Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just gotta Swing!

Go down 
+4
Delray
Erdoc48
Loosemarbles
ceeb
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ceeb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2023-03-25

Just gotta Swing! Empty
PostSubject: Just gotta Swing!   Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 2:48 pm

Hi,

Ceeb here from Leicester, UK.

I recently purchased a 2010 Silver Wing 600 ABS and I've already put a few city and dual-carriageway miles on it.

I'm getting used to the weight of the scoot compared to my Aprilia Leonardo 300 and trying to find the best way for me to get the beast on its centre stand with minimal effort. I've read a few of the posts on this subject and I'll try a selection of methods.

I'm looking forward to reading more tips and tricks, so keep them coming!

Wink

Last edited by ceeb on Wed May 03, 2023 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Just gotta Swing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just gotta Swing!   Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 3:33 pm

Welcome Seeb. It's simply a question of balance...easily said.

Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2022-05-31

Just gotta Swing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just gotta Swing!   Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 6:33 pm

Check here (I made this thread -Owners.com):
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/making-things-easier-to-hoist-the-st1100.183326/

I made a small ramp so when you’re ready to use the center stand, the rear wheel needs to get elevated slightly maybe ~ 3/4” and then putting the scoot on the stand is very easy. I have made the ramp for the ST’s since they’re heavier, but I have used it for the SWing as well and it works effortlessly. A simpler solution is just roll it up on a piece of plywood, maybe about the same 3/4” thickness, put the side stand down and when you’re ready for the center stand, it will go up really easily the same way.
Back to top Go down
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2018-07-07

Just gotta Swing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just gotta Swing!   Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 7:56 pm

I use a 2-inch tall paving stone at home. This one was $1.78 at Home Depot. The stone puts the bike on the side stand at an 80ish-degree angle. The bike is solidly planted and won't tip the other way if bumped. And I don't have to deal with the center stand. After a week of pulling up to the stone, you'd be amazed how proficient you become at positioning the side stand so it drops right on the center of it.

When I'm out riding and park the bike, I deal with the normal (excessive) lean or put it up on the center stand. Not going to carry the stone around. It's heavy.

Just gotta Swing! Img_7812
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

Just gotta Swing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just gotta Swing!   Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 8:24 pm

ceeb wrote:
Hi,

Ceeb here from Leicester, UK.

I recently purchased a 2010 Silver Wing 600 ABS and I've already put a few city and dual-carriageway miles on it.

I'm getting used to the weight of the scoot compared to my Aprilia Leonardo 300 and trying to find the best way for me to get the beast on its centre stand with minimal effort. I've read a few of the posts on this subject and I'll try a selection of methods.

I'm looking forward to reading more tips and tricks, so keep them coming!

Wink
I kinda think it goes up easy I noticed if you push down with your right leg really hard on the peg and your left hand on the left handgrip and the right hand lifting on the passengers left hand grip it pops right up on the center stand,out of my both hands and my right foot I use my foot more to lift it up,give it a try……
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2016-05-15

Just gotta Swing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just gotta Swing!   Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2023 3:04 am

Welcome from another UK resident.
I find it quite easy to get the bike onto it's centre stand, this old be because the Hagon shocks raise the rear slightly. Or it could be the pies giving me a title more leverage. 🙂
Back to top Go down
ceeb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2023-03-25

Just gotta Swing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just gotta Swing!   Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2023 1:22 pm

Thanks for the above messages.

I think the key is to take it by surprise, not over-think it and definitely not let the bike know you're afraid!

Thanks for the centre stand support...

See what I did there?

I'll get my coat... Cool
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Just gotta Swing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just gotta Swing!   Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2023 12:06 pm

Hi Ceeb and Welcome to the BEST SWing forum on the net.

Before I triked out my SWing I used to step on the center stand and push down on the SWing then pull it up hard at the same time I stepped on the center stand as I pulled up on the passenger handle. It seemed to work pretty well.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Just gotta Swing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just gotta Swing!   Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2023 1:19 pm

Isn't the most sensible and logical thing to do if you can't confidently haul a Silver Wing on and off it's centre stand, or put your feet down comfortably, don’t buy it and choose something else.

It's obvious to me you've made that mistake when you join this forum and the first posts are asking for advice.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Just gotta Swing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just gotta Swing!   Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2023 3:56 pm

You could try some practice, with somebody else to help in case of mishap. The key is to find the balance between pulling and pushing. IMO putting more body weight onto the stand is more important than trying to pull on the sissy-bar. Putting my SW on its centre stand gives me odd sensations in muscles I didn't know I had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just gotta Swing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just gotta Swing!   Just gotta Swing! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just gotta Swing!
Page 1 of 1