Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New I want to find out more about the Silverwing

Go down 
+2
jdeereanton
Papa Ritch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Papa Ritch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Papa Ritch

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-07-22

New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: New I want to find out more about the Silverwing   New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:59 am

New here. I have been looking at a Silverwing for sometime. I think this will be my next bike. I now ride a honda 03 ST 1300 & a Honda 03 reflex. the ST1300 is a great bike. June of this year I went a 7 day trip camping to Yosemite NP with My www.st-owners.com group, had a great time. I do a www.damtour.com up here in the NW any one that live in Oregon & Washington should check it out. As I check more into this I think I can kept camping and do the dam tour even with some of the dam as far as Mont. this year on a Silverwing. The Reflex I mostly ride it around town, I put over 2000 miles on each of 2 years I have had it. I ride over 10,000 miles each year on the two bike. I want to get down to one bike. At 68 year old I do want kept riding for a few more years. Papa Ritch
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New I want to find out more about the Silverwing   New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:11 am

Papa Ritch,

Welcome to the forum. My wife and I travel on our SilverWings and I think you will find it is a very comfortable touring machine. Capable of long sustained high speed touring and just as capable of canyon carving all day long. Not as much power as the ST1300, but way more than the Reflex. We had 2003 Reflexes as well, sort of wish we'd kept them for in town riding.

We plan to ride out to Oregon from Alabama next summer on our SilverWings. The SilverWing can meet your needs with very little compromise.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: New I want to find out more about the Silverwing   New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:59 pm

I agree with Dale about the comfort of the Silverwing. My husband has a BMW R1150RT and I have no trouble keeping up with him on our long tours. Plus, the Silverwing is faster off the mark, since I don't have to shift.

...Not that we're racing, of course. Laughing

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Papa Ritch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Papa Ritch

PostSubject: Re: New I want to find out more about the Silverwing   New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:28 pm

Thank You for the welcome. I see I had the wrong name up why I put Papa Papa I don't know, as you can see it is Papa Ritch. I had been think that next year I would start look for a Silverwing. I am now starting to think about later this year of moving one or both ride and geting a Silverwing sooner. I can see that I will find a lot Info I can use here. Has anyone put a AUDIOVOX CRUISE CONTROL on the Silverwing, it is one a lot put on the ST. Papa Ritch
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: New I want to find out more about the Silverwing   New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:26 pm

I have had the css100 audiovox installed on my bike. Works great.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New I want to find out more about the Silverwing   New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Papa Ritch,

Welcome to the forum. You should really enjoy the SWing. It is powerful, comfortable and stable and really fun to ride. I had a Reflex too and the SWing is a totally different bike, and it will take you anywhere you want to go too. So I wouldn't worry if the SWing can handle it. There is a person from Florida who took his SWing from Florida to Alaska to raise money. He did this 4 or 5 times and then sold it to someone with about 130,000 miles on it. That person has put about 30,000 miles on it now, if I remember correctly. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: New I want to find out more about the Silverwing   New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:03 am

Welcome, Papa Ritch. The S.W. is a great bike!! I enjoy riding my Reflex also for short trips around town.
Back to top Go down
Papa Ritch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Papa Ritch

PostSubject: Re: New I want to find out more about the Silverwing   New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:05 am

It has taken some time but now have a 2009 Silverwing with 6000 miles. I did sell the ST 1300 & have had a V-STROM 650 for some time, need to move it now. May kept the Reflex as I like it so much. Have order a light bar from Dennis and move my top box from the St 1300 on to the silverwing. Now just need to find a good place for my fuse block.
Ritch
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New I want to find out more about the Silverwing   New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Papa Ritch wrote:
Now just need to find a good place for my fuse block.

Here is where I mounted mine which is something similar ( https://www.silverwing600.com/t1417-parallel-wiring#11592 )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New I want to find out more about the Silverwing   New  I want to find out more about the Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New I want to find out more about the Silverwing
Page 1 of 1