Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing

Go down 
+29
cello33
Kunamika Hopper
dickie
1Wingman1
Dale N.
Gustafa
Kneedtospeed
john grinsel
DickO
MikeO
winged warrior
JeffR
Johnbil09
Loosemarbles
zrx212
JohnyC
sonuvabug
GHM-PM
Mike from NS
stbne
gustav
Meldrew
steve_h80
Terry Smith
Erdoc48
Salth2ofish
Delray
MUCHoldERwingguy
CathyN
33 posters
AuthorMessage
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing Empty
PostSubject: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 5:35 pm

Hello Members,

I was contacted today by Tim Cotter’s (Cosmic Jumper) wife. She sadly informed me of his passing this past Saturday. From what she told me, he was having lunch with Hammy from this forum I believe.
They were eating when he collapsed. 911 was called he was brought to the hospital. He apparently had a massive stroke. He entered hospice last Friday and passed on Saturday.

She saw my phone number and called to let me know. She is devastated. I spoke to Tim a few weeks ago all was good with him.
She wanted me to let the forum members know of his passing. She is not tech savvy she told me. So here I am passing on the sad news. Please keep Tim and his family in your prayers. Ride safe.

CathyN

Back to top Go down
MUCHoldERwingguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2022-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 6:51 pm

How very sad, my condolences and prayers.
Back to top Go down
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2018-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 8:54 pm

Big loss for this community. Tim's probing questions and helpful counsel were invaluable to hundreds of Wing owners over the years.

When I bought my sixth Wing last month, it came with several high-performance extras I didn't need, so I put them up for sale on this forum. He wanted a Malossi Clutch Torque Spring for $20. I insisted on sending it to him for free, including postage, as a small thanks for all the help he gave to others. He was touched. Glad I did it.

Tim was a big fan of Japanese haiku, and would occasionally ask me to write one on some subject. I was always happy to comply. This one's for you, Tim.

Cosmic spirit soars
Floating on eternal Wings
His presence blessed us

Last edited by Delray on Wed May 10, 2023 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salth2ofish
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2021-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 8:55 pm

oh my! i am so sorry , and am sending prayers out to his family and all that knew him - for them to find peace in this trying time of loss.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 9:03 pm

Wow, I am so sorry to read this. I like many here wish condolences to his wife and family.
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 12:46 am

Thanks for sharing this sad news Cathy. I will miss Tim's helpful posts here. I send condolences to his family and friends.

Nice haiku, Delray.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 2:26 am

Sad news.

Last edited by steve_h80 on Thu May 11, 2023 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 6:53 am

So sad to hear of Tim's passing, my sincerest condolences to his wife and family.
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2019-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 6:57 am

Rest in Peace Tim
Back to top Go down
stbne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
stbne

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2022-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 8:11 am

God Speed Tim..Thankyou for this forum...prayers to all that knew him and his family too...
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 8:15 am

Yes, this is extremely sad news and as much as it is such for his wife and family it is devastating for this forum community. Tim was a main player here and always helpful and quick to offer his knowledge ...which was vast. Tim will be hugely missed here. Prayers for Tim and for his wife as well as sympathies on this tragic news to her and family.

Thanks for sharing the news Cathy. News, certainly not expected.

Rest in peace, Tim !

Mike
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 8:19 am

I am so sorry to hear of Tim's passing. He was so knowledgeable and taught me a lot on this forum.

Speaking as an Admin (he was our leader) we will discuss this and see where this takes us in future.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Our Maxi-Scooter Community Loses a True Ambassador   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 9:07 am

Thank you for letting this group know CathyN.  Very sad news indeed.

I will miss Tim not only for his knowledge, sharing nature and diplomacy, but mainly for the good person he was and the positive impact his friendship had on me. Below is his official obituary.

https://www.ruffenachfuneralhome.com/obituary/Timothy-Cotter#tributewall
Back to top Go down
MUCHoldERwingguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2022-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 9:57 am

GHM-PM wrote:
I am so sorry to hear of Tim's passing. He was so knowledgeable and taught me a lot on this forum.

Speaking as an Admin (he was our leader) we will discuss this and see where this takes us in future.

Please, go forward in his memory.
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2022-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 11:01 am

Sorry I am at a loss for words except to say...
Raise your glass in honour of TIM "The Perfect Innkeeper"
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 11:11 am

Very sad news Sad , Prayers sent, RIP
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 11:36 am

No words yet. I need a moment to take this terribly sad news in. RIP Tim.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 12:54 pm

JohnyC wrote:
Sorry I am at a loss for words except to say...
Raise your glass in honour of TIM "The Perfect Innkeeper"

Completely agree…very tough to hear this (and he was 80 years young, which is actually comparatively young these days!).
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 4:53 pm

Very sad news😔
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 5:28 pm

Cathy,

Thank you for passing on this news. Please tell Tim's wife I am so sorry for her loss. Tim was a great guy and I wish I could've met him. I made him the co owner of this site because he was such a nice person. We chatted alot via email.

He will be dearly missed by all that knew him.

God bless,

JeffR
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
winged warrior
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
winged warrior

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2016-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 2:46 am

Thank you for your sensible and thoughtful suggestions, humor. You will truly be missed Tim.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 4:44 am

Please add my condolences and prayers to those of everyone else.
Tim has been a good friend to me behind the scenes; his kindness, mild manner and approach to everything has taught me a great deal.
I am a believer in lighting candles for people (it focusses my mind), in particular those who are ill or under stress; for some time now Tim's been on my list - many members on here will know into which category he fell - and he will remain on my list albeit in a different category.
Rest In Peace you lovely man.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 12:03 pm

Condolences to Tim's family... what a shocking notification... Tim was such a great guy and a major stabilizing factor on this site... he is certainly going to be missed by all those who knew him.
Rest in Peace, Tim.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 12:15 pm

sad
Back to top Go down
Kneedtospeed
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2022-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2023 6:40 pm

Sorry to hear.
Prayers for Tim, Family, and friends .
RIP, on your New Wings 😇🙏
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2023 9:38 pm

Havent logged in a hot minute and I wondered if his photo being the site photo was not a good sign. He was always so helpful over the years.

All my condolences to his family and wife. Godspeed.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2023 9:52 pm

This is so sad! Tim helped me many times when I got onto this forum.

Condolences and Prayers to his family, friends and all who loved him.

This is so sad!!
Back to top Go down
1Wingman1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2023 9:24 am

Tim was friendly, knowledgeable, always willing to help, and able to crack down when needed.  He left big shoes for others to fill.

I once joked that I wanted to exchange my points for some Green Stamps and Tim changed my avatar to Green Stamps.  He admitted that he did not know what the points were all about.  I appreciated his sense of humor and attempt in a small way to honor him.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2023 3:49 pm

Just read this sad news. Prayers are with his family.... He will be missed..
Dickie
Back to top Go down
Kunamika Hopper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Kunamika Hopper

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2020-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2023 8:11 am

My heart goes out to Tim's family, and all here who knew him.
While I never spoke to Tim much, when help was needed, he was always first on the scene. Such a wealth of information, charm, and humor.
Back to top Go down
cello33
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2018-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 5:18 pm

What can I say, I have not been on the forum for a few weeks and today I learned the sad sad news about our good friend Tim aka Cosmic Jumper!

I would like to echo the sentiments expressed so far and say he will be sorely missed by us all for his wisdom , wit and presence.

I trust the forum can live on in his memory , RiP Tim we will all miss you......
Back to top Go down
smellybeard
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2020-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2023 6:24 am

Sad news.
Glad to have been able to exchange words with him here.
Unfortunately, it's the way of the world that the more interesting people are, the less time we seem to have them around.
Back to top Go down
nooner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2023 8:59 pm

My condolences to Tim's wife and family. His knowledge was impressive and I especially liked how he freely shared sage advice, with such consideration.

Oh, how we are going to miss him around here.

Goodbye and Godspeed, Cosmic Jumper.

Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2020-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 10:48 am

My deepest condolences to Tim's wife and family.
He will truly be missed with his family and with us
R.I.P
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2015-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 1:38 pm

Thank you Cathy for letting us swingers know about Tim's passing. I'm in disbelief upon hearing this. My condolences to his family and friends. Sad sad sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing   Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad News Cosmic Jumper’s passing
Page 1 of 1