My new bike, 2019 Kymco Xtown 300i abs now set up/test for real use.
1. Windshield--although the stock windshield is better than the other 9 new maxi scooters I have owned since 1990---stock shield did have one calm spot, 55-60mph, the rest of time sucked especially for all weather/temp rider. Replaced with Puig Touring screen---fairly easy install and test ridden now. Provides calm air at the speed I use. At first I thought it was about 3-4 inches too high---but going to ride it 1000 miles or so before I get out the saw. Left alone, it may provide the best air/wind management I have had with a maxi scooter.
2. Hump or back rest not adjustable like SilverWing or Burgman 400. At 5'8" will just adjust my body and position to it. Interesting to see how I will feel after 8 hour day in the saddle.
3. Givi Hump Bag, held on with Velcro seems to work ok.
4. Although Givi makes rear rack for Xtown---none was available---so made due with Bestem rack and $40 box mounted directly to wing. So far works well---dog likes it.
5. Throttle Stop (Aerostich, I had and it works), front mudflap from Burgman 400 or SilverWing works, I mark throttle positions with white paint so I don't run wide open in the initial miles.
Got spare drive belt, have shop manual ordered.
Although bike built to price point, does not feel or act cheap. No parking brake, but rubber bands on front brake lever work....if I am stupid enough to park facing down hill on side stand.
Small displacement does not bother me----my interests are going down the road.
Sad Honda has nothing fresh in the scooter market in US---but probably wise business decision in dead scooter market here.
Coming Sunday, going to ride Chattanooga to Columbus GA on Hwy 27...to avoid freeway until engine run in and I have changed oil, etc.
Stay tuned---although bike is heavy, much better balanced for old fart than SilverWing or even Burgman 400.