Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New forum member and Swing owner - Australia

Go down 
+4
oldwingguy
GHM-PM
Cosmic_Jumper
True Blue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
True Blue
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-08-22

New forum member and Swing owner - Australia Empty
PostSubject: New forum member and Swing owner - Australia   New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2021 9:56 am

Hi all, I have just joined this forum after taking delivery of an '06 Silverwing yesterday.
A one owner with only 18,126ks on it. How you can only ride this short distance in over 15 years is beyond me.
Nevertheless, it is mine now and I am very happy with it. It feels like a toy alongside my '14 Triumph Trophy SE tourer.
Had a few scooters over the last 47 years of riding, including a Burgman 650, Yamaha Tmax and early Honda CH250U 'Spacey', and loved them all.
I am on south coast of New South Wales, Australia, and bid you all happy travels.
cheers,
True blue (Wayne)
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New forum member and Swing owner - Australia   New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2021 10:43 am

Hello True Blue. Thank you for your nice introduction. Welcome to the forum.

I dunno though, in questioning why the previous owner only put down 18k on the Silverwing it kinda sounds like you are opening yourself up for the challenge of exceeding that. Best of luck and do keep us posted on how much you’re enjoying your new ride.

Photos are always appreciated too.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New forum member and Swing owner - Australia   New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2021 6:00 pm

Welcome to the forum! As Tim says pictures are always appreciated.
Back to top Go down
True Blue
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-08-22

PostSubject: Re: New forum member and Swing owner - Australia   New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 1:59 am

How do I add a photo?

True Blue.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New forum member and Swing owner - Australia   New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 4:38 am

This, from our Benevolent Overlord, JeffR, was easily located by clicking on Forum on the blue toolbar at the top of the page. Then on Tips on Using This Site:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t10152-how-do-you-post-pictures-on-this-site

Spend some time noodling around the forum. There’s lots of good information here. Try using the Search box on the upper left too.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New forum member and Swing owner - Australia   New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 8:28 am

1st welcome aboard the board, enjoy the folks and the site.

A one owner with only 18,126ks on it. How you can only ride this short distance in over 15 years is beyond me.

Perhaps I can offer some insight. When I bought my 05 in 2015 it had 8200 miles on it. From the info I have the 1st owner rode it until around 2012 then the 2nd owner bought it for his wife who " wanted to ride " not be a rider." That lasted 2 rides then she almost wrecked it in their garage. It sat for almost a year before he sold it to me. It now has 18,363 on it and it's not been anywhere for almost a year, my health being the only reason. I've not actively sought to sell it but that is coming as I see no major health improvement in sight and I'll not jeopardize anyone including myself with a mishap. So there you have it 1148 miles a year average, sadly I know more than a few bikes with that kind of use.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: New forum member and Swing owner - Australia   New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 9:51 am

Welcome aboard the board Wayne.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New forum member and Swing owner - Australia   New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2021 12:37 am

Welcome True Blue to the BEST SWing forum on the net. This is a great site! I've learned a lot by just being a member here and asking questions and using the Search box at the top left. I joined the forum even before I bought my 08 SWing from my sister in Florida in March of 2014 with 18,160 miles on it. She's 3 years older than me and tipped it over in her driveway while trying to park it and had to get a neighbor to help her pick it up. Then she parked it for two years before I bought it. I paid off her loan for $1,273 and trailered it home and gave it a bunch of TLC to get it running again. I rode it for a few years before having a Motor Trike kit put on it with no regrets so far.
New forum member and Swing owner - Australia Coborn38
Back to top Go down
RiverSong77
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2021-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New forum member and Swing owner - Australia   New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 8:01 pm

G’day True Blue from a fellow Aussie (Brisbane)
Like you, I just picked up an ‘06 Wing this past week, and also like you, I am/was a Triumph rider (have had Bonnies, Speedmaster, America, Trident), as well as a couple of BMW’s and XL Honda trailies.
NEVER thought I’d ride a ‘scooter’, but this SW600 is just a pleasure to ride and SO kind on this ageing body !
Just when I thought my riding days were done, the wing has bought me a few extra years of enjoyment .. Enjoy your ride mate ! 👍
Cheers,
AJ

Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2020-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New forum member and Swing owner - Australia   New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2021 11:34 am

Hello Trueblue, welcome to the SW family 😏
I wish you many happy and safe miles.
Try to find the workshop manual if you're handy with maintaining your SW. The manuals will be your best friend. And here you can always ask anything about the SW.
Greetings from The Netherlands
🙏🏻
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New forum member and Swing owner - Australia   New forum member and Swing owner - Australia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New forum member and Swing owner - Australia
Page 1 of 1