Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Cabin Fever

Go down 
+3
Opalsboy
skiwoods
Ozarkred
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozarkred
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ozarkred

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:35 am

Guys,
The weather in the Ozarks is supposed to be four seasons, and is 4 seasons. But, this snow is getting me a bit (a big bit) overly ready to get back on the road. Swing is my primary mode of transportation most of the year. Cold is not a factor, but slick, snow-covered, is infested, blocked with ice and snow roads, are not my thing. And, the worst part is the first 100 yards, out of my property, up a small incline, that is never, not ever, graded, or even acknowledged, by the city, or the county.
Is anyone else ready to pop a 300 mile ride, and start touring, or is it just me?
Ozarkred (in the face from being upset over not riding!)
Back to top Go down
http://glennscheer.wordpress.com
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:34 pm

This does seem to be a winter of eternity. In northern Illinois, we had a cool, wet summer that did'nt even kick in until late May. My SW is in storage with new tupperware, Givi windscreen, Givi top box, and tires. All just waiting for the warm weather. Here's hoping for an early spring all across the Silver Wing World!
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
Ozarkred
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ozarkred

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:51 am

Gene,
If I were a strategist, for the Global Warming Think Tank, I'd tell them that their Tank is sinking. I am no a climatologist, so all I can speak from/for is 64 years of experiencing the weather. For me, I go with Roger The Weather Rock: If Roger is,
1. Wet-it's raining
2. White-it's snowing
3. Slick-there is ice, and it's really cold
4. Warm-sunny day/warm temps
5. on its side-windy
For the rest, we cannot control it. If it is cold,nasty, then do things inside. If it is warm/cool, ride, ride, ride.
Ozarkred (Glenn)
Back to top Go down

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:41 am

I have on long handles, jeans & sweat shirt, insulated coveralls, neck insulator, sock cap, and gloves and I am trying to work in an unheated garage to install all my new Swing toys and it is to cold. Cabin Fever Icon_mad Come on warmer weather is my cry so I can indulge in my favorite past time. Cabin Fever 744535
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:25 am

For me... I get the wife dressed... open the door for her and send her out to the patio... if she stays out, it is nice... if she walks back to the door, it is kinda cool or about to rain... if she runs to the door and beats on it until I open it for her, it too bad to do anything out of doors...
Back to top Go down
J.R.
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
J.R.

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:58 am

Looks like 2 more months untill the Swing hits the road.....pic is out my front window today. J.R.

Cabin Fever Img_2710
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Its cold here in Western Nebraska...Guess the winter is like it is supposed to be.
Weather goes in cycles and this is to be expected. Do hope Al Gore's furnace
quits working. Maybe he wouldn't be hollering "Global Warming." What do you think?
Old Dave
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:17 pm

From what I heard Al's got a back up furnace. And if they both go out, he'll got on his private jet and fly south.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Whats all that white stuff in the pics? Did someone put too much soap powder in the washing machine?
Back to top Go down

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:00 pm

I think that white stuff is what is now being called Climate Change. Cabin Fever Suspect
My feelings about the white stuff... Cabin Fever 626190 Enough already, bring on Spring!
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Yeah, I suppose this could get a bit boring and hard to take for most of the year

Cabin Fever Phto0139%20-%20copy%20%28800x600%29

[/size]

Cabin Fever Phto0141%20%28800x598%29
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:00 am

It's been a nice easy winter on the Northwest Coast. Other than a few rainy days it's been possible to ride all winter. Looks like it's spring now, today I rode the Goldwing, Silverwing and both motorbikes. It's a lot of work but someone has to do it.
Back to top Go down

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:12 am

It was supposed to be four days until I hit the road to Florida with two Silverwings in tow .Instead I will be heading to the hospital for an angieogram ,
and maybe some kind of heart surgery . I may still be able to go 10 days late but may have to fly and leave the bike at home . Or if things are worse than I think and need open heart surgery I will not be able to leave the country for three months . The weather doesn't seem very important to me right now . I am keeping my mind off of it buy helping another member to get his cruise control working on his bike . And keeping busy getting ready for the trip . We are getting our bikes out of storage to day and getting them ready to go .I have to be optimistic that I can still go ,or I will get depressed .
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:02 am

Excell... sorry to hear about the heart concern... sure takes our minds off of weather, trips and other things. I have added you to my prayer list today and will have you on my mind until you get this resolved with the doctors.
You are way too young to be having heart problems. But taking care of yourself now is what you have to concentrate on. Medical techniques are much imporved on heart bypass surgeries. I am surrounded with friends that have gone through that. I have only had stents (sp) put in myself but came very close to the bypass window the last time. Don't add to your problem with the depression thing.
Take care my Canadian friend. Florida will still be there when you get ready for the trip.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:10 am

Kurt. You poor baby... have to mow grass for nine months. What do you do the other three? I bet yall go to the beach a lot too. I saw the movie "On the Beach".
Stay in the shade.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:54 am

Why bother mowing grass, I just start the mower for SWMBO grab a beer and offer guidance. I haven't been to a beach in months, it just gets nme too excited to think properly for the rest of the day.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/jokes-humour/76755d1262914016-tiger-shark-spotted-off-perth-beaches-tiger-shark.jpg

or

http://westernsuburbs.inmycommunity.com.au/_uploads/ArticleFeed/resized_d323606c%20volleyball_300_300_FitSquare.JPG

Even the birds enjoy the beaches, here's a couple having a bit of fun on a local beach

http://img1.photographersdirect.com/img/22213/ps1408257.jpg

or even some of the locals have taken to karoke from the shallows.

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2009/12/14/1225810/147015-sharks.jpg
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:24 pm

Kurt ... Now I know what yall do besides going to beach and mowing lawn...

Read this ....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353185,00.html

My Misses has fooled me a few times as well... but I am not the push over I once was....
Back to top Go down
Ozarkred
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ozarkred

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:44 am

The spectrum of "in pain" to "painful pictures" is wide. The Palm Trees hurt the worst, however. The snow pictures give me solace that it could be worse, but the Palm Trees seem too much like "nana, nana, boo, boo! However, 6 more days of February, and then the crocus will March out to tell us that we should get those engines ready!
nuf said, rsd,
Ozarkred
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cabin Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabin Fever   Cabin Fever I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cabin Fever
Page 1 of 1