Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Need hand warmers for Silverwing

Go down 
+7
jdeereanton
MikeO
pippobis2
lesley & John
Skippy
honda_silver
wingmann
11 posters
AuthorMessage
wingmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
wingmann

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Need hand warmers for Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:40 pm

I do not think Honda offers hand warmers for 2010 Silverwing. Will the hand warmers that Honda offers for the Reflex fit the Silverwing. And if it will work do I have to do any Mods to make the hand warmers fit and work on my Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:59 pm

wingmann wrote:
I do not think Honda offers hand warmers for 2010 Silverwing. Will the hand warmers that Honda offers for the Reflex fit the Silverwing. And if it will work do I have to do any Mods to make the hand warmers fit and work on my Silverwing.

From Honda UK ( http://ww1.honda.co.uk/mcstatic/en/product/accessoriesPDF/2010Range/SilverWing.pdf ) it shows the "08T50-MCT-800A" heated handgrips.

Honda Canada does offer optional Honda heated grips "08T50-MCT-800A" ( http://hondacanada.ca/MCPE/Motorcycle/Accessories/Details.htm?Type=Model&Name=XL1000VA10&L=E&View=Model&Page=2 ).

If you can find specifications for both heated grips it would help.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:07 pm

I use 'Oxford Hot Hands' ( search for Oxford OF694 Hothands)
- they are a truly universal fitment, they can be removed very simply because they aren't actually glued on the handle bars, they just wrap around and close with velcro.

The down side is they make the bar grips a little more bulky, but I've never viewed that as a real problem. In fact the biggest problem I had is that they can get too hot! Making my very wet gloves steam! The simple solution is to that is turning them off for a short while; again very easy as they come with a dedicated sealed mounted switch. I do recommend wiring them into a part of the loom that is controlled by the ignition; prior to doing this I had a flat battery once!

I like them a lot as they can be removed in summer with very little hassle, and they don't eventually wear out like other heated grips always seem to do.

I'm going to wire mine in on the Scoot this time using a relay, switched by the headlight, feeding the power line into the left hand fairing pocket where my power accessory socket alreadly lives - I'm not going to run them off the socket as I don't know if its fused or what the wire feeding it is rated for - better to be safe than sorry Smile .

I have heard of one or two folks complaining that the elements have broken, stopping part of the unit from heating up, I tend to think thats down mishandling perhaps and the luck of the draw, heated grips tend to be a fragile.
Back to top Go down
lesley & John
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
lesley & John

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi skippy the original Honda items are the dogs I to like you are riding in around minus 6 chilly
Back to top Go down
pippobis2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pippobis2

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:52 pm

I have the Honda heated grips and hand guards "Isotta" for the SW-T (Silver Wing). motorcycle
Back to top Go down
pippobis2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pippobis2

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:53 pm

http://www.isotta-srl.com/EN/

http://www.isotta-srl.com/EN/Distributors.aspx
affraid

Last edited by pippobis2 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pippobis2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pippobis2

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Need hand warmers for Silverwing 2zi58pc

Need hand warmers for Silverwing 345ig6g
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Part number for the hand-guards, please.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Wow, heated hand guards??? Must draw on hell of a current Laughing
Back to top Go down
pippobis2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pippobis2

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Skippy wrote:

1) Honda heated grips
2) hand guards isotta SW-T PM 18

http://www.isotta-srl.com/EN/ARTICLES/PM18.aspx
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:24 pm

pippobis2 wrote:
Skippy wrote:

1) Honda heated grips

Do you know if the Model: SILVER WING SW-T 400 '09 is the same as the older Silvering 600?

Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:32 pm

honda_silver wrote:
pippobis2 wrote:
Skippy wrote:

1) Honda heated grips

Do you know if the Model: SILVER WING SW-T 400 '09 is the same as the older Silvering 600?

I hope this gets fully quoted again Laughing

The SW-T 400 is the "new look" 400cc bike available in Europe.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:39 pm

jdeereanton wrote:

I will rephrase my question

Do you know if the Model: SILVER WING SW-T 400 '09 is fits the same as the older Silvering 600?
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:44 am

I've tried heated grips on a couple of my past bikes and didn't find they did the job for me. I have some nerve damage from frostbite I got in my younger years flying in Alaska. Supercubs should have a heated stick. I ride both my Goldwing and Silverwing in cold weather so I didn't want to put heated grips on both of them especially since they didn't do the job for me. I ended up buying a pair of Gerbings G3 heated gloves and a controller. These are the best thing I ever bought in over 50 years of riding. The keep my hands completely comfortable in all weather. They are waterproof too. Not cheap but worth every penny. Best of all I can wear them on my GW or the SW without modifying either bike. They were so good I followed up with a heated jacket liner too. Recently on a ride in the mountains at altitude where the temps were in the low 20s I felt as warm as I do on a summer ride. Wonderful. The SW's electrical system doesn't have any problem handling both the gloves and liner. I don't know if the SW would have enough power for two sets though it could easily handle two pairs of gloves. Highly recommended for cold weather.
Back to top Go down
pippobis2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pippobis2

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:43 am

honda_silver wrote:
jdeereanton wrote:

I will rephrase my question

Do you know if the Model: SILVER WING SW-T 400 '09 is fits the same as the older Silvering 600?

L'SW-T 400 è differente dal Silver wing 400 solo esteriormente, , dal 2011 ci sarà anche l'SW-T 600 anche questo differnte dal Silver wing 600 solo esteriormente

The SW-T 400 Silver Wing 400 is different from just externally, , by 2011 there will also be the SW-600 T also this differnt from the Silver Wing 600 only outwardly i

Need hand warmers for Silverwing Sv4faq
Back to top Go down
more.isotta.screens
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:17 pm

You can find here Isotta's latest products, Pair of Hand protector full attack for SILVER WING SW-T 400 (09')

Need hand warmers for Silverwing Is_PM18_b

Go to www.euronetbike.net and search for SILVER WING SW-T 400-600 vers.2009, these codes:
PM18 - Set of hand protectors

PM17 - only the right side hand protector

PM16 - only the left side hand protector

Compared to traditional windshields with builtin
handguards (which have the dual disadvantage
of breaking at the slightest impact and barely
protecting the hands), Isotta handguards,
being separate from the windshield, offer real
and complete protection against wind and
water. Furthermore, in the case of impact damage,
it is also possible to change just the
handguard instead of the entire sheet, with
significant cost advantages.

If you need any information please drop us an email.

Erjon Galanxhi
--
Euroe-com Trading GmbH
Josef Maderspergergasse 2
2353 Guntramsdorf, Austria

Tel: +43-2236-205559
Fax: +43-2236-864650
E-mail: customer@euronetbike.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.vertet.eu
alfadave
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:10 pm

My hands get cold, even in Florida riding at night in the winter.
My answer has been the Oxford Grip Heaterz, which i bought from
this guy.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OXFORD-SPORT-Heaterz-Heated-Grips-7-8-Handlebars-LATEST-2012-EDITION-/190636601967?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c62d3b26f
Great product at a great price.
Coupled with a Clearview windshield that routes air away from the hands, I'm toasty!
Back to top Go down
http://www.syntheticoilcompany.com
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Ya Alfadave is been a ruff winter down hear this year. Razz Oh well there's still February to get through. The groundhog saw his shadow. So if we have six more weeks of what we have had so far for winter, I think I can live through it. Razz Ya think?
Back to top Go down
alfadave
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:55 pm

you betcha!
Back to top Go down
http://www.syntheticoilcompany.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need hand warmers for Silverwing   Need hand warmers for Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need hand warmers for Silverwing
Page 1 of 1