Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-02-25

uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question Empty
PostSubject: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:26 pm

I went to the two wheel touring site and tryed to find them chromed master cylinder covers. I didnt see them and as a matter of fact i didnt see anything remotly close to them. Aint they shared with a gold wing of certain years someone had told me one time?? If they aint got them can ONE OF MY BROTHERS DIRECT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION to order a set or a honda part number so i can order them from my dealer? I got my chromed reflex mirrors today WOW FRIGGIN AWESOME and what a difference in the ammount of rear view. Ok uncle blinggys gonna await patiently for someone in LAFAMIGILIA to answer :-)
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:46 pm

I realize this isn't a domestic or cheap site, but there are a few things on it that you can't find anywhere else, including some chromed parts. Just go thru the pages to find them.

http://japan.webike.net/categories/100000_110000_115000_115020.html

It may however be cheaper to have parts chrome dipped locally.

As for the master cylinder covers themselves, yes I believe they are shared with the Goldwing, so you can pick them up usually from kuryakyn. Don't forget that kuryakyn also makes master cylinder covers with 3 built in switches if you need them.

Dan
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks Dan. I cant have it chromed ill be down with no bike. I had orderd then from 2 wheel touring like 2 years ago and i just cant fint em pal
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:00 pm

Try this link:

http://www.google.com/products?q=chrome+goldwing+master+cylinder&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=D8dUTPL9B4H58AalmvCTBA&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CDQQrQQwAg
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:02 pm

getting very warm dan very warm
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:14 pm

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&catId=&productId=p491743&leafCatId=&mmyId=#fitment

I FOUND IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS TO DAN THE CUSTOM KING I got an idea from his post and Dennis Kirk has it
  • 2003 Honda FSC600A Silver Wing
  • 2004 Honda FSC600A Silver Wing
  • 2005 Honda FSC600A Silver Wing
  • 2006 Honda FSC600A Silver Wing
  • 2007 Honda FSC600A Silver Wing
  • 2008 Honda FSC600A Silver Wing
    2009 Honda FSC600A Silver Wing
  • Back to top Go down
    honda_silver
    Silver Wing Guru
    Silver Wing Guru
    honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
    Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:49 pm

Here is a flamed chromed brake cover

http://tinyurl.com/2a4wsp5

I believe our brake covers are the same size as Gold Wing.
    Back to top Go down
    transam86
    Maxi-Scooter Rider
    Maxi-Scooter Rider
    transam86

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:53 pm

i thought so same application for s/w as g/w i asked my dealer if a g/w was the same thing he didnt know. had i seen this flamed one i would have orderd that one but the plin chrome is cool , thankyou so much for the heads up brother
    Back to top Go down
    dspevack
    Silver Wing Guru
    Silver Wing Guru
    dspevack

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:52 am

Eddie,
    If you ordered the product today, it will probably not ship until Monday, which means if you want the ones with the flames you still have time to cancel the original order and get those.

Dan
    Back to top Go down
    transam86
    Maxi-Scooter Rider
    Maxi-Scooter Rider
    transam86

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:14 am

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH i guess i took my stupid pills Brother Dan thankyou brother
    Back to top Go down
    transam86
    Maxi-Scooter Rider
    Maxi-Scooter Rider
    transam86

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:51 am

i looked at the comparison charts of the bikes it will fit and didnt see to many between the plain one from kuryakyn and the flamed one from Baron. Ide love to get the flamed one billet from baron but dosent say anything obviously about the silverwing. I hate to order it and then return it. Can anybody tell me different please does uncle blinggy sound dUMB???????????? HELL YA HE DOES but I wanna hear it from OTHER GURUS :-) that it will fit. If it does I gotta call Dennis Kirk today sunday and cancel and order from Baron
    Back to top Go down
    dspevack
    Silver Wing Guru
    Silver Wing Guru
    dspevack

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:03 am

Cancel the order today and call Baron on Monday.
    They may not know it fits a silverwing, but keep a list of the ones the Kuryakyn fits handy. If the people at baron start listing bikes it fits that are on the kuryakyn list, then you know you got a winner.
    If not, just reorder from Dennis Kirk on Monday.
    Its just bling, rather than something you need to operate the bike, so another day or two delay won't kill you.

Man the way you're going you're gonna change your ride faster than Hong Kong Phooey!
    Back to top Go down
    honda_silver
    Silver Wing Guru
    Silver Wing Guru
    honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
    Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:12 pm

transam86 wrote:
    i looked at the comparison charts of the bikes it will fit and didnt see to many between the plain one from kuryakyn and the flamed one from Baron. Ide love to get the flamed one billet from baron but dosent say anything obviously about the silverwing.

Does anyone have

1) Calipers to measure
    2) Silverwing and (or access to a )Goldwing to measure the brake covers
    Back to top Go down
    MikeO
    Site Admin
    MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
    Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:53 pm

Using a ruler, I have measured two-and-thirteen-sixteenths between the centres of the screw heads.
    I bought a cover from MotorcycleLarry (with the RAM mount at one end). It was for a Goldwing and is a direct swop for the Silverwing cover.
    Back to top Go down
    transam86
    Maxi-Scooter Rider
    Maxi-Scooter Rider
    transam86

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Mike my question is over the years and changes to the g/w did the mastercylinders stay the same? What year g/w did you sample for this brother?
    Back to top Go down
    MikeO
    Site Admin
    MikeO

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Eddie, have a look here:

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=8

I guess that any cover sold for the Goldwings/bikes listed in the link will fit the Silverwing.
    Back to top Go down
    transam86
    Maxi-Scooter Rider
    Maxi-Scooter Rider
    transam86

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:37 pm

mike im just gonna stay with the ones from dennis kirk, Dan had made mention about how fats im doing everything :-) The excitement of my 09 is kllin me. That dark red candy is KILLER and man does the chrome jump out and bite ya. I just found this AWESOME 3-d looking skulled licensplate frame and mounted it . Ill get some pics and show em here after i get my new plate from nysdmv , How cool is this plate mike NOSHFT god i kill myself thats my new new your licensplate brother :-) As of the weeks end uncle blinggy is all done and photos will be posted.
    Back to top Go down
    MikeO
    Site Admin
    MikeO

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:59 pm

I think you're wise, Eddie; sure as eggs if you order something in a hurry something even better will appear the next day.
    Can't wait to see the pictures.
    Rules are strict here and things like fancy licence-plate surrounds are frowned on.
    Such is life!
    Back to top Go down
    transam86
    Maxi-Scooter Rider
    Maxi-Scooter Rider
    transam86

PostSubject: Re: uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question   uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:04 pm

thanks mike, sad that they make sutch stupid rules and laws. nothing wrong with a nice frame around your plate as long as it hides nothing. Whats the big deal mike you know what im saying? Well i so much appreciate your input brother and imm get photos up real soon brother
    Eddie
    Back to top Go down

uncle blinggy with a master cylinder question
    Page 1 of 1