Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
cup holder I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
cup holder I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
cup holder I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
cup holder I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
cup holder I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
cup holder I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
cup holder I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
cup holder I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
cup holder I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
cup holder I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

cup holder

Go down 
+11
Buickguy
bikerdaryl
Somerled
Jim Cater
model28a
DennisB
honda_silver
Hammy
MaxB
dspevack
Eldon
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Eldon

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-05-12

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:30 pm

what kind of cup holder options and how easy is the install cup holder 186319
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:41 pm

You can pick up a "bar buoy" at any marine supply store.
It has a silver dollar size medallion that can be screwed in or double stuck
to the area that sticks out toward you about 4-6 inches below the handlebars. Then the bar buoy slides into that medallion and swings in all directions, keeping your cup steady even in turns. Here it is on my bike. (This is an image from my album, linked in my sig if you are interested.)
cup holder Labele11
Other people use the colapsable cup holder common in automotive stores and boat stores, and mount it behind where your feet go at the back edge of the running board, on the side. Then they flip down when they need it.

Still others use ram style mounts and attach to their handlebars.
Not my favorite but there are those who swear by it.

The bar buoy is more bulky, but swings.
The colapsable cup holder is a permanent mount but doesn't swing.
The handlebar mount is handy but could also be in the way.
You decide what's important to you.

Also as far as positioning goes, consider whether it is important to
you to have an electrically heated mug for your drink.
If so, your location choice may be influenced by wiring route from the mug
to your power source.

Bar Buoy

Collapseable Cup Holder

Ram Mountable Cup Holder

Last edited by dspevack on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:18 am

I use the Kruzer caddy cup holder on all my bikes. Classy a little pricey. I paid about $40 for mine. bought 4 so far for all my scoots. but work extremely well. On the S'wing I used the one that is for the goldwing. It hooks up to the 2 screws that hold the brake levers on. It can be mounted left or right.

the only drawback is it will not hold Large cups. cans aand 20 oz. plastic is OK.

I bought a stanley thermos cup at wally world and it fits perfectly. And helps keep stuff hot or cold.

Here is the holder.

http://www.kruzerkaddy.net/products.html

Edit: looking at the site it is the "Kustom kaddy that fits the S'wing, Goldwing, Reflex. it also fits the Burman (put on on a lady friends)

Hope this helps.
MaxB (who needs his liquids during hot weather)

Last edited by MaxB on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:26 am

I don't use a cup holder cos I wanna save that room for other farkles (which I don't have, heehee)... I used to wear a Camelbak but hated carrying it on my back, so now I use a Camelbak bottle instead and bungie that to the right side of the bike and wrap the hose around my waist and clip it to my belt. That way when I need to, I just lift up the hose and drink from there and put the hose back down when I'm done. Many folks in the IBA rig up insulated coolers and drill holes in the side and put in refrigerator tubing and then add bite valves at the end to make their own 3 to 5 gallon hydration system.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:03 am

Hammy wrote:
I used to wear a Camelbak but hated carrying it on my back, so now I use a Camelbak bottle instead and bungie that to the right side of the bike and wrap the hose around my waist and clip it to my belt.

I use a Camelbak Mule with the optional insulated hose.

I freeze 1/2 to 3/4 of the Camelbak bladder depending on temperature and length of ride. On the morning of the ride, I take out of the freezer and run the screw cap under the hot water to open ... then add cold water to top off the bladder. The optional insulated hose does help keep the water cold longer, but the tip is not insulated just rubber capped. If I have not used in a little while, the first tiny sip I spit out to remove warmer water from the tip. The ice remains all day and the water is very cold.

I do not carry the Camelbak Mule, I place on it on the passenger pillion and crisscross the shoulder straps to the and snap to the Givi TB-19 (or you could used raise buttrest or backrest) and the waist straps around each side of the aluminum hand rail and snap in the middle.

The Camelbak never moves and the hose is easily accessible while riding.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:09 pm

What I came up with, and it works well for me, is a bottled water holder. I never drink water while I'm moving down the road, just to dangerous in my opinion, and this makes it easy to grab a quick drink of water while I'm stopped at a red light or fueling up. I found this bottle water holder for $1.00 and I made the spacers and bracket.
(Sorry about the first picture).

cup holder Unit210

cup holder Unit410

cup holder Unit510
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:32 pm

OK Dennis cup holder Icon_exclaim I don't remember seeing that part listed in parts you make and sell for our Swings. cup holder Icon_question
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:54 pm

Do you need one? I sure like it and it's been a life saver in those hot PGR missions. cup holder Icon_sunny cup holder Icon_sunny cup holder Icon_sunny
I just place a bottle of water in the freezer the night before the mission and install it on the scooter the next morning. It stays cold for most of the day.
Back to top Go down
Jim Cater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Jim Cater

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-04-20

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Okay, I just gotta chime in on this one!! What a Face

Riding a GW i saw bike after bike with this ginormous cup on the handlebars.
Everyone swore by it. I bought one & plan on getting the wife the smaller 20oz version for the Swing.

Beverage Butler!! YESSIRREE!!! I fill that cup w ice water or coffee & go!!
I replaced the straw with 3/8 surgical grade tubing long enough to reach my face. The end stores on the little pressure release valve when not in use.

No more pricey than the cruizer caddy and a damn site more usefull!! cheers

Google "Beverage Butler"
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwrra.org
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:22 pm

I like Dan's idea best myself. Having the cupholder automagically swivel as I turn seems ideal as does having it off my handlbars (besides my iPhone 4 is mounted there for tunes and GPS). Thought I let others know that the one he suggested is out of stock and may very well have been replaced with this one which I ordered.

http://www.amazon.com/Bar-Buoy-Black-Red-Stainless-Steel/dp/B00144ER5U/ref=pd_sbs_sg_3

Also nice that it's in black and red to match my Swing.
Back to top Go down
bikerdaryl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-05-24

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:30 pm

I use a Road Runner cup holder on my Goldwing... Nice thing is that it will also mount to a Reflex and the Silverwing I own too..

You get a cup and mount that fits on with just removing the two screws on either side your handlebar.. It takes 2 minutes to install and verify.

Best part of it, is that the ring can be removed for when you do not want to have the cup holder showing and is easy to remove.

Original Price: $84.99
Sale Price: $69.99

Or you can get one of their scratch and dents for $49... I just picked one of the "scratched" and could not find any problems with the cup or mount..

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/PROD/RR-GW-SCRATCH.html

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:29 pm

Somerled wrote:
I like Dan's idea best myself.
Somerled, Laughing
I haven't seen this post in a while, and yes the one you purchased is the actual one I purchased. I just didn't think the color made a difference at the time I looked for a link. I've updated my post with the current information you provided and added a picture of my bike with the bar buoy installed.

Dan

Last edited by dspevack on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:31 pm

I'm another who uses the CamelBak. I have a 3 liter model with insulated hose. Like Dennis, I have never been comfortable with using a cup while moving.
One word of caution, don't use a carbonated beverage in the CamelBak!
On one particularly hot day, I had drained the Crystal Light Iced tea I had in the CamelBak so I stopped at a McDonalds and bought a large drink and filled the CamelBak back up. Not thinking about it I filled the CamelBakl with Diet Pepsi. At first, no problem but when I started riding the vibration caused the carbonization to pressurize the bladder. When I bit the mouth valve I had a Diet Pepsi injection system. Smile
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Buickguy wrote:
I had a Diet Pepsi injection system. Smile
rolling laughter

I have a similar story.
When I was much younger and more foolish than I am now, I bought a set
of Snow skis and poles. The poles were unusual in they were hollow and
set up to store liquid, with screw on tops. Essentially flasks.

Well one day on the top of the mountain at a lodge, I got a Jack and coke,
and put it in the poles, oblivious to the carbonation problem.
About half way down the mountain the pressure was too much.
My plastic screw on cap exploded, beaning the head of my friend 20 feet in front of me that I was skiing with.
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:51 pm

How about a Butler yoke converted to a ram mount and the Butler sip tube replaced by a Camelback Pure Flow tube with a Bite Valve for use while wearing a full face helmet.
cup holder Picture
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:58 pm

Funny....I like to pay attention to riding...worked for me over 1.5 million miles.

Bottle of water in "tank" bag or in top box works fine.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:05 pm

To each their own. I imagine there are plenty others like me who appreciate such things on rides down south where triple digit temps are the norm.
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Registration date : 2011-05-05

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:34 pm

DennisB wrote:
Do you need one? I sure like it and it's been a life saver in those hot PGR missions. cup holder Icon_sunny cup holder Icon_sunny cup holder Icon_sunny
I just place a bottle of water in the freezer the night before the mission and install it on the scooter the next morning. It stays cold for most of the day.

I agree, Dennis - you should put it in your parts list. I'll be ordering one in a month or so...

Ping me if I don't ask you first. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:16 pm

I use a military type canteen with case and mount to the back of my raised back rest. It works jus fine.
Back to top Go down
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 5:49 am

I use the Bar Buoy. Here's a tip: don't forget you've got a cup of hot coffee there when you get off the bike....
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Well the cup holder Dan suggested arrived and I'll probably install it this weekend. However I did want to give a nod to the under the seat notion provided you have some means of insulation. I bought a bag from ScooterLogic that nicely fits in the helmet recess that is fully insulated and waterproof so you could put ice in it if you wish. That was what I used just yesterday and today on a 850 mile round trip ride to Tempe, AZ. Very nice! Certainly was appreciated at rest stops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup holder   cup holder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cup holder
Page 1 of 1