Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Tire Experience

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

New Tire Experience Empty
PostSubject: New Tire Experience   New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 5:40 pm

Although I no longer have SilverWing----I like to ride/have new bikes with warranty---I have new KymcoXTown 300i-ABS----somewhat lighter than SilverWing for old farts, and of course much cheaper.

XTown uses same size tires as SilverWing----my favorite tire for The over 90,000 SilverWing miles I rode was/is Michelin Power Pure SC---like them because they wore round!

Right now just installed fresh,pn XTown, F & R Heidenau K-66 Not the cheapest in US market K-66 Run at standard pressures they work well, great in wet. I am familiar with this factory from DDR days and MZ sidecar outfits---in this use they lasted long and never had casing failure.

I think they would work well with SilverWing 600.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New Tire Experience   New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2020 8:13 am

John, I have heard of the Heidenau tires, always good stuff. Please keep us posted on your experiences with them.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Tire Experience   New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2020 9:01 am

Heidenau is the name of of the tyre manufacturers formerly known as Pneumant in pre-unification Germany. Pneumant were the OE tyres on the East German MZ motorcycles, one rather hard wearing compound and old style front and rear tread patterns.

They were an OK tyre, our bike journo's slated them in MZ magazine road tests back in the day. MZ riders and enthusiasts who rode all year round used them until worn down and then replaced them with better rubber. I found them no worse than the early  Bridgestone tyres the UJM's of the Seventies were fitted with.

Heidenau is now part of Dunlop and they do have quite an interesting range of scooter tyres including winter tyres. Their tread patterns are interesting too, and any German scooter magazines I buy on my travels usually have an advert or two for them.

How easy they are to purchase in the UK I've no idea,.tyres are similar to fuel and lubricants. There are certain brands you prefer over others and stick with.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: New Tire Experience   New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 6:30 pm

I just got new tires on my SW this week as well. Dunlop Scoot Smart. What a difference they make .  I suspect the tires that were on the bike were originals since the bike had been ridden only 19,000 miles when I bought it. The Scoot Smart tires make the scooter handle the twisties as well as my BMW C650GT. Not only that there's no head shake. I can go hands off at highway speed and let the scooter coast down to a near stop with no head shake at all. I had though it was built in just like my Goldwings but apparently it isn't.  Part of it might be that the shop has balanced the tires very well. No vibes up to the 90mph that I tested them to.

Last edited by exavid on Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New Tire Experience   New Tire Experience I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 7:23 pm

exavid wrote:
I just got new tires on my SW this week as well. Dunlop Scoot Smart.

I am not familiar with these tires but a new set was on my Forza when I got it and I have no complaints. They handle well and stop straight. May consider them when my Wing needs new shoes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Tire Experience   New Tire Experience I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Tire Experience
Page 1 of 1