Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

front brake light switch

Go down 
+3
Dave Weller
janitorj1
phils a winger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
phils a winger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
phils a winger

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2014-09-27

front brake light switch Empty
PostSubject: front brake light switch   front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 3:58 pm

Been looking at written off Silverwing 600's, mainly for spares, calipers, engine, electrics etc. One thing that I've noticed is the majority of written off wings have been rear ended and the side damage looks like it happened as a result of the rear ending.

Now your all wondering why is this a post, well in the three years I've owned my wing I've had to replace the front brake light switch either for the mot or before the mot. First year I didnt even know it wasnt working ! last year I noticed it before the test and this year same again. What I'm thinking is, the written off bikes that have rear end damage, had the switch failed on these bikes and the rider was using the front brake to knock off speed ?

I know its linked brakes, but for any biker who rode before linked brakes, the front is usually the one you grab first and then the back pedal.

So the moral of the story is, check your front brake switch, their only £3 off fleebay and are simple to change. Worth doing if your attached to your wing and want to hang onto it.
Back to top Go down
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: front brake light switch   front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 10:36 am

Absolutely interesting...

My front brake light switch hasn't worked in over a year. Your argument has motivated me to go to Partzilla and get one coming. A compelling argument.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: front brake light switch   front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Both switches where not working on my Scoot. It had been laid up for a while and I did not spot it. It was pointed and to me after a friend was following me on a long trip. The RHS one is cheap but the left one is much more as it is a double one.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: front brake light switch   front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 4:44 pm

I have two regular checks on any bike, brake light and tyre pressures. OK three if you include the fuel gauge.
But perhaps the rear enders are due to insufficient velocity? For your own safety go faster!
You know it makes sense :-)
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: front brake light switch   front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 5:45 pm

Nothing wrong with carrying spare brake switches. It's not as if they take up any room.

When I'm travelling I also carry along a set of spare front wheel bearing. With the thought that practically any service facility could replace them --as long as they had the bearings on-hand to replace.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: front brake light switch   front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 2:24 pm

MMMMM....you've got me thinking. I'm going to check mine tomorrow. Had the SW for four years and never gave it a thought.....why not? I only got onto this thread because I'm planning on replacing my front reservoir/lever assembly...it's a bit manky. That's what I love about this forum. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: front brake light switch   front brake light switch I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 9:26 am

I usually check the left one mainly to see that the Givi Monokey trunk lights come on. I guess I'll have to step over to the right side and check from there too. Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: front brake light switch   front brake light switch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

front brake light switch
Page 1 of 1