Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today Empty
PostSubject: Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today   Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 12:33 am

I know Meldrew will disapprove of this accessory but I like it very much.

I just installed a Kaoko throttle holder on my Silver Wing today. This is the third one I've put on a bike. It's really nice to be able to let go of the throttle and have one's right hand free for a few moments to do something without having the bike slow down.

I got one of these for a BMW K1100LT I had, also one for my BMW C650GT scooter as well as a previous Silver Wing. I like these better than the better known Throttlemeister because you don't have to grip it to turn it. Just roll one's hand across the unit to adjust the tension or release it completely. Not cheap but good looking and it works excellently.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/kaoko-throttle-control/
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today   Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 4:35 am

Actually when Meldrew read the title of this topic earlier, he thought yeah, they're a nice piece of kit. As he'd once considered buying a Kaoko for his Silver Wing, back when lady wife Mrs M used to go touring with him.

He's used a Throttle Rocker in the past, but the days when he could drone along autobahns uninterrupted by having to constantly overtake long lines of slower moving trucks cancelled out a need to fit any cruise control at all. Plus the longest straight roads he's likely to ride on English soil are ones originally built by the Romans.

Proof of this is the still packaged Go Cruise throttle control that's stored in the lid pocket of his GIvi E55 top box. Never once deemed necessary to take out and use as a cruise control in his Silver Wing years, or even on his recent trip to France on his Forza.

But if he had his Green Card and was living in retirement in the Pacific Northwest, or enjoying the dry heat of the Southwest, and still had a Silver Wing, he may well have been inclined to fit both a Kaoko and a cup holder.  Smile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today   Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 6:59 am

Looks like an interesting accessory. But $120 dollars USD is a bit steep and then having to buy the torx wrench too? I will stick with my Crampbuster. But do keep us posted on how it works for you!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today   Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 11:32 pm

I have both the cramp buster and the throttle holder. They both serve a different purpose. I don't use the throttle holder for a cruise control usually just for a few moments when I need to use my right hand for something. The cramp buster is a Godsend when you have arthritis in your hands, it's a lot more comfortable just using the weight of my hand to hold the throttle in position than gripping it.

One could argue that if you're becoming that decrepit it might be time to hang up the helmet for the last time. I can see that on the horizon now but won't until I have to or believe that I'm a danger to others. After sixty two years of riding it will be almost as hard as giving up flying and sailing. Once the bike is gone there isn't much left. I'm lucky in that I have family, and all of us enjoy each other's company. Keeps the future from looking too bleak.
Back to top Go down

Installed a Kaoko throttle holder today
Page 1 of 1