Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
#@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
#@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
#@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
#@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
#@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
#@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
#@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
#@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
#@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
#@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

#@#$# Rear tire pressure check.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

#@#$# Rear tire pressure check. Empty
PostSubject: #@#$# Rear tire pressure check.   #@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:13 pm

One thing my Silverwing has done for me is to appreciate one thing I used to grip about on my Goldwing. Before I got the SW I used to think checking and adjusting the air pressure in the back tire of the GW was a PIA. No more. Doing that job on the SW is a major PIA. One think I'm going to do when I have that back tire off is put a solid right angle tire stem on the SW. One of the types that bolts into the rim. That stem hiding behind the brake rotor is definitely a pain to get at with a tire chuck. I don't know if it's been a problem for any Silverwings but on the GW there have been several tires go flat because the little plastic piece that holds the tire stem got lost. It's there to resist the bending force pressing a tire gauge or chuck generates. A lot of the GW guys put small tie wrap around the stem and the plastic piece to keep it on. One other thing is to put on a valve cap that's too large to pass through the hole in the plastic doodad. It is a good idea to replace the stem once in a while because they have been known to crack at the base. It may not be so likely on the SW but on the GW which has the same set up it has been the source of some nasty surprises. At least on the SW there's only one 90 degree stem.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: #@#$# Rear tire pressure check.   #@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:45 pm

There are a few electronic tire pressure monitors that work by replacing the stem with a gadget that sends the info to a wired or wireless remote.

Dan
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: #@#$# Rear tire pressure check.   #@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:16 pm

The EZ-AIR tire gauge is a low tech way to help. It has a clip-on air chuck with an 11 inch hose then the gauge then the air inlet (normal place for the air hose). It's accuracy compares to my normal ACCU-GAGE.

http://www.accu-gage.com

I've had mine since last Christmas (gift from my son) and do not worry a lot about checking the air every couple of weeks. For what it's worth, the EZ-AIR works much better on the rear, the normal ACCU-GAGE works better on the front.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: #@#$# Rear tire pressure check.   #@#$# Rear tire pressure check. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 7:09 pm

I don't have any problem with the front tire, the ACCU-GAGE looks good but I recently spent plenty of bucks for a new tire inflator for my air compressor and don't want to spend more on it. My pressure gauge isn't too bad to get on the stem but my inflator chuck is a pain.
Back to top Go down

#@#$# Rear tire pressure check.
Page 1 of 1