Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)

Go down 
+6
bandito2
cotetoi
PeterC
phils a winger
Old Limey
hardee41
10 posters
AuthorMessage
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) Empty
PostSubject: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:58 pm

Pulled the battery, placed it in the garage window on a small solar charger; filled the gas-tank with "Stable" treated fuel. Oil will be changed when the snow is gone. Did I forget anything? Oh ya; the snow-blower started right up. bounce
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 5:46 am

There are a lot of things wrong with the UK,but, one thing we can do is ride all year round. Had our first frost last night. It is still Autumn yet,winter a month away. Iam gearing up for a ride out,as the sun is shining and it has lifted to above freezing Only difference in riding is the clothes we wear,winter gear or, not, winter gear. Smile
Back to top Go down
phils a winger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
phils a winger

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2014-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 2:58 pm

midnight last night had about an inch of snow in lanark. this morning most of it gone but took me 10 mins to clear the car of snow/ice, bike was a definite no-no, road up to the house was a sheet of ice !
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 4:37 pm

Thanks for reminding me how good I've got it in the big land downunder. Don't have to deal with snow just a bit of rain. Note to myself..."don't sniffle at the drizzle"
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 5:04 pm

In Atlantic Canada, we don't have poisonous snakes, scorpions, crocs, tornadoes and other assorted nasty natural phenomena that plague other parts of the World. But we can count on snow. I used to relish the winter until the past two years. I come from the tropics and now long for the milder weather and the possibility of year-round riding.
I have several motorcycle bloggers lined up on Youtube so I can ride vicariously. First installment of snow coming Monday.
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 9:06 pm

cotetoi wrote:
But we can count on snow.

First installment of snow coming Monday.

And we got ours today here in SE Michigan, 6 inches or so. Don't know exactly how much. (I didn't measure)
Heavy wet packing kind of snow. We have warmer weather and rain forecast for later in the week so it all will
melt anyway but won't likely be weather worth trying to ride in.

Put up the outdoor Christmas decorations last weekend. When the GF says it's time, I don't argue and get on
to the task when she says so. It's like she has some secret sense when it comes to getting the decorations out.
She named the date before the forecast for this batch of snow was even predicted. Almost without fail the weather
turns to crap shortly after the job is done. So when she says it's time to put up decorations, that's my cue to put
the bikes away. So I got the bikes put away for the winter then too.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 2:12 am

After 35 years in Alaska I'm really enjoying year 'round riding here in Southern Oregon. We do get a bit of ice and a bit of snow on the road but it's mostly in the high passes and doesn't last long. It gets cold at times but with the heated seat and grips along with my Gerbings jacket liner and heated gloves it's still good riding as long as the road stays ice free.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 5:09 am

I'm a bit dubious about the benefits of a heated seat. I had one on my 650 Burgman and it worked fine when it got a bit chilly when I wearing a summer weight vented suit. When it got colder and I had on a winter weight suit with the liners zipped in and a base layer underneath, the warmth coming through was far less.
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 5:26 am

A decent feed of beans helps heat my seat
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 7:56 am

PeterC wrote:
A decent feed of beans helps heat my seat

I know what you mean mate, but it's rather unfortunate for others when you've been letting rip out on the road into a one-piece suit, and then come home and unzip the suit inside your house.

It's worse when you don't have a pet dog you can blame! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:31 am

Janesville Wisconson, 20 inches of snow last night Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad just happy here that so far we have had -0- normally we would have had a least a decent cover once. Complain? heck no it looks like next week may permit another ride. cheers
Back to top Go down
roders
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 10:47 am

I winterized my scooter the other day, still considering whether to put it in the back of my truck and take it south with me for the winter.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 5:25 pm

Well of course you should load her up to enjoy a warmer winter just like you are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)   Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ready for Winter (North-East Iowa)
Page 1 of 1