerboard aluminum plate and a rubberized floor to prevent slippage.

My second open 4x8 utility trailer has some e-track fittings and tie-downs so I can use one of the chocks from the enclosed trailer. I use this trailer to run a single bike into the dealer when necessary. I also use it to haul trash to the dump ... yup ... trailer trash.

Like Dale and many others who still work, we have limited vacation time and we pull the enclosed trailer behind our RV so we can enjoy two of our favourite past-times ... RV touring/camping and touring on our scoots.

We just wouldn't have it any other way. Might even see some of you at the HAMS IV next June. We'll be the ones hauling our scoots in our trailer behind us as we wind and camp our way down from Canada. ~ sonuvabug ~
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:39 pm

I only use a trailer to ride around the country trying to find "free" Silver Wings just sitting out. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Tracey and I trailer our scoots to Lancaster County twice a year to ride in the spring and fall Mid Atlantic Scooter Rally ( www.midatlanticscoot.com )

With our work schedules we found that the leisurely ride in the cage to and from the rally is a bit safer and for the past few years drier than if we had pushed on two wheels to keep schedules.

Trailer Trashing Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTazBpPxvmZXzVFT7m3BYJ_VHxsYozo4BJTjamURNsTQAXvI5pQ
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Ya Know...I never have had the Silverwing on a trailer.

NOW that old 59 Panhead Harley, just loved to ride on a trailer and/or in the back of a Pick-up. It was always breaking down for one reason or another. Parts were just wearing out on the old girl.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:07 pm

We trailered the SW home after we bought it from a fine gentleman 380 miles away from home. I had never ridden outside of a parking lot. Bob was use to shifting and using the clutch on his bike and wasn't comfortable riding it all the way home back to Chicago. We were storing my father-in-law's bike trailer in out garage for 5 years with out moving it. When we pulled it out to get it ready for the trip down to southern Illinois to pick up the SW the current license sticker was the same color as the the one on the plate. Glad we did that it was a long day. We got up at 3 am. and got home about 10 pm. Had some rain on the way home.

I got up the next day and took it for a ride in around the city and suburds. Had alot of fun. Manage to put about 1600 miles on it before the cold and snow set in while working a full time job.

I agree, when you have only limited vacation time you have to make the choice of spending more riding time at your destination or using that time up riding to your destination. Coming out of Chicago we are pretty flat and straight for quite a distance and quite congested.

Bob and I have to decide how we want to ride this summer. He always rode to where he was going. Whether it was Wyoming, Myrtle Beach, Tennessee etc. But now I am riding with him and I have yet to build up my endurance on long rides. It also, helps knowing we have a trailer in the garage to have that choice.

We are planning on going back to Knoxville this summer. Possibly the BMW Rally in Pennsylvania in July. And I would like to see if we could make it down to the STO Rally in Sept. I have more vacation time then Bob so we will have to see. I don't see myself going by myself. But maybe if I trailered it and met up with some you fine folks I could pull it off.

Good thread Dale.

Cathy
Back to top Go down

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm not trying to dis anyone here, but what's the difference if you trailer your ride to the rally, park, wherever and riding it there? Whether you are in a car pulling a trailer or on a bike, it's the same amount of time. Now if you have an RV and like RV'ing, I totally understand. Also, if you have a lot of stuff to bring, then a car pulling a trailer would be more practical.

I guess it's just me, but I would rather ride a two wheeler in the rain than drive a car in the rain. I know. I'm a nut. But I'm a happy nut. tongue
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:30 am

Hang on theres some sematics in here!

I own two trailers; 1 a small 4x5 box untility trailer that gets used for all and sundry, from runs down the recycling centre to collecting building materials, the other is a commercially made single motorcycle carrying trailer, its a chassis with a central rail in which the bike sits, there are no lockers, storage bins etc.etc. It cost me a fair whack of money 3 years ago after a holiday of a life time to Aus turned out to be anything but......

The point is the only time a motorcycle has been on the trailer (either mine or friends) is when its not working or on the very odd occasion I've been running a stand at a local show and need to shift not only a bike but a whole load of camping gear at the same time using the van, making one trip.

Initally, anybody (regardless of age) whom I found to be trailering a 'bike' anywhere to a rally was regarded at the very least with scepticism (putting it politely) or more likely with contempt. HOWEVER, the more one learns about others limited time, and taking into account distances that need to be travelled to get to events then I can begin to understand the attaction.

I rode over to a Dutch CX club rally a couple of years ago, and met up with a friend from Belgium. Late into the night we partied, and eventually the converstation came around to the lack of club members from his locality attending the rally. Grumpily, he told me that all the 'so called riders' he knew thought the ride to the event was a bit to far for them (a distance of about 90 miles) which was why he was on his own. He then commented it was a bad reflection on his country men that 18 of us from the UK had bothered to make the ride.

The point of all this is simple; from my perspective I can find an event going on here in the UK probaby every weekend of the year, and with luck I can leave at a reasonable time on a Friday afternoon and expect to arrive well in time for last orders at the bar. I can then set off on a Sunday morning and be back home before dark (most of the time). Have a good nights sleep and be fresh for Monday. I have never met anyone who's work arrangements make them count their time off in hours!!!! Even in the Army we took 'days/weeks' on leave. ~What sort of job (apart from shifts) requires you to work weekends as well as during the week?? Most Brits average 40-50 hours a week.....

Like I said, I feel very lucky to be able to live my life the way I do!

Last edited by Skippy on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 6:01 am

Skippy,

The past 18 months and probably the next 12 I have been working on a development program for a foriegn customer. The product we are designing is meant to get our friends out of harms way and put the customer up on their feet as their own protector. It is the only program I've ever worked where the schedule has consistently moved to the left (gotten tighter). I had a slacker week a couple of weeks ago - only 59 hours.

When I was a soldier I had 30 days of "leave" each year along with permissive TDY and passes, all paid. Oddly in the commercial world they don't want to pay you if you don't work. I have 120 hours of vacation and 40 hours of sick pay that are at my disposal. I am leaving 41.5 hours of vacation and 20 hours of sick pay on the table this year.

I have a multitude of interests outside of riding a SilverWing. I dance, I ride with the Patriot Guard, I volunteer at a local High School, I'm a fairly active servant at my church, and I have a family that deserve more of my time. Unfortunately, no matter how much I would like it to be so - there are only 24 hours in a day and I do require some sleep.

I used to have a good bit of disdain for folks who used a trailer, until I realized that there is a limited amount of time. I guess like most things - our own experience sometimes is limited and does not account for the situation of others. I'd have to say I would probably not trailer to an event less than 400 - 500 miles away, but that is just my preference.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 6:53 am

I have a Devon Mottoware sugar bowl; the motto is 'Say little but think much'.

I keep my own counsel and care little for what others think of me (in most circumstances).

I would not trailer my Silverwing under normal circumstances - the ride to and from is part of the event for me - and as most of my rideouts are in England, taking car and trailer on either Shuttle or ferry every time would prove very expensive.

It's a bit like ATTGATT.

As for working-hours and weekends; I could never 'get away' early on a Friday in term-time and frequently worked on Saturdays and Sundays, preparing, marking, writing Reports and so on.

I'm probably barmy but I actually get a buzz out of towing. Wink
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:41 am

Adendum Edit:

JD, you seem to keep yourself busy Smile As one of the European riders who use this forum, I constantly find myself suprised at the things you guys over the pond do. As I was saying, I now understand why some riders choose to trailer a bike to a rally or show, as has been discussed in the past, distances are so much greater over there than here, and for that I count myself lucky.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:06 am

Skippy wrote:
... snipped ... as I was saying, I now understand why some riders choose to trailer a bike to a rally or show, as has been discussed in the past, distances are so much greater over there than here, and for that I count myself lucky.

Distances are a part of it for us Skippy. So is the fact that we do not have a lot of scenic, curvey roads in our immediate area (southwestern Ontario is pretty boring) and have to ride a fairly long distance on a superslab before we get to the nice roads.

We also live on the busiest superslab in North America (Highway 401 between Windsor ON and Quebec) and to get anywhere with really good riding roads (i.e. anywhere into the USA), we have to ride that black beast ... not fun at the best of times.

I'll give you an example. I attended the HAMS III Rally last June in St. Louis Missouri. Left on Wednesday mid-morning and was back late Sunday night. It is about 1200 kms. (800 miles) from our house. I rode down and back alone as my sweetie could not attend due to work commitments. I didn't mind the ride although it was 100% superhighway riding ... not a lot of fun in my books.

My sweetie finds no pleasure in riding those kind of roads for miles on end. Mind numbing expereince if you're doing it for 8+ hours at a time. For us, trailering in our RV allows us to get there comfortably (without monkey butt), and allows us to enjoy the people and riding experience so much more when we arrive.

Just a perspective from a fellow rider in the Great White North. ~ sonuvabug ~
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:28 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
My sweetie finds no pleasure in riding those kind of roads for miles on end. Mind numbing expereince if you're doing it for 8+ hours at a time. For us, trailering in our RV allows us to get there comfortably (without monkey butt), and allows us to enjoy the people and riding experience so much more when we arrive.

sonuvabug;

You pulled the words from my thoughts before I could post them.
We haven’t had the pleasure of riding the 401 on two wheels affraid and don’t want to tackle anything more than the Pa Turnpike. Tracey is a competent rider but is still is a little skittish next to an 18-wheeler at interstate speeds.
We have done the Lincoln Highway (Rt-30) so many times we have run out of new diners and restaurants to try.
At this point in time the rally is the adventure, getting to and from is time to relax.
Back to top Go down

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:37 pm

trouble1100 wrote:

Tracey is a competent rider but is still is a little skittish next to an 18-wheeler at interstate speeds.

I don't blame her. I've been riding for 35 years (38 if you count trail riding before I got my 1st license) and at interstate speeds I'm skittish next to an 18 wheeler on any 2 wheeler big or small. And I'm not that comfortable in a car. Anyone who isn't skittish next to an 18 wheeler at interstate speeds in anything less than another 18 wheeler needs a reality check. The thing is at least 5 times your size. And that's in a cage. You can't win.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Trailer Trashing 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:09 pm

[quote="MikeO"]I have a Devon Mottoware sugar bowl; the motto is 'Say little but think much'.

Very good advice. That's why God gave us two ears and one mouth. Of course on some it's an awfully big mouth. Since Santa's still checking his list, I won't name names. As long as they don't invade my space, why should I care what others do or don't do. santa
Back to top Go down

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 7:41 am

i don't like trailering .but when it is necesary I do it . I will be trailering to texas in March . it could be -30 when I leave here . that might be a good reason to trailer .
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:37 am

Yeah we get em too,

Trailer Trashing B_doub10
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:11 pm

If the need to trash people who use a trailer is part of your DNA, please do so here.

Please - Don't drive legitimate threads about rallies into the trailer hater weeds.

I've used a trailer in the past and most likely will in the future. Time is of the essence for me.

Last edited by jdeereanton on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix spelling error - cuss spillin makz a matter.)
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:12 pm

I rode to work this am - temp was 26 degrees. Didn't use a car or a trailer.
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:54 am

I don't own a trailer but do own a pickup truck and an RV, does that
count ?
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:50 am

surlybiker58 wrote:

I don't own a trailer but do own a pickup truck and an RV, does that
count ?
Sure, folks can trash your use of that for conveying your bike. Seems like dumping on you for using all available (legal) resources to manage and enjoy your personal recreational choices is fair.

Fall in line and do as I say or --- you're stupid. Cool he said tongue firmly planted in his cheek Razz .
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2013-11-09

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:19 am

I pull a trailer at times with my Swing for camping, but there are times I put the Swing on a trailer and take it with me.  I do it on camping trips when I need to put on a good deal of miles in one day, going and coming.  For instance, my girl friend likes to go along camping.  From Seattle to Glacier National Park is 675 miles one way.  Not impossible to do on the bike.  But, using the van, we take turns driving, I get to take a little rest while she is driving and we can travel at night and or early morning.  

My brother and I trailer-ed our scooters to the Grand Canyon from Seattle and we were there in less than 24 hours.  If we rode down, it would have been 3 days of riding just to get there.  Also, we took turns driving and we were back home in 24 hours as well.  Physically impossible to do that in 24 hours with both riding.  

By the way, I wouldn't hesitate to fly from Seattle to Florida and rent a bike there and ride around for a weekend and fly back.  4 days spent.  two traveling to and fro.  Two days riding in the sunshine.  Not a bad idea as it is getting cold and rainy here these days.  I know I could ride there.... camping all the way.  7 days on the road, one way.  Remember, setting up camp, breaking camp takes time and it is not wise to ride at night.  

There are legitimate reasons for using trailers and I don't see anything wrong with it.  

If I only had a week to visit the Grand Canyon, I wouldn't want to spend 3 days getting there, three days back to spend a half day looking over the edge and calling it good.  
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:26 am

jdeereanton wrote:
Starting a new thread so those who have nothing nice to say about people who may use a trailer have a place to rant.

lalee, what you have posted sounds like a reasoned use of resources and time.

But, and I've been guilty of this myself; This thread is for all of the open minded people who must bash us for using trailers. Because only the open minded know, people who ride and occasionally use trailers------No Matter the Reason-----are not real riders!
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 2:20 pm

jdeereanton wrote:
jdeereanton wrote:

lalee, what you have posted sounds like a reasoned use of resources and time.

I've been guilty of this myself; This thread is for all of the open minded people who must bash us for using trailers.  Because only the open minded know, people who ride and occasionally use trailers------No Matter the Reason-----are not real riders!
Thank you for your kind words.  

I can understand their passion for motorcycling.  Some people start to look at motorcycling as a complete lifestyle and anything less than that is considered "wannabes," in the old days we called them "sidewalk commandos" and their bikes were called "trailer or garage queens."  Ok, so some people live in fantasy a little more than reality.  It is what they choose to do.

Owning a motorcycle and riding it does not define one's character.  

It doesn't even embellish it very much if they don't use it.  In fact it is a waste of resources.  

Relationships are based on mutual interest, respect and admiration.  I don't respect others who impose their will on others with a closed mind, whatever the subject matter is.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 8:12 pm

[quote="lalee"

Relationships are based on mutual interest, respect and admiration.  I don't respect others who impose their will on others with a closed mind, whatever the subject matter is.[/quote]
Very well said lallee. applause 

If you choose to trailer your bike for what ever reason there is nothing wrong with your decision. Whatever works for you. Who care what anyone else thinks.
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:12 pm

This picture speaks volumes about the subject matter.  I find it humorous.

Trailer Trashing Harleytrailers
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:07 pm

lalee wrote:
This picture speaks volumes about the subject matter.  I find it humorous.

Trailer Trashing Harleytrailers
What's the difference between a Harley taken to Daytona on a trailer and one that's being ridden there?
The one on the trailer is going about 30mph faster.

Why do all Harley owners have trailers?
So they can go around corners faster!
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 1:24 am

trouble1100 wrote:

What's the difference between a Harley taken to Daytona on a trailer and one that's being ridden there?

:lol!:  humor at another brands expense on a motorcycle forum is a good use of key strokes. No paper was wasted in your transmission, but some electrons were inconvenienced.

Those brand loyalist should learn the good lesson I was taught by my grandfather: He said that you should never love anything that can't love you back.

guitarist 

Back to top Go down
Magoo Triker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Magoo Triker

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-08-03

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 7:07 pm

I have trailered bikes in the past when the roads were iced over in Alaska. Also picked up a used trike once in Texas and trailered it to Florida. Now I have a trailer hitch on my trike kit but I think will never run down the road with a trailer on it. Just not my cup of tea.

Magoo Triker
Back to top Go down
DerrillW
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DerrillW

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:36 pm

I have trailered my bike, triked my bike, trucked my trailer, trucked my bike, triked my trailer, trailered my trike and biked my trailer. It's all good! Smile 
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:52 pm

That's a lot of truck and trailering .Smile
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 5:05 am

trouble1100 wrote:

One of my neighbours had a Harley Wide-Glyde, and HE told me this one!

"Why don't Harley riders sit on the bike when it's on the side stand?
They don't like to lean that far!!Laughing
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 6:38 am

LOL! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trailer Trashing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer Trashing   Trailer Trashing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trailer Trashing
Page 1 of 1