Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

new belt on

Go down 
+4
steve_h80
Cosmic_Jumper
sonuvabug
spanishfudge
8 posters
AuthorMessage
spanishfudge
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2018-12-21

aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on Empty
PostSubject: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 10:57 am

hi everyone, just put new belt and 24gr dr pulley silders on my 2009 swing,and now have a bit of a do light for v belt comes on after awhile and when i go 140km/h the revs drop very fast down to 5000 from7ooo like fast not controled as winding off throtle any one know whats i done wrong thank guys
Back to top Go down
spanishfudge
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 11:51 am

SORRY missed bike done 60000 km belt last changed at 30000km aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on Img_2010
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 12:27 pm

You may need just to reset the v-belt dash light. I believe it comes on after x kms. to remind you of the belt change service interval? Perhaps someone can verify this.

I cannot help you with the drop in rpms. I assume the scooter slows down too with the drop from 7,000 to 5,000 rpms?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 1:00 pm

The “V” light automatically comes ON at 16000 mile (20,000km) intervals, or at that same interval after the “V” light has been reset. However it can also come ON if the rpms exceed the parameters the ECM expects for the rear wheel speed.

Since you’ve installed 24gm Dr Pulley sliders it is not uncommon for that rpm/wheel rpm to exceed the ECM parameters and the “V” light to come ON.

I’m at a loss to explain the sudden rpm drop. Best suggestion I have is to pull the Drive Pulley and check whether one of the sliders may have flipped. If all appears to be okay then reassemble everything and test run (with belt case removed) to see whether the Driven Pulley is expanding and contracting properly. Maybe the DP is hanging up and not closing properly.

While you’re there check that Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) wire didn’t get pinched in the belt case when it was last reassembled.

Once you’ve sorted all that out you can reset the “V” light.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 4:48 am

+1 for what is said above.
Light weights and the V light are frequent acquaintances, there is nothing wrong with that, but check the weights are installed right.
Running up to 7k rpm when accelerating hard to 140kmh (85mph) is about right and once you ease off the throttle to cruise at that speed the revs will drop a little, but down to 5k seems a lot.
When you have it apart again pull the clutch off, there is a possibility that it is slipping. The clutch blocks might be worn or they might just need stripping and cleaning - it tends to get messy in the clutch and everything is supposed to move freely.
I've gone through the clutch overhaul myself this winter and it has made a huge difference, give me a shout if you need any advice.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 5:57 pm

It sounds to me like something is trying to catch up with something else. When I changed from the standard 28g rollers to 26g rollers I noticed, naturally, a slight lag in top end acceleration but it quickly caught up with itself and got on with the job. It also gave me a 500rpm increase at 70mph 'in the cruise', with pillion, but I can live with that.

24g rollers sound a bit too light for me. In any case, give the whole left-side drive train a lookover, you might be surprised at how much 'gunk' can gather itself together in there and cause minor problems.

There is plenty of advice available on this forum to help.

Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2019-05-06

PostSubject: Re: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 5:57 am

A good if not fuzzy indication of high speed/revs
https://youtu.be/TT3Splixgig
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 2:34 pm

I have 24gm DP sliders installed on my 2013 swing for six years now. I have never got the "V" light come on yet and I am still riding with the original belt at 17,800 miles. Still waiting for the "V" light. I changed my 2004 trike swing to 21gm DP sliders about 18 months ago. No "V" light on it still. I don't baby my bikes, but I don't race it either.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 3:26 am

Daft question Easyrider, but does your V light work? It should have come on at 16K regardless of anything else.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 12:18 am

Steve_h80,

Had to go out to my swing to check. All five bulbs light up when the ignition is first turned then the FI & V lights go off. The V light is between the high beam and FI light. Unless the Honda bike center reset it when I had the stator replaced under warranty. Maybe it resets when the battery is disconnected? I've had it in for annual safety check at the same dealership. I'll update the forum if and when the V light does come on. I will replace the belt at 20k and force a reset. Maybe I'll inspect it sometime this week.
Back to top Go down
spanishfudge
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 1:57 pm

hi all,just a update cleaned the bike and rollers and all,but changed back to 28g rollers ,dr pulley 24g sliders for me are good for city riding as fast at the lights but me i just do 100km/h on freeways and potter about on the side roads and less vibby,6500/7000revs at 100km/h to much for me but thanks for the replys and enjoy the wing Smile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 7:24 am

spanishfudge wrote:
hi all,just a update cleaned the bike and rollers and all,but changed back to 28g rollers ,dr pulley 24g sliders for me are good for city riding as fast at the lights but me i just do 100km/h on freeways and potter about on the side roads and less vibby,6500/7000revs at 100km/h to much for me but thanks for the replys  and enjoy the wing Smile

Each person has their wants and uses and change their rollers/sliders  accordingly. I went with DR Pulley sliders but as I was very happy with the performance and economy of the Honda stock I went with 28g sliders. No problems and they cut the vibration in the 30-40 MPH range. So overall I am happy with them. BUT if they ever give out I will go back to stock rollers as they are MUCH cheaper. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new belt on   aftermarket  oem belt - new belt on I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new belt on
Page 1 of 1