Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!

Go down 
+4
Mech 1 twa
steve_h80
Cosmic_Jumper
gavinfdavies
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2017-10-20

New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! Empty
PostSubject: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Evening all. A couple of weeks back I had to remove the battery to remove the luggage compartment. All went back together ok, and bike runs fine. Except for some reason the trip meters have disappeared and won't come back. I only have the total miles. Also, I've noticed that I can't change the clock! None of the buttons respond.

I've checked the official workshop manual, and I can't find anything in it for this.

Any suggestions? Apart from disconnecting/reconnecting the battery at midnight to get the right time on the clock! geek
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Would this be the ABS wire harness hooked up to the Non ABS Combination Meter? If so there could be some terminal location differences.

Tim
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Have you f***ed it Gavin?
:-)
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Not a clue. Voltage spike could have burnt something in instrument board. Did you jump start it or charge battery at anytime? Possible loose or bad connection to instrument connector.

All of the above posts. Moding is fun but sometimes things go wrong. Looks like you have the fastest SW in UK.

Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Just by an unholly chance you don't have the parking brake on " just enough " to make the odometers not register, BTDT.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 4:35 am

Only thing I can think of is that a diode may have gone down
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Further to OldWingGuy's suggestion, if the total accumulated miles do display but don't advance then I'd sure check out that Parking Brake switch.

With that Parking Brake switch ON the total miles will display but freeze. Dunno if it blanks the Trip meters though.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 1:39 pm

With that Parking Brake switch ON the total miles will display but freeze. Dunno if it blanks the Trip meters though.

It did my 05.
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 2:36 pm

seem to remember a similar issue with the piaggio (vespa) ET4 (no surprises there as Italian) but can't remember the reason or find the posts at present. (so actually I've been no help at all-sorry)
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Evening all. In this case I didn't do anything to the electrics, other than remove/replace the battery and unplug/replug the IAT (with the engine off of course). The total miles still increase as per usual. No other odd behaviour.

The bike I mean, I've got plenty of odd behaviour.
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 2:51 pm

Well I disconnected/re-connected the batter at midnight last night. For some reason the clock resets to 1am! Still no change on the adjustability front. Can't change the time, can't change the trips. I wonder if it was actually to do with unplugging the ecu bits under the rear left panel that caused the issue? I had to in order to move the loom enough to remove the battery box in order to remove the luggage compartment in order to access the clamp in order to remove the airbox. Or Honda could have fitted the clamp the other way around. Thanks Mr H.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 5:15 pm

Um... Ground? Check the ground connection(s). Should be the one main ground to the frame, also another from the Combination Meter to frame, or CM wire harness to frame. My 2ยข.

What year is your Silverwing...ABS, non-ABS? I can check my wiring diagram(s) for you, but they are for North American FSC models.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2014-08-24

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 5:04 pm

If its a none abs scoot i can let you have a clock set to try on it see if it works
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 1:19 pm

It's a 2007 ABS model. And the wiring is VERY different to the non-ABS A3 version that I have a service manual addendum for as well. Things like the reg-rec have moved from the tail to the nose etc.

I don't think there's an actually fault with the clocks, I suspect it's something to do with the connections I touched. Just haven't got round to checking yet, since I can live with a clock 1 hour fast and no trip meters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!   New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!
Page 1 of 1