Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

BITUBO Fork Springs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ramy gamal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ramy gamal

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-01-06

fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs Empty
PostSubject: BITUBO Fork Springs   fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 8:44 am

Hi everyone I'm Ramy and I'm back again with a new topic

did anyone tried BITUBO Fork Springs on Honda silver wing and what is the difference between it and Hyperpro Fork springs

Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: BITUBO Fork Springs   fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 10:07 am

Hey Ramy, I haven't seen that brand mentioned before on this site so I did a site search on BITUBO and came up empty. So I'd say it's probably a good bet they have not been tried before ... at least not to the extent that someone posted up about them.

How did you come up with the BITUBO's as an alternative and are you considering giving them a try?
Back to top Go down
ramy gamal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ramy gamal

PostSubject: Re: BITUBO Fork Springs   fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 10:19 am

It is Italian brand used by silver wing Italian owners , I'm thinking of giving it a try however I thought anyone bought it before to tell us about it
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: BITUBO Fork Springs   fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 10:30 am

ramy gamal wrote:
It is Italian brand used by silver wing Italian owners , I'm thinking of giving it a try however I thought anyone bought it before to tell us about it  

Here's a site thread that came up when I did an outside Google search. Some interesting information.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t10409-sw-shocks
Back to top Go down
ramy gamal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ramy gamal

PostSubject: Re: BITUBO Fork Springs   fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 11:31 am

yes the company also do shock observer for silver wing, I got the service manual on how to install BITUBO Fork Springs , I will copy what is written

ASSEMBLING INSTRUCTIONS
For disassembling and assembling the original parts of the motor scooter indicated on the
following Bitubo kit installation procedure, refer carefully to the procedure listed in the Vehicle
technical handbook (Use/Service Manual- Workshop handbook)
1. Position the Motor scooter on the central stand; if not available, put the scooter on proper steady supports
suitable for the specific motor scooter model.
2. Insert a proper support under the chassis for lifting the front end of the vehicle.
3. To work easily on the motor scooter fork, remove any front fender and/or front fairing and all the other
components of the front body.For all disassembling instructions see the technical handbooks of the motorcycle.
4. Remove the front wheel.
5. Proceed by slipping off one fork leg: loosen the fork leg tightening screws on the fork plate.
6. Slip off the fork leg from the fork plate.
7. Repeat the procedure of steps 5 and 6 for the other fork leg.
OPERATIONS TO CARRY OUT ON BOTH FORK LEGS:
1. Remove the top cap: unscrew the cap or push the fork cap inside the sleeve to reveal the snap ring. Then remove
the snap ring and slip off the cap.
2. Remove the spacer, then slip off the spring.
3. Overturn the leg and empty the oil. Compress and extend the fork leg a few times to expel any oil left.
4. Pour the special cleaner and repeat the emptying (flushing) procedure.
5. Measure and note the original spring + spacer length.
6. Inside the kit along with the two springs there are two 32mm spacers: choose the spacer supplied with the kit or the
original one for using it with the Bitubo spring in order to replicate the same spring + spacer length of the original
assembly with a +/- 5mm tolerance.
7. After letting the fork leg drain for a few minutes, compress it to the end of its run and pour oil BITUBO SAE 20 up to
90 mm from the top; check the level carefully because it is vital for the final fork graduality.
8. Compress and extend the leg a few times and leave the fork leg totally extended for a few minutes to get rid of any
air residual.
9. Check the oil level again and top up as required to the level shown.
10. Insert the BITUBO kit spring into the fork leg. If the spring is of the progressive type, position it with its turns close
together facing upwards.
11. Insert the Bitubo spring spacer and the original steel washer.
12. Close the fork leg screwing the top cap or push the cap inside the sleeve to reveal the snap ring stop slot. Insert
the snap ring making sure it is fully fitted to its seat, then release the cap.
13. We recommend you do not put pressure onto forks fitted with an air intake valve.
14. Reassemble the fork legs into the fork plates and tighten the plate screws (check the tightening torque on the
service manual for the Motor scooter)
15. Reassemble the fender, the wheel and the brake calipers following carefully the procedures described in the
service manual for the motorcycle.
16. Reassemble the fairing and all the accessories to complete the operation.
BITUBO RECOMMENDS l
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BITUBO Fork Springs   fork seal - BITUBO Fork Springs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BITUBO Fork Springs
Page 1 of 1