Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hell of a time getting this thing to start! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Hell of a time getting this thing to start! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hell of a time getting this thing to start! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hell of a time getting this thing to start! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hell of a time getting this thing to start! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hell of a time getting this thing to start! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hell of a time getting this thing to start! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hell of a time getting this thing to start! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hell of a time getting this thing to start! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hell of a time getting this thing to start! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hell of a time getting this thing to start!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Hell of a time getting this thing to start! Empty
PostSubject: Hell of a time getting this thing to start!   Hell of a time getting this thing to start! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Reading someone's thread of having a hard time getting things started made me think of this story.

I bought my swing a couple years ago used from a car dealer that took it on a trade in. It was a pretty good distance from my house, nearly all the way through middle Tennessee and then a long way in a beautiful section of Kentucky.

My wife was very dubious of my purchase, sight unseen over Ebay. I had been shopping for a very long time and was only going to make a purchase if it were perfect, and that's what the Silver Wing was to me, perfection. The power, the storage, the beauty with utility...it was exactly what I was looking for.

Of course I needed to bring my wife along to drive the car back home, and when we got to the dealership the scooter was there, but no people. We looked it over for a while as we waited for the owner to arrive, and when he did, he said the words I think my wife wanted to hear least in the entire world.

"I had a hell of a time getting this thing to start!"

You should have seen how big my wife's eyes got when she heard that sentence. She was pissed.

The owner elaborated on his statement that he didn't know you had to raise the kickstand and hold in the left brake lever in order to start the scooter.

In typical Silver Wing fashion, once all the safety switches were thrown, the bike started up instantly when the ignition was pressed.

My Silver Wing has started on the very first button press every single time I've cranked it up ever since that time. It's almost ironic how well this bike starts up, compared to my wife's fear at the previous owner's words. Even after sitting a month in the garage while cold and snow prevents me from riding it, it cranks up instantly.
Back to top Go down

Hell of a time getting this thing to start!
Page 1 of 1