Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Forgive My Rookie Questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
landisr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2024-04-06

Forgive My Rookie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Forgive My Rookie Questions   Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 11:00 pm

I am sure many have been covered elsewhere.  So if this seems redundant, please skip to the next thread.  ;-)

I do my own maintenance whenever I can, but this scoot is totally new territory.  So, here goes:

1.  Will this key blank work on the Swing?  

Can't include a link yet, but I searched Amazon for a Honda Silverwing 600 spare key and it showed an Ilco blank with the numbers X265 and HD109 on it.

The length and grooves look right, and the ad states it will work on the Silverwing, ST1300, etc.  Is there a better place to get a blank?

2.  Is there a popular kit for adding a 12v or USB port in the right hand pocket?

3.  Now the biggie:  Methinks I want to revert to stock Db levels.  If I were to remove the (plug n play?) Power Commander and reinstall the stock silencer, will the bike have stock mapping such that it will run ok if I leave the K&N pod and filter installed?

Pics of my scoot can be seen in the thread titled SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing by RarestRX on the left side here.

I went for a short toot this afternoon, mostly suburban local traffic with a fair amount of stop & go.  Age of fuel is an unknown.  My abbreviated mileage test revealed 58 mpg.  I hope returning to stock won't negatively impact that.  Again, I am the President of the local chapter of the Geezer Gang.

More to follow.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Forgive My Rookie Questions   Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 6:35 am

I was able to get multiple keys made at my local locksmith shop. They had them so I made about 4 keys for the SWing.
As for mpg, I normally get about 48 on my 03 (not sure if the newer bikes do better, as mine doesn’t have the O2 sensor). I don’t think the OEM silencer will kill the mileage much at all.

As for the 12v or USB, there’s no specific kit I know of…probably a cheapie on eBay will work just fine. They’re all made in China anyway.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Forgive My Rookie Questions   Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 8:02 am

58 MPG is high for a 2004. Could be a fluke or possibly the mods are driving it. After 2008 the O2 sensors pushed up the mileage into the 50's. I usually get 55-62 on my 2012 but I baby it. 62 is rare 55 is more the norm here.

There is a spot in the left cubby for a 12 volt plug ( I had the dealer install one prior to purchase) but I have no idea if there is a specific kit for this.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2015-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Forgive My Rookie Questions   Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

All my five Swings got me close to 60 MPG . When riders say they only got 45-50 mpg I wonder if they are heavy on the throttle or riding with flat tires.
Back to top Go down
Kunamika Hopper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Kunamika Hopper

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2020-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Forgive My Rookie Questions   Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 9:47 pm

AldusFran wrote:
All my five Swings got me close to 60 MPG . When riders say they only got 45-50 mpg I wonder if they are heavy on the throttle or riding with flat tires.

Can confirm: get about 45 and like acceleration
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Forgive My Rookie Questions   Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

I generally get about 48 mpg, but mine is an 03 model year, so no O2 sensor if that makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgive My Rookie Questions   Forgive My Rookie Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forgive My Rookie Questions
Page 1 of 1