Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Replacing Panels/fairings

Go down 
+2
Dutch SilverWing
Eric Walker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric Walker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2021-05-06

Replacing Panels/fairings Empty
PostSubject: Replacing Panels/fairings   Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 11:49 am

2012 - 10,000 miles

Accident right side - right box panel xxld, rear side body cover and exaust cover scratch, inner cover/floor upper xxld (where the boxes go), floor step xxld, front cover not bad. Insurance assessor write-off labor and cost of parts. BOOM. It doesn't look that bad.

Availability of panels? Comments please.
Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2020-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Panels/fairings   Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2023 3:08 am

Hello Eric,I don't know where you're from but there are several ways to get spare parts in Europe.
I'm from the Netherlands.
Let me know if I can help you.
Greetings from the Netherlands
Erik
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Panels/fairings   Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2023 8:47 am

Here are two sources for “discount” original Honda parts for your scooter. Then of course there’s also your local Honda shop —who’d greatly appreciate your patronage.

Also, and don’t take this as a personal criticism, you might want to look at those parts pages to familiarize yourself with Honda/Silverwing terminology. That way we’ll know what you are referring to. “Boxes” is kinda vague.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/scooter/2012/fsc600a-ac-silver-wing-abs

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/l/hon/50540757f870021c54becd31/2012-fsc600a-ac-parts
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Panels/fairings   Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2023 11:00 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
... snipped ... Also, and don’t take this as a personal criticism, you might want to look at those parts pages to familiarize yourself with Honda/Silverwing terminology. That way we’ll know what you are referring to. “Boxes” is kinda vague.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/scooter/2012/fsc600a-ac-silver-wing-abs

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/l/hon/50540757f870021c54becd31/2012-fsc600a-ac-parts

If you plan to replace the panels yourself, you could dismantle the damaged ones, find the Honda product number (located on each panel) for each one and then cross reference them on-line to call them by their proper name. Even Honda's name for some of them don't make a whole lot of logical sense.

Also, I've used bikestrippers.com out of Florida before with success. And eBay can be your friend but it can also be hit and miss.

Lastly, I have a number of good used panels I am willing to sell. Maybe I have some of what you need? The problem is the cost of shipping from Canada to the USA is high.

However, I will be heading down to the WV USA in a couple of months and shipping within the US is definitely cheaper.

Back to top Go down
BIGINZ
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2023-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Panels/fairings   Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 11:51 am

Any ideas on where I can find a shorty wind screen? I like the wind directly in my face but off my chest if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Panels/fairings   Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 12:01 pm

BIGINZ wrote:
Any ideas on where I can find a shorty wind screen?  I like the wind directly in my face but off my chest if that makes any sense.  

You can cut down your OEM one to your preferred height.

Biginz, please go to the "Introductions" forum and well ... introduce yourself.

Tell us a little bit about yourself, your riding experience, what brought you to ride a Silver Wing etc.
Back to top Go down
BIGINZ
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2023-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Panels/fairings   Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 1:05 pm

Thanks for the reply and my apologies I thought I had posted an introduction. Is there a process I messed up in my intro? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Murf
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Murf

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Panels/fairings   Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 12:16 am

Partzilla works for panels, remember when buying new panels and old panels of different color take all the panels to bike paint show and they can do any color.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Panels/fairings   Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2023 10:07 am

Murf wrote:
Partzilla works for panels, remember when buying new panels and old panels of different color take all the panels to bike paint show and they can do any color.  

Well maybe Murf. Some of the three stagers (i.e. specifically R114CU - Candy Wineberry - 2009) cannot be read by the color scan/matching technology. At least 2 of our local custom automotive paint matching shops tried and couldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Panels/fairings   Replacing Panels/fairings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacing Panels/fairings
Page 1 of 1