Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????

Go down 
+3
crahar
jdeereanton
DennisB
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? Empty
PostSubject: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi All, NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? Icon_sunny

I was thinking of purchasing a new pair of riding boots. I've been looking at the Tour Master Solution WP Road Leather Sports Bike Motorcycle Boots. Average price is $116.99 with FREE shipping on most sights.

Been reading reviews on this boot and like what I've reading. Out of 6 quistions asked and the highest number being 5, the Tour Master Solution WP Road Boots score a solid 4.8 from all that have pruchased and warn them. Some say they are also good to stand and walk in.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/96/ITEM/Tour-Master-Solution-WP-Road-Boots.aspx

Anybody here own a pair and what do you think of them? NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? Icon_cyclops

NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? Tmboot10
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Kim and I each have a pair of them and we are very pleased with them. We do travel with a light pair of kicks for in the evenings, but the TourMaster Solution WP's are good for riding all day and for walking (even hiking) around at stops.

Not too fond of them for multi-hour standing in flag lines, but then I don't think anything is very comfy for that kind of activity.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:52 pm

My problem is that they don't make them wide enough for my feet. Mine are wider than they are long and it's hard to find size 13 quadruple wide boots. seems as if most are made for smaller people, have to go to speciality stores for most clothes. Trying too find some riding pants, can find them that fit the waist 6xxxxxx but my legs are too big around at the thighs. Also size 58 jackets are hard to find at reasonable prices. Guess I should quit gripping and just ride. Need too lose about 100 lbs that might help.
Craig
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:58 pm

I've always had a problem getting boots that fit comfortably. I recently bought a pair of 8" Danner Striker boots. These things are comfortable from the get go. Waterproof too in the bargain. They are comfortable on the bike and great for walking and standing. They aren't the most fashionable, look a lot like combat boots, laced front and side zips. Put 'em on, adjust the laces for the fit you want and use the zipper to put them on or take 'em off. One thing I like is they aren't slip on boots like cowboy or engineer's boots that can fly off in an accident.

http://www.amazon.com/Danner%C2%AE-Striker-GORE-TEX%C2%AE-Boots-Black/dp/B000ADEHP6
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:39 am

Oh yeah - I second the comfort of Danner boots! I have stood in many a parade wearing Danner combat boots with no fatigue to the feet. Now I was younger, in real good shape, and the feet weren't supporting as much weight so that may have helped.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:30 am

I looked at a pair of the Solution boots yesterday.
Well made. Good style. Well padded. may be warm in hot climates.
That said. they only come in a D width. (I need EE at least)
They may not be able to be resoled.

MaxB (still looking for waterproof boot, that fits)
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:04 am

These boots are not too hot. We ride in North AL and the temps can get pretty hot. The boots are comfortable.

We also each have a pair of Vega Matrix (short) boots http://tinyurl.com/378hyhr that we wear on occasion.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:15 am

MaxB wrote:
That said. they only come in a D width. (I need EE at least)
They may not be able to be resoled.

(still looking for waterproof boot, that fits)

Sidi Way Mega Rain Boots ( http://www.newenough.com/street/boots/waterproof_sport_street_touring_boots/sidi/way_mega_wide_rain_motorcycle_boots.html ) come with EE width breathable and waterproof.

I visited the New Enough warehouse last week. They said they now have free return shipping if the size is not right and you need to change sizes ... I am sure you can call and get the details, but they try to make it real easy.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:05 am

HI MaxB,

Here's a boot that might just be the one. Original S.W.A.T. Boots - 1234 Men's Air MT Tactical Waterproof Boot. Comes in wide sizes. Do a little looking around, you might find it for a bit less on another sight.

http://www.code3tactical.com/original-swat-boots-1234-waterproof-boots.aspx

NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? 123410
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:13 am

Dennis,

They look nice and I like the water proofing and light weight, but what these and the Danner boots lack is the ankle and shin protection of true motorcycle boots. The Sidi and Tour Master boots are more than just leather uppers. The boot is reinforced at the ankle and the boot "shaft" actually has molded pieces in it to disperse the force of anything striking the shaft and to resist bending (lessen the risk of crushed and/or broken bones).

The Vega offers ankle protection, but not shin protection.

Boots are better than no boots. But, for motorcycling - motorcycle boots are better than work boots.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:44 pm

Just took a ride to the Honda Dealer here in Tulsa. I called them earlier and asked if they had a pair of Tour Master in and they said yes...so off I went. What a great ride...All the honeysucle plants are blooming and air smells sweet today. One thing I should have done was to bring along a dry pair of socks. Getting my foot in the boot was a real chore. Got it in finally and did a little walking around. I've had mild diabetes for about 40 years now and it feels like I'm walking on small rocks most of the time and the bottom of my feet are very sensitive to things. The boots were made well and did have a 2" diameter ankle bone guards on each side. When I tried to take them off the zipper on one of them got stuck and I had to use a pair of pliers to get the boot off my right foot. Handed them back teir boots and said no thanks. I think on normal feet they would be fine but what my feet need is a really soft air type soul. It seems I ride for 20 to 30 minutes to get to PGR Missions and then stand for 2-4 hours so my boots need to be both a rideing and walking/standing boot. I'LL keep looking. Those Tour Master were nice boots but just not for me. NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:21 am

I have Type II diavetes. One annoying thing is I often, most often, feel like my socks are bunched up in my shoes. When this first started occuring some years ago I'd take my shoes off only to find my socks were smooth and it was my feet that gave me the odd feeling. It hasn't gotten much worse over the years but is still annoying at times. Due to a loss of some flexibility in my left foot (gout) it's hard to get some boots on. That's why I like the combat style boots with the side zip. They are infinitely more adjustable for fit than most any other kind of boot. I'm not worrying about stiffeners or armor, basically I don't want any part of my foot ground off with road rash. I haven't found any boots reinforced that way that are comfortable to walk in. Any good boot will help a lot there but they have to be comfortable or you won't wear them; they have to fit so they can't be easily thrown off in an accident, and I also want them waterproof, riding with wet feet isn't fun.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:17 am

DennisB wrote:
HI MaxB,

Here's a boot that might just be the one. Original S.W.A.T. Boots - 1234 Men's Air MT Tactical Waterproof Boot. Comes in wide sizes. Do a little looking around, you might find it for a bit less on another sight.

http://www.code3tactical.com/original-swat-boots-1234-waterproof-boots.aspx

NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? 123410
Dennis I just ordered a pair of these boots. They look like they fit the
bill. I will let you know after i get them.
I ordered from here:
http://www.americanequipage.com/ORIGINALSWATAirM.T.TacticalWaterproof1234.aspx

they were $77 and 12 S/H.

MaxB (who is tired of wet boots?feet on rides)
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:48 pm

That's a great price for that boot and the shipping is not that bad. I'm really interested to hear how you like them.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:01 pm

DennisB wrote:
That's a great price for that boot and the shipping is not that bad. I'm really interested to hear how you like them.

I received the swat waterproof boots yesterday.
First impression. Well made , very light weight, waterproof.

I put them on and noticed that if you have fat calves they need a little more leather to wrap around. My legs swell due to diabetes.
The leather is very stiff. not like the Redwings I have .

I walked around the house for the evening , still stiff. Went to wally world and walked around. No Problems. I am wearing thin cotton dress socks at present. heavier socks will fit as well. Lots of room if diabetic like me.

The fit is very nice. 13 Wide. I usually wear a 13 EE in Redwing boot. These are taller than I usually wear , so some bias may be from this. The heel room is bigger that the redwings but not slipping inside.

I treated them with Lexol leather conditioner. This should soften up the leather somewhat. Time will tell.

The 2oo gram thinsulate makes these boots a little warm for Higher temps. But that is to be seen.

They are light weight and feel like tall sneekers. I felt no heal strikes so they are really comfortable to walk in. My knee didn't even feel the walking. (Good thing)

The zipper makes entry/exit very easy. And no bending over retying. (makes it easy for my bad back)

Today they are a little more pliable/ flexible than yesterday. Leather softening is the key here. Been a while since I broke in new boots.

I haven't tried out the waterproofing yet.
Which is why I bought them. Time will tell.

Overall I think they will fit my need for a waterproof boot.

MaxB (who is getting ready to go to AR for a road trip)
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:17 pm

How do you like the air sole heel on the boot? Looks like it would be very comfortable when just standing for long periods, like in a PGR flage line.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:24 pm

I like the air sole a lot, it takes the jar out of walking , i haven't stood in one place very long yet. But feel very good walking, and standing at the stove. HAHAHAHA

MaxB
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:47 pm

OK...I'm sold. I'm going to order a pair today! Thank you for taking the time so we could all benefit, I like your spirit. I'm officailly calling them the MaxB approved boots.

BTW...I'm going on a scooter camping trip the 29 - 31 in Arkansas, at Ouachita Lake. No fishing...just kicking back with my sisters family and maybe do little hiking around.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Well, I recieved the new waterproof SWAT boots in a few days ago and just had a chance to try them. One word...Cumfee...very Cumfee. This is a great boot for the price and should provide years of protection for my old feet.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Just to piggyback on this thread -

I bought a pair of boots recently at Rack Room Shoes. They look similar to the SWAT boots with a few exceptions -

the upper is a mix of 600D nylon and leather and
there is no Thinsulate

Other than that, they seem similar. The zipper on the inside is very nice. Lots of room in the toe box. Reasonable cushioning. Good protective height. The 600D nylon is the same stuff that jackets are made from, so I think it would protect your ankles in a slide. It is also more flexible than all leather. The outsole on the heel is rounded, so you can walk more naturally.

I wore them this weekend on a 190 mile ride to/on the Blue Ridge Parkway and found them to be very nice. One big benefit that I discovered is that, if you stick your feet out sideways into the breeze, air can blow through the boot, cooling your feet off. Obviously, this would not be a bit benefit in the winter!

I paid $59.95 about two weeks ago. They also had a sale - the second pair of shoes is one-half off regular price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????   NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW BOOTS - Tour Master Solution????
Page 1 of 1