Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Last Ride Of The Season?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Last Ride Of The Season? Empty
PostSubject: Last Ride Of The Season?   Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2023 6:44 pm

I think I might have gotten my last ride in for the season today. It was in the mid 50s so I didn't go all that far but I did go for a ride. I don't have any heated clothes and the older I get the warmer it's got to be for me. I put on my insulated leather riding jacket and gloves and took off. The helmet kept my ears warm enough and the wind screen kept most of the direct wind off me. It was chilly but fun. Now to wait for the 3 weeks of warm weather we get here in Minnesota next year. I'm just kidding. We get at least 4 1/2 to 5 weeks of warm weather up here. LOL
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Last Ride Of The Season?   Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 6:39 am

Congratulations on your ride! My Forza has been in mothballs since late September and will remain there until May of next year! However, my Silverwing is in Arizona so I ride it most days now. In fact I took a ride Saturday and last Wednesday a friend and I took a nearly hundred mile ride. Guess you can keep Minnesota, Dale!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Last Ride Of The Season?   Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 3:11 pm

Savour the ride until the spring. I too feel the chill more these days but I'm determined to keep riding year-round, even if it's a 'spin around the block'. It's mainly to keep the machinery active.

Don't forget to sit in the saddle from time to time, making Bruuum...Bruuum noises whilst waiting for your next ride.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Last Ride Of The Season?   Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 10:11 pm

I don't like riding in the snow and ice so I will have to make Bruuum...Bruuum noises until it does warm up next year.. But, I do open the garage door a bit and start it up once in a while just for the heck of it.

And yes Glenn I guess I'll have to keep Minnesota. The state is nice but our government sucks. Oh Well. Such is life I guess.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Last Ride Of The Season?   Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2023 9:12 pm

Minnesota yeah, I can understand all that cold winters and all the salt and sinters.  I'm pretty much done also but sometimes get a warmer day 60F in Winter and will go for a 2-3 hour ride but a rare day.  Eastern PA. a much milder climate and you never know I've went for a few January 1st rides.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4177
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Last Ride Of The Season?   Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2023 1:46 am

We came flew yesterday from the sunshine and heat of Fort Lauderdale to the typical damp and cold of 9°C/48°F November weather. I changed out of my shorts as soon as I got my suitcase back, only our postmen and the fat blokes that can't wear proper pants will be wearing shorts from now on.

I'll wait for the dry clear day before I venture out on the Forza, preferably a weekday because the packs of loud exhaust bell ends are still out on weekends, and cleaning off road crap after a ride on short winter days is a chore I like less with each passing year.

The peaked helmet and winter riding gear is ready for whenever I get the urge. Currently my priority urge is to shed the excess weight I gained over the last three and a half weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Ride Of The Season?   Last Ride Of The Season? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Ride Of The Season?
Page 1 of 1