Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just Joined.

Go down 
+2
JeffR
kjrman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kjrman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
kjrman

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Just Joined. Empty
PostSubject: Just Joined.   Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:14 pm

Hello,
My name is Kelly Rorick. I'm from Clarksburg WV. I own a 2005 pearl white silver wing. I have really really enjoyed this bike since I purchased it used in spring of 06. Currently I have the following mods; pearl white paint, tinted clearview vented shield, J costa variator, kuryakyn grips, chrome mirrors, and cigarette lighter installed in left glove box.
This winter's project currently underway is black powder coating of wheels, motolight running lights, chrome brake cylinder covers, corbin seat with back rest with incorperated top box, having musical instrument holder fabricated into back rest, zumo 550 mount and GPS, custom foot plates, custom muffler cover,and power outlet installed under seat.
My dream ride this summer will hopefully consist of an early start, approx. 2-2 1/2 ride with laptop charging under seat. Get to great WV overlook in Elkins area, pick my banjo for about an hour or so with the laptop. Ride another 2 hours, repeat overlook picking session, end up at one of the state park rivers, swim/pick and ride home. I'm really looking forward to this day.
Hope you all find your dream ride this summer as well!
Kelly
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Just Joined. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Joined.   Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:17 pm

Welcome Kelly,

Wow.. you have done a lot to your SWing. I have the J. Costa, Clearview shield (soon to be a Givi), and also use a GPS. If you haven't already done so please put some pics on the Album and thanks for joining.

Ride safe,

JeffR
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-11-21

Just Joined. Empty
PostSubject: Happy to find this forum   Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:28 am

Greetings from Midland, Michigan. My name is Garth. I’m 72 years old and have been retired for eight great years. I recently purchased a new 2009 Silver Wing (never titled) that was left over from the original shipment of bikes my Honda dealer received in that model year. I traded in a 1999 Honda Helix 250cc in mint condition with 10,000 miles. With the trade in I thought I got a pretty good deal, but in the end one never really knows for sure.

I had the Honda Helix for two years and really enjoyed it. But after riding it from northern Michigan to central Kentucky and back this past summer I knew I wanted something bigger. Because I purchased the Silver Wing at the very end of the summer I was only able to ride it a few times before I needed to put it away. Nevertheless I have been on it enough to understand it is definitely bigger and heavier than what I am used to. However, I’ll get used to it once I have a chance to ride it on a regular basis. My next project with the Silver Wing is to trailer it to Asheville, NC next summer and then ride the Blue Ride Parkway from start to finish. But right now it is stored in my garage with both wheels off the garage floor. It is under a cover and hooked up to a battery tender. I can’t wait for next summer.

In the riding I have done on the Silver Wing it is clear the stock windshield has to go. I’m 6’3” and sit up high on the bike. That means I get hit with a solid blast of air in the face which I don’t like. I used a full face shield as a temporary fix. The existing windshield will get replaced first thing next spring. Also, for long rides I am going to need a backrest and I am thinking hard about my options for storing luggage or tying down luggage. I also want an electrical outlet in the dash so I can run my GPS and have been talking to other posters on another thread about that.

So far I’m really happy with the bike and plan to ride it as long as my health will allow. It’s probably the last one I will ever own. Right now I’m in great shape and excellent health and hope it stays that way for several more years. If it does, I’ll be riding as often as possible. And I am really glad I found this forum. I can’t believe all the help I have already received about installing an electrical outlet and will be looking for more help on the new windshield and the backrest.

Last edited by midlandchip on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Just Joined. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Joined.   Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 am

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Just Joined. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Joined.   Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:34 am

Welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Just Joined. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Joined.   Just Joined. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:55 am

Hi there Kelly, welcome to the best dedicated Silver Wing site on the web.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Sponsored content

Just Joined. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Joined.   Just Joined. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Joined.
Page 1 of 1