Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Cheap tire

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Cheap tire Empty
PostSubject: Cheap tire   Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 8:10 am

I am not wanting to bring up a heated discussion about which tire is best... My Silver Wing came with IRC tires and while they handle only fair to good they wear quite well.

I was at Ridenow Surprise, AZ and one of my friends was buying a Burgman 400 (he would have bought a Silver Wing, Honda, ahem), anyway I went to Parts and talked to them and asked about OEM tires from Honda. This is a trick I learned from my selling dealer years ago. He said he could get me one no problem, looked it up and the rear tire is $86.00 USD! I asked him if it is IRC and he checked and said yes it is and I must be psychic! He then asked me if I was installing it or would they. Told him THEY would if reasonable, he said then 90 bucks! I said 90 dollars to install a tire??? No he replied $90 dollars and change out the door as they do not charge for install if one buys the tire from them! WOW my response was order that sucker!!!

So if you aren't a street racer and just need a cheap tire you might give it a try... BTW this IRC (rear) made 10K and is finally ready for replacement!!!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Cheap tire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap tire   Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 10:14 am

Good deal on IRC. I have had no problems with them, both on scooter and motorcycle. Just changed OEM IRC on my CB300F---9300 miles, could have gone more but I hate running with square worn tire.

Considering what some dealers charge ( and need to because of time involved) for tire change---$90 out the door tire mounted and tire pretty goood deal.

IRC OEM for the last Silverwings made.
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

Cheap tire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap tire   Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 1:53 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
I am not wanting to bring up a heated discussion about which tire is best... My Silver Wing came with IRC tires and while they handle only fair to good they wear quite well.

I was at Ridenow Surprise, AZ and one of my friends was buying a Burgman 400 (he would have bought a Silver Wing, Honda, ahem), anyway I went to Parts and talked to them and asked about OEM tires from Honda. This is a trick I learned from my selling dealer years ago. He said he could get me one no problem, looked it up and the rear tire is $86.00 USD! I asked him if it is IRC and he checked and said yes it is and I must be psychic! He then asked me if I was installing it or would they. Told him THEY would if reasonable, he said then 90 bucks! I said 90 dollars to install a tire??? No he replied $90 dollars and change out the door as they do not charge for install if one buys the tire from them! WOW my response was order that sucker!!!

So if you aren't a street racer and just need a cheap tire you might give it a try...  BTW this IRC (rear) made 10K and is finally ready for replacement!!!

What a great tip.

I am running a car tire on mine now. 2,000 miles so far and I doubt I will have to change it until the manufacture date + 7 years = 5 years to go.

Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Cheap tire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap tire   Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Glen,
My Honda dealer just called me to tell me that my tires just arrived. I followed your tip and asked if they charged for installation and they responded with $75 per tire labor including balancing. Thank goodness I do my own tire mounting and balancing. I use Ride-On for balancing (thanks JohnG).
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

Cheap tire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap tire   Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:25 am

The Ridenow dealerships seem to all have the free installation deal for tires bought through them, keep in mind they may also price match online stores like Revzilla, Dennis Kirk and others. The ones in my area do!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Cheap tire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap tire   Cheap tire I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 8:01 am

Sidewinder Pilot wrote:
The Ridenow dealerships seem to all have the free installation deal for tires bought through them, keep in mind they may also price match online stores like Revzilla, Dennis Kirk and others. The ones in my area do!

Sent from Topic'it App

True story, but I have yet to find the IRC's cheaper than OEM through Honda. Even online.
Back to top Go down

Cheap tire
Page 1 of 1