Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Rear brake light switch.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

starter switch - Rear brake light switch. Empty
PostSubject: Rear brake light switch.   starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 5:45 pm

Well, I was checking out the SWing and found the rear brake light switch didn't work. Using the front lever, brake lights fine but with the rear one no way! Took off the plastic and hit it with lubes but still no way. Easy to replace but figured I would have trouble finding the switch. After all the last new Wing was 2013.

Had quite a search but found one and ordered it and it should be here within the week. Will take about 5 minutes to install the new one.

Just glad it wasn't the start switch.

Here is the link in case anyone needs it in the near future:

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/35340-KFG-003
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake light switch.   starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 4:04 am

My start switch gave up last year. It did get me home and a good clean fixed it but it did get me thinking what if it had stranded me so I did a bit of investigating.
Option 1 would be to switch the cables to the rear brake light switch. This would mean relying on the front brake to activate the brake light but as I use both for stopping that wouldn't be an issue.
Option 2 would be to short out the cables with a bit of wire, you only need to short till the engine starts.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake light switch.   starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 7:05 am

steve_h80 wrote:

Option 2 would be to short out the cables with a bit of wire, you only need to short till the engine starts.

I have given some thought to making a jumper and carrying it just in case...
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake light switch.   starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 7:26 am

IIRC that left side (rear) Brake / Start switch is the same part # as used on the NSS250 Reflex, PS250 Big Ruckus, and our (North American) NSS300 Forza. 

Once Upon a Time…

After discovering that I had no brake lights I found that both brake light switches had failed —though presumably not at the same time. I soon came to the frightful realization that, not only was there no rear lights, but that I was also a hair’s breath away from being unable to Start my Silverwing. Fortunately I discovered that the front (right) switch had a loose wire connection. So the “No Brake Lights” problem was partially resolved. It seems that when someone reconnected those switch wires, instead of on the terminal it was only pushed between the wire terminal insulator and the switch male terminal. Eventually it dislodged, and with the left side switch having actually failed, left me without brake lights. A new Brake/Start switch for the left side was put on order and in the interim I made up a jumper wire for the Start terminals of that left side switch. The Start switch terminals are the larger of the two sets of terminals on that tiny switch.

And they lived happily ever after…

PS: Since then I’ve kept a spare Brake/Start switch in the bike. Just in case.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake light switch.   starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 4:03 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
IIRC that left side (rear) Brake / Start switch is the same part # as used on the NSS250 Reflex, PS250 Big Ruckus, and our (North American) NSS300 Forza. 
The Start switch terminals are the larger of the two sets of terminals on that tiny switch.

After testing my switch the SMALL terminals are the start switch and the LARGE ones are for the brake light.

Back to top Go down
Toolman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2016-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake light switch.   starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 7:33 pm

My front brake light switch quit working so I ordered a new one and discovered now the front switch was illuminating the taillights much brighter than the rear switch. So I replaced the rear switch and now both are the same and much brighter than before.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake light switch.   starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2022 5:53 pm

I received the new switch today, installed and works fine. I decided to keep the old switch for emergencies since the start portion still worked and it is not a big deal to change it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear brake light switch.   starter switch - Rear brake light switch. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear brake light switch.
Page 1 of 1