Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello From Southern Maryland

Go down 
+3
"Hi Yo"
Cosmic_Jumper
Coolbreeze1234
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Coolbreeze1234
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-02-14

Hello From Southern Maryland Empty
PostSubject: Hello From Southern Maryland   Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 8:40 am

Hi all.  I am new to the site.  I've surfed by a few times and found this site to be really informative.  Many thanks.  I just purchased a 2010 Silverwing (Jan2015).   It has 5,000 miles on it and looks to be in top shape.  It went through inspection without a hitch.  I've owned a HD (Fatboy) in previous years, and stumbled into the scoot world a couple of years ago when I bought a Burgman 650 on an impulse.  I liked it a lot, but always thought it was a bit bulky for in town riding.  Then I discovered the SW.  Its just what I was looking for and fits my riding style perfect.  Being a Honda (car fan) I look forward to future enjoyable trouble free miles ahead.  (hopefully).  

I am interested to know if there are any riding groups in MD, Va, or the general area I can hook up with for some short day trips.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks again to all who run and make this site possible. Coolbreeze1234
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Southern Maryland   Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 9:43 am

Welcome to the asylum. Congratulations on your new SW.

Tim
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello From Southern Maryland 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Southern Maryland   Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 10:16 am

welcome welcome I would think there would be a number of riding groups in your area. I used Yahoo to look for groups in my area, and found it helpful. It's a matter of finding those who fit your style, and only you can determine that. small moped small moped
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Southern Maryland   Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 11:15 am

Welcome Coolbreeze. This is a great site. And you don't just have to look for scooter groups to ride with either. The SWing will keep up with most of them and will do Interstate speeds without breathing too hard.

I searched and found a couple of groups here in MN. One is CMMRG.org (Central MN Motorcycle Rider's Group) which is just a bunch of riders with various bikes who like to get out and ride.

The other group is Dry Riders MC. Their premise is NO drinking 24 hours before a ride or while on a ride. This suits me just fine seeing as I learned my lesson way back when when I was young and foolish. Now I don't even look at a can of Beer while either driving or riding my 08 SWing.

This is a great site with lots of info and very helpful members.
Back to top Go down
Coolbreeze1234
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-02-14

PostSubject: Reply to Dale N., "Hi Yo", Cosmic Jumper   Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Dale, Hi Yo, Cosmic;  many thanks for the warm welcome.  Great idea;  I didn't think about riding with other groups.  I'll check out some local sites.  P.S. your point about drinking and driving;  well said.  I am 63 yrs old.  In my "foolish youth" I may have done that a few times, but was lucky, and smart enough, not to mix those two together many moons ago.  lol.  Thanks again.  

Hi Yo;  thanks for the suggestion on checking out groups on Yahoo.  I'll do that.  

Cosmic;  thanks for the congrats on my new toy.  The scoot was garage kept, never dropped, and doesn't have scratch on it anywhere. Found it on craigs list.  I paid 4600.00 for the scoot, 50 bucks for the inspection, plus taxes and tag, etc.  Ready to roll this spring.  I do plan on changing the oil before hand though just for piece of mind.

Thanks again all.  Coolbreeze
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Southern Maryland   Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 6:23 pm

welcome
Coolbreeze welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. And I think you've chosen one of the best scooters one can find. You should get many miles and smiles out of your "new" to you scooter.  Here's a link to help you find a group to ride with.
The next paragraph has become some standard advice I've been posting for new members, I hope it'll be of some help to you.  
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Southern Maryland   Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 10:02 pm

coolbreeze,

Welcome and congrats on your new SWing. It is a really nice bike and will take you anywhere you want to go in comfort.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
katschamne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Southern Maryland   Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 3:15 pm

Congrats on your Swing. I have also just purchased a 2009 swing. Last year I rode a couple of times with my husband's motorcycle club. At the time I had a Honda PCX and I was able to keep up just not play catch up if we were separated. There was a swing in y he group and he did just fine with all the cruisers. They are a great bunch of people. They have a ride almost every Sunday when the weather gets better and they ride to places to eat not to drink. Not trip is ever complete without ice cream.

Welcome to the group too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Southern Maryland   Hello From Southern Maryland I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello From Southern Maryland
Page 1 of 1