Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Attaching a cup holder

Go down 
+5
janitorj1
MikeO
Sidewinder Pilot
bikerboy
dencart2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dencart2
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dencart2

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2016-05-19

Attaching a cup holder Empty
PostSubject: Attaching a cup holder   Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 11:38 am

I have a 2009 Silverwing 600 and Ram handlebar self leveling cup holder mount. Any problem using the brake reservoir mount to mount a cup holder?

If I put it in the small space between the turn switch and the handle bar cover, it will be really tight.

But the screw holes for the handle bar ball and socket mount, match up with the screws that hold the brake fluid reservoir.

Since I don't know anything at all about what I am doing, if I take the reservoir screws out, do I risk loosing any brake fluid? Or do those screws just hold the reservoir to the handlebars?

I do guess that I will need to get some longer screws by a quarter inch or so.
Back to top Go down
http://denniscarter.net/Trips
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Attaching a cup holder   Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Motorcycle Larry does a Ram mount which replaces the reservoir top cover.  It works well, I have used it (the same one !) on several different Hondas as they all use the same cover.
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Attaching a cup holder   Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 4:58 pm

Do you mean like this?.....on my shopping list too!

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Attaching a cup holder   Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 5:25 pm

I have one.
Back to top Go down
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Attaching a cup holder   Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Nothing to it. I have a RAM cell phone holder on the left brake reservoir. The instructions for the top plate say to use a bit of Loc-Tite on the threads - DO SO. I say, "Loc-Tite? Not me." So it loosened up after a few miles (100 or so). Loc-Tite fixed it. Brake reservoir top comes with several different lengths of screws, choose carefully, not too short, not too long. Works great. Mine however does not REPLACE the cover, it comes with a set of spacers that mount the plate 1/8 inch or so above the existing cover.
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Attaching a cup holder   Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 11:07 am

Just me I guess, but even with a modular helmet, I can't see how I could drink coffee while riding along at 55 or 60 mph! Maybe a soda from a cup with a straw, but I'm not sure it would be worth the distraction. I don't see the practicality or understand the use?
Back to top Go down
hankster
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Attaching a cup holder   Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 3:34 pm

Kenjj50 wrote:
Just me I guess, but even with a modular helmet, I can't see how I could drink coffee while riding along at 55 or 60 mph!  Maybe a soda from a cup with a straw, but I'm not sure it would be worth the distraction.  I don't see the practicality or understand the use?

Not everyone rides on the highway. I'm 95% town riding. In 95 degree heat is great to have a sip at the stop lights.
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Attaching a cup holder   Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 3:54 pm

I have had a cup holder on every motorcycle I have ever owned.  I like the availability of a bottle of water or a cup of coffee while riding.

I use the brake handle ram mount.   I have never used the brake fluid cover ram mount, but I would think they would be pretty reliable as well. The sheer strength of those screws seem to be sufficient. I just started using brake handle ram mounts and I take them back off when I sell a motorcycle and reuse them.

Attaching a cup holder 753-332_A

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/753-332?utm_source=none&utm_term=%5B74945877130%3Aproduct_type_l1%3D%3Dvehicles%2520%26%2520parts%26%2520product_type_l2%3D%3Dland%2520vehicles%26%2520product_type_l3%3D%3Dmot&cid=Google+SEARCH+NON-BRAND+PLA+-+Shopping+Campaign&adpos=1o1&creative=42040054450&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CKyLteTpr80CFQdbfgodqWIPVA

And a swivel mount coffee cup holder.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Attaching a cup holder   Attaching a cup holder I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Another cup holder option is shown on the top right in this picture from my album:

Attaching a cup holder Collag11

I used a barBuoy.
It has the added benefits of thermal properties and it won't swing around with your handlebars
For larger drinks you can remove the soft insert and toss under seat.

Attaching a cup holder 105533_ts
Back to top Go down

Attaching a cup holder
Page 1 of 1