Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Tires just arrived bike bandit

Go down 
+4
Mech 1 twa
Mottza
GHM-PM
S Winger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
S Winger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2021-08-08

tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit Empty
PostSubject: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 5:25 pm

My tires are beyond old so I ordered pirellis angel urban tire. Front was 51 rear was 63. Date code 21 cant wait to get them mounted Monday. Shops are all backed up. Only found a couple happy reviews, no negative so hope they roll true.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 7:41 am

Enjoy! I ordered the Pirelli Rosso Diablos for my Forza last month. Simply because they were out of stock on the Angels. Great tires so far!
Back to top Go down
Mottza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mottza

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2021-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 9:11 am

New Bridgestone Hoop for the front being fitted next weds.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 6:04 pm

What size Angel did you put on front I can't seem to find a 120/80/14 listed only 120/70/14 in P speed rating?  93MPH.  SW has a 64S rated tire.   112MPH  I tried a rear once very uneven wear but I ride at a good pace most of the time.tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit Img_2011

Center is at wear bars with lots of tread on sides and chopped.  Other than that grips great no slips or slides.

I did find a listing 120/80/14 but for a rear tire still P rated if that's the case it will have to mounted in reverse rotation for the front.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 7:23 pm

Not sure if it will make a big difference /80 or /70. Maybe someone will know for sure. On my Forza I had to go with a 150/70x13 on the rear instead of the OEM 140/70x13. Bike Bandit and the Forza forums said it will be fine and so far it is! The Diablos handle very well.
Back to top Go down
S Winger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 6:10 pm

new tires are on. cost 250 to mount and balance. ride is worth it. the rear angels can go on front or rear. directional arrow left or right front or rear. 120 70 14 its 70%sidewall vs stock 80% sidewall. wider is better
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 6:22 pm

Gulp… $250. I gather you rode the bike in and had the shop do all the work.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 4:31 am

I would be concerned about putting on a tyre with a lower speed rating, regardless of how slow or gently you ride.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 8:01 am

I paid nearly $300 to have a local tire shop mount the new Pirellis on my Forza. That said, there is only ONE tire shop in town that WILL install bike tires (in Ely, NV). Otherwise I trailer it at least 200 miles...I do not have the tools or desire to do the job myself. With gas prices, I just suck it up.

Weird thing is we do have a Kawasaki dealer in town that sells dirt bikes and ATV, UTV's but they won't install street bike tires...I asked.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 11:24 am

I'm lucky, the local Suzuki dealer is only a couple of miles away, and they fitted the ContiMove 365's to my Silver Wing while I had a coffee and bacon sandwich in town. The local Yamaha dealership also fit tyres, as does the SYM dealer, and the Piaggio dealer where I used to get the Silver Wing MOT'd fit tyres too.

The idea of fitting new tyres yourself or having them fitted to loose wheels is fine. But the average British household garage fits one European sized car and it's usually filled with everything but a car.

I've taken loose wheels off BMW's and MZ's to get new tyres fitted as removing front or rear was as simple as taking a pushbike wheel off. With maxi scooters it's a lot faffing about I can do without, so taking it a dealership where fitting new tyres is a daily routine works for me.

As long as you let them know in advance there's puncture sealant or balance beads in the wheels, let them get on with it while you go for your coffee and a bacon sandwich.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 1:59 pm

I used to carry my removed wheels to local dealer years ago when it was $15 a wheel, when it crept up to like $30 and a bent brake rotor claim denied Sad , I got my own equipment equipment, I've mounted my own tires for years, I gave away the tire mounter/balancer because I was done with big bikes, I mount scooter tires manually, F+R tires is usually a all day or 2 day affair, but I get to look at, check other things and clean area well, fortunate to have tools and space. IME have always found missed details when taking cars to dealers and I only do so for warranty issues, don't thrust them, not because their skill set, is because they are production by the hour shops, get it in, get it out and they are humans(Human Factors). 

Look here for my odd !!, scooter tire installation process  tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit 1f601    https://www.silverwing600.com/t12281-2014-burgman-400
Back to top Go down
S Winger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 2:46 pm

im not worried about wear im a leaner. it was adrop off. now i can really lay into the turns with confidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tires just arrived bike bandit   tires - Tires just arrived bike bandit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tires just arrived bike bandit
Page 1 of 1