Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

My First Ride of the Season

Go down 
+9
Cosmic_Jumper
cliffyk
cotetoi
terrier
Old Limey
Mike from NS
The Bern
Pastor Ron
Dale N.
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

My First Ride of the Season Empty
PostSubject: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 5:10 pm

It was 45 degrees here today and I couldn't resist at least a short ride around town. These two photos I took in our Walmart parking lot then took the highway home. She sure handles a lot different. I'll still have to practice more on cornering so that I get a bit more comfortable with it. On the straight streets it handled great. Braking was a cinch also. It still feels like she's got some get up and go even with the trike kit although probably not as much as before but it still doesn't take it long to get to 60 mph.
Now to wipe it off a bit so the salt doesn't get to her. And then comes the antsy wait for real decent weather...

My First Ride of the Season Ride_110

My First Ride of the Season Ride210
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 6:00 pm

I was smiling from ear to ear when I read your post....I too took mine out today, although it was 67 degrees today and suppose to be in the mid 70's tomorrow. I think we wjill take a nice long ride to South Carolina and have dinner. Although it is not full riding season ( for me) yet...I will enjoy the opportunity. Again, congrats on the new Trike.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Looking good bud, not as much extra length as I thought there would be :Happy Holiday:
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 6:17 pm

And I was constantly thinking about the width also.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 6:54 pm

Confidence will come with practice
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 8:54 pm

That's sharp looking Dale. Bet there were some heads turned. But 45° is cool for a ride. I need at least 50° and the way our weather has been that could be almost any day soon. Not a winter for the skier here this year at all. We are on the wrong side of the Jet Stream this winter. I'm envious seeing all the snow in your picture. We could rake the lawns ! Jay may have some snow in NB but we have seen very little --- mostly rain and more rain.
Mike
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Thanks Pastor Ron, I only rode it for maybe 5-6 miles total around town just to get the feel of it. After the cold weather we've had here lately 45 felt real good.

The Bern, I've seen pictures of the finished product before so I sort of knew what it would look like so the length wasn't any surprise. I really don't think it's all that much longer except maybe a few inches but not a foot. And Yes. Confidence will come with experience.

Mike, it did turn some heads but I kind of think they were looking at me like I was nuts for being out riding. We haven't gotten much snow down here this winter either, which doesn't bother me a bit. I've only had to use the snowblower 3 times and that doesn't bother me either... Now they are talking back to the colder weather and some more snow so today was a good day to ride if only a few miles.

Update at 10:20 PM Central Time 2/14/18: Just out of curiosity I just went into the garage and measured the extra length. I measured from the original fender to the new fenders and it looks like it is one foot longer.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 1:48 pm

I am curious Dale , how does  the drive get to the back wheels. is it a differential system, as was used in rear wheel drive cars?.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 2:31 pm

A drive chain comes off the right side of the rear axle to the trike kit. It looks like a pretty hefty drive chain so hopefully I won't have any problems with it.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Dale N. wrote:
And I was constantly thinking about the width also.

No more filtering for you Dale   Wink Wink

Den
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 2:51 pm

My personal best for first ride in the Spring was a few years back. March 12, which also happens to be the Independence Day for Mauritius, my country of origin. In 2010, I was scheduled to take my test in the last week of March !!, but a snowstorm pushed the date to April 1.
We still got snow as Mike points out. None of my group are too anxious to get going yet. I guess they are waiting for the maple syrup season to get going first. Or a shot of WD 40 to loosen them joints. I heard of a local rider who prefers British bikes out and about on his BSA and Norton bikes.
I am chomping at the handlebars: I peeked in to see my honey this morning, and gave her heads-up that the mothballs will be coming off pretty soon.
Nice job, Dale on your conversion. Just wondering: Do you have reverse? I am thinking of ease of parking, etc.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 5:21 pm

No "season" here, 75 ° here and I rode "to town" and back -24 miles RT-- we live out by the beach, just a bit North of the middle of nowhere...
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 5:29 pm

It does have a reverse Jay. Left foot push, Right foot push. Repeat. Sorry, I couldn't help it. I will have to make sure that I don't park it facing downhill tho.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 6:19 pm

cliffyk wrote:
No "season" here, 75 ° here and I rode "to town" and back -24 miles RT-- we live out by the beach, just a bit North of the middle of nowhere...

Rub It In Cliffyk, Rub It In... bounce
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Dale, if the heads turned because they were thinking you were nuts ... that's only because they don't know what they are missing with not being into scooters or motorcycles.

I have used my snow blower only once and that was just to clear the slush the plow left across the driveway.  Jay and I share the same weather girl.  (Get ye minds outta the gutter guys.)  The same evening news and weather covers NB and NS as well as PEI.  I'm a bit disappointed in Alyse, Jay.  She is sending you all the snow.  I had hoped she would bring us some snow here.  The only one with skiing interests in that crew is Heather.  Almost a ride worthy day here today.  Next Thursday may be one as the temperature is expected to reach 10°C.  But so much salt on the roads .....

Send that snow my way Dale, if you don't want it.  Only about 6 weeks (+/-) until they close the ski hills and due to the poor winter I've only been out 8 times.  By the middle of Feb, fifteen or more outings would be typical.  Terrible winter weather for 2018!
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Dale N. wrote:
cliffyk wrote:

Rub It In Cliffyk, Rub It In... bounce

I apologise--I gave up "shoveling and scraping" 26 years ago, moving from New England to NE Florida--the summer heat is a beast, but if that is the price I must pay then so be it...
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Ok guys, this winter was only good for bears. They sleep thru anything until the temp go above 10C. It's been a rollercoaster here, as Mike knows all too well. I like ice fishing in winter, but this year I don't trust the ice at all. If the night temps don't stay below 7 or 8 below the ice deteriorates below the surface. First thing you know you're going for a swim, and it could be your last.
However, I'd still take this over the Florida mosquitoes and other assorted critters in warmer climes: cliffyk excluded, of course. The way I see it, I can always dress for warmth, but aside from buck naked how much dressing down can you do, and still ride ???
Jay.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 7:45 pm

Dale, I forgot about the left and right foot reverse !!! Must be a feature added as per owner's request.
Jay. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 10:22 pm

cotetoi wrote:
Dale, I forgot about the left and right foot reverse !!! Must be a feature added as per owner's request.
Jay.  Smile

Yes this feature is an added request. I specifically told them to add it to the trike. It seems they did a good job...
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Dale N. wrote:
It does have a reverse Jay. Left foot push, Right foot push. Repeat. Sorry, I couldn't help it. I will have to make sure that I don't park it facing downhill tho.

And you can always get off and push it back without worrying the scoot will topple over.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 11:58 pm

That's a good point Tim but then I'd have to do some work and I'm allergic to work...
Back to top Go down
Ddietz12
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ddietz12

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-04-04

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 11:02 am

The trike kit looks great! I’m not too familiar with all the accessories. What are those covers on the little compartments on your dash? And I’m the same as Cliff, live in NE Florida so it’s pretty much always riding season here!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/OOTWcreations?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 11:54 am

A trip to Florida has always been on my bucket list. That is .. a trip to see a space shuttle launch. Missed that !! Always wanted to get there for the sights, sounds and feelings of one of those. Hope you Florida people had a good look at the Falcon Heavy launch and boosted landing. That would have been amazing to witness that in person. Some friends from here are in Florida for "winter" and one sent pictures of the launch and landings. Really cool stuff!
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Talking of seasons, I got home yesterday from my first ride in the sun for over a month and, I was dry!. I have had to clean my front brake caliper every two weeks because of the road salt and sand put down for the bad weather, although cold and mostly wet it does not stop me getting out every couple of days. It is getting better, weather wise, but in the UK we expect to get wet even in our so called summer.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Ddietz12 wrote:
The trike kit looks great! I’m not too familiar with all the accessories. What are those covers on the little compartments on your dash? And I’m the same as Cliff, live in NE Florida so it’s pretty much always riding season here!

If you're talking about the ones on the right and left they are "glove compartments". The left one locks and the right one does not. The one in the middle that looks like a compartment isn't a compartment. It just looks like it.
Back to top Go down
Ddietz12
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ddietz12

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-04-04

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 4:31 pm

Dale N. wrote:

If you're talking about the ones on the right and left they are "glove compartments". The left one locks and the right one does not. The one in the middle that looks like a compartment isn't a compartment. It just looks like it.

Yes I was talking about those compartments. The covers are completely different than stock and I was trying to figure out what they were
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/OOTWcreations?ref=hdr_shop_menu
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Ddietz12 wrote:
Dale N. wrote:

Yes I was talking about those compartments. The covers are completely different than stock and I was trying to figure out what they were

You must have the older model with the flush covers bud
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Dale, your trike is looking great. Glad your enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 10:06 pm

CathyN wrote:
Dale,  your trike is looking great.  Glad your enjoying it.

Thanks CathyN. I've only ridden it about 5-6 miles in town so far but can't wait for warm weather to really go for a ride.
Back to top Go down
ItBeMe
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2017-09-29

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 am

Looks good Dale. I just got back from Florida yesterday and by the looks of today I will have my trike out today. And I have been riding the trike long enough to know to park without using my 2 legged reverse. chickendance
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 10:41 am

ItBeMe wrote:
Looks good Dale. I just got back from Florida yesterday and by the looks of today I will have my trike out today. And I have been riding the trike long enough to know to park without using my 2 legged reverse. chickendance  

I will probably learn that too after the first couple of parkings from Hell.
Back to top Go down
Tn Traveler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-06-17

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Too pretty & warm in East Tn. to leave the swing locked in the
garage. Gave the battery a fast charge, geared up and hit the
highway for about 50 minutes. Man did the swing run good.
Got back & watched the Daytona 500-Dale sr, jr. and now
Austin Dillon grandson. ABSOLUTLY a great day.
EDIT--Learned today Dillon is the team owner's grandson
not Dale's grandson.(my age I guess)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Ride of the Season   My First Ride of the Season I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First Ride of the Season
Page 1 of 1