Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

DIY Hand Guard

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-08-18

DIY Hand Guard Empty
PostSubject: DIY Hand Guard   DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 1:03 am

You are welcome
https://app.box.com/s/b73lo3k5rnnf811vxzoq
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

DIY Hand Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Hand Guard   DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:21 am

That's one set of cluttered up handlebars you have there mate.  Smile
Back to top Go down
LN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

DIY Hand Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Hand Guard   DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:29 am

That is made out of a bag cut in half and the L brackets from hardware store. Those are 2 years old. Great for rain. Next time I will use bigger bag and make sure there are no holes at all. At 30F any little hole becomes a problem.

Clutter? Hmmm, that is my last name. What you don't see is also a 7 inch monitor that goes in top of the gps unit for my night vision camera which goes on my helmet.

Yeap, it gets really sad. I wear 4 devices. 3 are hard wired plus an around the head headset and earmolds headphones. I total about 10ft of cable. Getting ready to buy an Axon Tazer camera. I also have a router and a laptop in the back. I am known to fill up 3 baskets going through security.

And I didn't say anything about the 4 cameras that will be mounted on the front and back and sides that will record in loop while driving.

Don't ask
Sad
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

DIY Hand Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Hand Guard   DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:18 am

Wow. Did not realize Texas was so cold.
Recommend you put these into your album here on the board also.
This way the pictures are local to the board.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

DIY Hand Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Hand Guard   DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 9:19 am

Nice DIY LN! What kind of bag was that? Some kind of insulated bag...or a ladies hand bag...or what?

If you were making it again would you still use 6 inch "L" bracket, or something larger? Would you have it extend further up your arms, or maybe wider on the bars?

Why the night vision camera on your helmet? Why not more " permanently" mounted on the scoot?  Seems to me that if the camera is small enough for a helmet mount that it could also find a place on a Ram mount cluster bar?

Tim
Back to top Go down
LN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

DIY Hand Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Hand Guard   DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:03 am

I think this bag came with a rifle. Dont remember which one. Any longer bag will do. Do a test with an old sheet or table cloth before cutting the bag.

You will need washer. Bag goes outside the handlebar weights follow by washer.

Dont go nuts tihgting it up. Adjust slowly if it moves. That screw cant handle much torque.

Right side accelerator has 2 small plastic washer. Dont loose them or your acceleration will kindve lock in place

Insulated but not necesarely needed. The secret is
making sure there are no holes. Water and cold air will cancel it's purpose. Best used when raining. You can use you regular thin gloves. Next bag will be a little blonger maybe bigger so I can cover all the way down the handlebars.

I first used no bracket. It kind of worked except by the end of the that it slowly start pushing on my brake. You dont even needed it that long. Enough to cover the outside brake handle.

Black gloves and summer is the reason you dont want this year round. Air need in summer or your hands will cook ....in texas that is.

You can not mount a camera anywhere on any bike body. The rpm with road grooves will interfere with the refreshing rate aka 60hz of both the camera and monitor. The monitor is temporarily mounted on the handlebars but will move them above cluster soon. Its a little calmer there compare with handlebar.

That flir camera is a bitch cause its a heavy and is L shaped and you have to diy cable and adaptors to mount.

Moving my head around saves me from buying a motorized pan and tilt mount.

Yes you can drive with it with no lights. Kindof the equivalent of backup camera. You will not use it to drive backwords but to spot stuff.
Back to top Go down
LN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

DIY Hand Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Hand Guard   DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:03 am

I think this bag came with a rifle. Dont remember which one. Any longer bag will do. Do a test with an old sheet or table cloth before cutting the bag.

You will need washer. Bag goes outside the handlebar weights follow by washer.

Dont go nuts tihgting it up. Adjust slowly if it moves. That screw cant handle much torque.

Right side accelerator has 2 small plastic washer. Dont loose them or your acceleration will kindve lock in place

Insulated but not necesarely needed. The secret is
making sure there are no holes. Water and cold air will cancel it's purpose. Best used when raining. You can use you regular thin gloves. Next bag will be a little blonger maybe bigger so I can cover all the way down the handlebars.

I first used no bracket. It kind of worked except by the end of the that it slowly start pushing on my brake. You dont even needed it that long. Enough to cover the outside brake handle.

Black gloves and summer is the reason you dont want this year round. Air need in summer or your hands will cook ....in texas that is.

You can not mount a camera anywhere on any bike body. The rpm with road grooves will interfere with the refreshing rate aka 60hz of both the camera and monitor. The monitor is temporarily mounted on the handlebars but will move them above cluster soon. Its a little calmer there compare with handlebar.

That flir camera is a bitch cause its a heavy and is L shaped and you have to diy cable and adaptors to mount.

Moving my head around saves me from buying a motorized pan and tilt mount.

Yes you can drive with it with no lights. Kindof the equivalent of backup camera. You will not use it to drive backwords but to spot stuff.
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

DIY Hand Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Hand Guard   DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 7:12 pm

LN wrote:
You are welcome
https://app.box.com/s/b73lo3k5rnnf811vxzoq

I am not able to access your files.
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

DIY Hand Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Hand Guard   DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:09 pm

I am good now. I am able to view the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DIY Hand Guard Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Hand Guard   DIY Hand Guard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIY Hand Guard
Page 1 of 1