Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» New member from Europe
Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors

Go down 
+2
carolina wing rider
willajabir
6 posters
AuthorMessage
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors Empty
PostSubject: Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors   Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 11:12 am

As a member of the Advrider forum, I found lots of places being photographed and posted that I wish I could go and visit. A recent photo here of Arizona spurred a small amount of similar comments from other members.
A link is provided in the map description to the thread on the other forum.
Thought I'd share my own cabin fever remedy. I collect and pin the photos to a map. Some members would delete their photos when they found we had discovered their locations, some were removed by Photobucket, and some lost due to folks just passing and their accounts closed. So, I've changed to downloading and then uploading the pics in an attempt to preserve as much as possible....at least until my own accounts are terminated.
The maps can be download to a GPS and used as a POI file when traveling. Or you can just look at the map and wish when you are stuck on one of those stormy days. You could also copy the maps and then alter to your own hearts content.
I've made other maps, such as one for post offices, but sometimes threads get out of hand from their intended purposes and so are no longer interesting but are just a conglomeration of mixed ride reports.

A Route 66 Map

A General Stores Map

A Map of Murals
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

PostSubject: Maps   Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 11:31 am

This is very cool. Thank you for taking the time to download this. I don't care what they say about you...in my book you are okay.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors   Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks for the maps Willajabr. My only problem would be having to ride all the way to Chicago just to use the map. I live in Minnesota and Chicago is very far out of my way just to start riding with that map.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself... Laughing
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors   Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Dale N. wrote:
Thanks for the maps Willajabr. My only problem would be having to ride all the way to Chicago just to use the map. I live in Minnesota and Chicago is very far out of my way just to start riding with that map.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself... Laughing

What's even funnier is that some people really think that way Dale. I've learned a lot reading other rider adventures.
Butler maps is a member of the forum and uses a lot of input from riders to make those maps.
Sharing discoveries on road trips makes the next guys adventure more interesting if/when they care to add others experience to their own. Nothing wrong with doing your own discovery either.
Some of the places I could care less about but others love and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors   Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 5:36 am

Great idea :Happy Holiday: maps of 'oblique' subjects are Cool
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors   Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:39 am

The Silver Wing is an awesome little touring machine. I love taking trips on it! Here is the first big trip I did in 2012 by myself and also one of the few that still has photos visible (thanks Photobucket). I like to look at this and plot new courses!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824559
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

PostSubject: Rte 66   Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:32 am

What a group of great pictures. Thanks Glenn. I agree 100% with you about the Silverwing being a great touring machine.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors   Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 am

GHM-PM wrote:
 < snip > http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824559
Nice photos, Glenn. It looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing. Good too that your album hasn't been held for Photobucket's ransom. 

Tim
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors   Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:59 am

Glenn, thanks. As far as the mention on fun and touring, I agree.

My GL's were comfortable. My KZ's were fast. My Burger was beautiful. My Forza was beautiful and good for the SE (Alabama and all states touching it). Elite 250 was almost as good as the Forza. My Valkyrie was beautiful, powerful, fun, and plain awesome. VT & VTX were cool. My V-Star was disappointing but looked good.
Silver Wings have been beautiful, comfortable, nimble, great touring, and FUN all together. While I've owned 7 GL's, it wasn't my preference, it was always the brides. When I purchased my previous Silver Wing, it was one of the reasons listed for the divorce. The new bride understands.
My Cushman and Allstates are the only bikes to never tour with. I still ride my CTX1300, but she is neglected.
Even on the days I don't ride Star (the Swing), I go to the garage and spend time with her. I'll open the garage door and if I don't go out, my brothers dog comes over and the three of us enjoy the time together Laughing
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors   Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 11:58 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
GHM-PM wrote:
 < snip > http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824559
Nice photos, Glenn. It looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing. Good too that your album hasn't been held for Photobucket's ransom. 

Tim

It must be something Advrider does as all my posts on our forum are butchered. Go figure. What a waste to prepare all those posts with photos and then boom all gone... Thanks again Photobucket...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors   Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maps, POIs, Rte 66, and other cabin fever endeavors
Page 1 of 1