Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Arkansas

Go down 
+4
jdeereanton
redeye
honda_silver
robert
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from Arkansas Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Arkansas   Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 11:16 am

Hello to all. Since I just joined the group yesterday I thought I should post a bit to say hello. I think I posted this in the wrong spot earlier so here tiz again.

I am retired U.S. Air Force 1955-1975 with a year in Vietnam 1966/67. I live in my hometown of Clarksville, Arkansas where I was born 72 years ago. I recently lost my wife of 54 years (Yep, we married young) and am trying to find something to do with myself. We had a great 54 years and have 4 children, 9 grandkids and 12 great-grandkids and another on the way. I would love to hear from others especially those in my age bracket on getting involved in the 2 wheeled transportation mode. Outside of a bad back, I am in pretty good shape for my age.

I do not yet have a Silverwing but am actively looking at late model used units as well as the new ones. I would also like to hear from those in Arkansas, individuals or groups, that might be looking for others to join them for events and/or rides. The Ozarks are just now beginning to turn colors and this would be a great time to visit the mountains of Northwest Arkansas.

I best quit for now, Thanks for reading and if you wish, send me a reply.

J.C. Wheeler
Clarksville, Arkansas

Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arkansas   Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi J.C., Hope you find that SWing real soon, remember when you were a kid riding your bicycle how much fun you had, well, you get that same feeling riding your SWing. I'm 67 and having a blast riding my SWing as often as I can. Ride Safe...Robert in Az.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arkansas   Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 2:23 pm

J.C. wrote:
I recently lost my wife of 54 years

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your wife.

J.C. wrote:
I do not yet have a Silverwing but am actively looking at late model used units as well as the new ones. I would also like to hear from those in Arkansas, individuals or groups, that might be looking for others to join them for events and/or rides.

We are doing a ride this week ( https://www.silverwing600.com/general-chat-f12/fall-texas-silverwing-meetup-t1923.htm#19334 ).
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arkansas   Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:52 pm

J.C., I am also sorry to read of your wife's passing, but congratulations on a long marriage. From a former Marine, thank you for your service to our country in the Air Force. There are many used Silver Wings out there as I recently purchased one in September. They seem to be in good supply in the southern United States. Less so up north ** sort of north - Maryland ** but I finally found one.

As a recent (two years ago) first time rider and from your post, I concluded that you are considering two wheel transportation for the first time. Perhaps returning to two wheels after some time away? At any rate, enjoy your search and I hope you find the right ride for you!
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arkansas   Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Having read about the EC-47, I had to follow a hunch and check the information on your avatar. There you are at http://www.ec47.com/dir.htm . Awesome!

Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arkansas   Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:21 am

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
eddy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arkansas   Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:32 am

Hello Arkansas.
Greetings from Europe.
I envy those beautiful names of U.S. states.
Many are, linked to the Indians language, right?
Back to top Go down
http://edho@operamail.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arkansas   Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:08 am

The silverwing is a great bike. Just don't lose your concentration and forget to keep it 'centered' cuz it is a bugger to get back upright. One day I parked mine on grass (foolish thing) and I heard a 'whump'. Wheels were off the ground and it was on its left side. Of course, here in the U.P. I was miles from help. Desperation must give strength because I managed to get it up. Later that same day I hit some loose gravel on a public fishing site where some clown had been doing 'donuts' and went down on the right side. Some fishermen were coming in to the dock and I figured I might have some help... They saw me and turned back into the lake.
Anger and rage also must give strength. Cleared the gravel from underfoot and got it up again. Parked it and bought a used SYM 250 which I rode during the hot days of this summer. Have returned to the SW because of the Givi windshield during these colder days. As with all life, keep it balanced.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arkansas   Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:23 am

More greetings from Europe! cheers

Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arkansas   Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:31 pm

And welcome from the UK too.

I hope you find your Silver Wing and I hope when I'm 72 years young I am still searching for another ride.

Enjoy the site, it's kept me awake many a night.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arkansas   Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm

Hey J.C.,

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Arkansas   Hello from Arkansas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Arkansas
Page 1 of 1