Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 4:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New to the mini wing

Go down 
+3
Dale N.
JeffR
oldgwingguy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

New to the mini wing  Empty
PostSubject: New to the mini wing    New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 11:04 am

Smile  I recently purchased a 05 FJS 600, weather only granted me a 5 mile ride but even that was a hoot, what a difference from a 1500 Goldwing. This scoot has 8200 miles on it and to make sure of the maintenance I'm going to do a complete change out of fluids belt filters plugs ect. That will put me at 0 on my schedule. I live in the Hocking Hills area of o-HI-o and there is plenty of good riding to take advantage of. I'm looking forward to maintenance info in particular having done everything myself on the 1500 I hope I can do the same on this one. Al
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New to the mini wing    New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 11:40 am

Welcome to the site and congrats on your SWing. There are plenty of 'how-to's' on the site so just look around. Glad you enjoy your new SWing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New to the mini wing    New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Welcome to this site Al. You'll find it's the best SWing site on the Net. Lots of helpful info and members here.

I bought an 08 SWing last year with now just over 19,000 miles on it that had been sitting for two years under a tarp. Changed tires, new battery, oil and filter, rear end oil, plugs look new. I changed the belt this winter and also put in a 26 gram set of Dr Sliders. Now all I have to do is WAIT for MN to warm up a bit so I can take her out and see how the new belt and sliders work.

I do start her up in the garage once in a while and pet her and talk sweet nothings to her to let her know I haven't forgotten her. Razz
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New to the mini wing    New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 12:21 pm

Dale,

Does your SWing reply with "You don't send me flowers....anymore"?
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New to the mini wing    New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 12:39 pm

No. But I have noticed some "weeping" under the headlight when I'm petting her.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New to the mini wing  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New to the mini wing    New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 1:43 pm

welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New to the mini wing    New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 5:42 pm

welcome
Al welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. I lived in N.E. Ohio until 1972 then I came to Florida to visit some friends and decided to stay. There's a few things I miss in Ohio but I've recently found an Amish store here that sells Troyer's Trail Bologna and swiss cheese from the part of Ohio that I lived. So now there's even less that I miss about Ohio. I do wish that I could go back and get my youth, that's one of the big things I left there that I'm sure I could never find again.  
You said you were looking forward to finding maintenance info so here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New to the mini wing    New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks guys appreciate the welcome. model28a that sounds a lot like the Middlefield area Laughing
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New to the mini wing    New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 9:21 pm

Welcome from a Goldwing-Silver Wing owner too! I have both but really love the little Wing. Took it out for a 40 mile ride today and it is such a joy to ride.

Lots of pictorials on here to help you do things on your scoot! And we are here to help!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New to the mini wing    New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 9:25 pm

frustrated
I lived in New Philadelphia, just south of Canton. Yaggi cheese house was/is just outside of town. I used to have them ship stuff to me until 2012 when Ohio stopped letting them ship Trail Bologna.
I've found out they can now ship it again. The problem was that Troyer's wasn't FDA inspected but they are now. Troyer's has been in business since 1912 and is still run by the same family.(fourth generation) When I lived in Ohio and hunted deer I would try to have Troyer's process at least one deer every season.  

Back on topic. Your Silverwing is barely broken in so you should get many miles out of it. I just upgraded(read replaced) my 08 with an 08 with ABS. The 08 I replaced had 54,400+ miles on it and was still running great and we have a member here that I believe has over 120,000 miles on his. At one time I had a link to someones Silverwing that had 297,000 when it was destroyed in an accident.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: New to the mini wing    New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 12:20 am

Hey oldwingguy from another oldwingguy! small moped You won't have any problem working on the SW it's a lot easier go get under its skin than on the big Wing. Not nearly as many plastic parts either. For a copy of the original Honda service manual you can get one from Helm Inc. They aren't cheap but they are the best. I've always found them to be the best thing I bought for any of my bikes.
http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?Make=AHC&Model=SCOO&Year=2005&Category=&class%5F2=AHC&mk=Honda+Motorcycle&yr=2005&md=Scooters&dt=&module=&from=result&Style=helm&Sku=61MCT05&itemtype=N
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the mini wing    New to the mini wing  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the mini wing
Page 1 of 1