Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnboy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2024-05-09

Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie   Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 9:35 am

My 1st 'ride' was a 'beat up' 125 NSU. Lasted 3 days til Pa exercised veto powers (I was 15).
Since, I've enjoyed many 2-wheel devices (with Hondas being faves), including CanAm 3-wheels since 2008.
I cannot be without a 2-wheel however so...various sizes have graced my garage.
Currently, there is a pristine 650 S 40 Boulevard out there, in addition to my Ryker.
Two weeks ago, I acquired my 2009 Silverwing.  It too...is pristine but hasn't run since 2017.
So...like new, with only 2145 mi. and has obviously been 100% garaged and no where near a wet road.  Had to do new battery, drain the tank of really old fuel and installed new plugs.  No running smooth as a 'baby's bottom'.
One issue (which I'll search in the forum): I have no brake lights...with either lever.  Tail light is ok. Both brake light filaments can't be gone at same time so I wonder if an opportunistic mouse has chewed the wire somewhere.
Does anyone have a comment? (other than for me to 'get a life'?  LOL)
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1988
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie   Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 6:44 pm

Welcome Johnboy to the BEST SWing forum on the net.
I'm not much of a mechanic but I wonder if it's just a fuse or maybe the switches at the brake levers are crappy.. Or you could take the bulbs out and look at them to make sure the filaments are good. Wouldn't it be something if it was just a burned out bulb?!?
Again, Welcome!!!!
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2022-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie   Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 7:13 pm

Welcome to the Forum Johnboy, from the UK.

Make friends with the search bar for all things Swing and a bit more besides.

With reference to your brake lighting problem. Both filaments might not be busted but they do share a common feed, we know the common earth feed is good because you have a tail light.
So I would start my search where the lights are behind the service panels under the seat, easiest place to test for voltages without having to take loads of tupperware apart.
Then trace back using the wiring diagram.

Here's a link to the service manual if you don't have one.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cpsqEmvlpa4A4qDPLVGbqlwMfpqnZ0EM.

Hope this helps.
Be safe, be seen!
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2019-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie   Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 7:58 pm

Welcome. Every time I ride my SilverWing I say to myself this is all the bike you need. Paul
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2568
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie   Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Welcome and thanks for the introduction! I gave my answer to your brake post elsewhere. Lets confine the brake info to the other post in the correct place. Otherwise all will be lost in the Introduction area! Thanks/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie   Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Page 1 of 1