Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 7:13 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery?   Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:55 pm

I know we shouldn't talk bad about folks. We should remove logs from our own eyes before judging someone's little splinter. I want to confess that I was guilty of judging another human being. I accused him , in my mind, of adultery.
Just a day or two ago I was going to a PRG mission. Riding on the interstate at a modest speed of 70. (the speed limit) There was another rider just ahead of me. He obviously was a man, a man that loved his Harley devoutly. He was happily going along at 60 MPH. I am sure he was talking to the love of his life. Telling her how lucky he was to have such a beautiful machine. How she had served his needs for so long. How he promised her that he was going to get that old smoke coming from her exhaust fixed just as soon as he could. Praising her for all she was worth.

As I eased on by him I gently gave him the old rider howdy. Just acknowledging my presence. Not intending to start any bad relationship between him and his ride. I continued on the route, this time talking to my lovely machine. Telling her how lucky I was to have such a beautiful machine. How she has served my needs for so long. And I promised to give her a nice warm bath when we got home. I praised her for all she was worth.

I soon neared the exit I needed to take, so I slowed down and got in the proper lane. Shortly, I noticed the other rider beginning to gain on me and as he passed, he almost broke his neck looking at the strange new lady that had showed so much class in passing him by. I am not sure if it was the sun or something else (it was a little cloudy), but there appeared to be a little tear forming just in the crevice of his eye. For that short moment, I felt his adulterous sinful stare. He wanted to swap rides. I just finished my exit and as I got on top of the overpass, I noticed that the little puffs of smoke had a faint black tint. I never looked again.

I love my little Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery?   Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Nice!

Very creative. I rarely look at other bikes with any desire to ride them, but we do have 2 SilverWings in the garage. I do get lots of questions when on PGR missions from the cruiser crowd.

Ever notice there are few if any zip-splats at PGR missions?
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery?   Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:29 am

Treat 'em mean, ride 'em all. So many bikes, so little time. :lol!:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery?   Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Gary it seams that you tend to wax eloquent when it comes to your swing. I can understand the atachment. Keep the light side coming I need all the levity I can squeeze out of this life. Like you one of my greatest joys is my grand kids. I have nine, and six live close. And all of them love to be with PaPa on any bike I pull out of the barn.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Got Grandkids!   Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:29 am

Hello David... congratulation on the grandkids. Nine is such an uneven number... go for at least one more.
Is it just me or did your grand kids cause you to talk a little silly again. I thought I loved my girls. But the grand kids ARE special. I only have 5 and all live within an hour plus a little bit. I see them pretty regularly. Only one is still young enough to really have time to love Grand Dad. The others are too busy living already.
Honestly, riding my swing gives me a little of the same feelings. I enjoy just getting on and riding .. anywhere ... I don't get in a big hurry, I don't drive fast (but I could if needed)... I live in a very rural area of Arkansas with lots of trees and back roads for just relaxing rides. My wife enjoys the short rides with me. The longest trip we have made together is about 100 miles one way. The swing is such a nice way to get around. I am so fortunate to have accidently found mine. I will probably replace the one I have with another one in the future if something happens to the 03 I have.

Gary

Last edited by Opalsboy on Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changing "one" to "on")
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery?   Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:39 pm

Two weeks ago I saw a red 2003 swing for sale on the way to Springfield MO. I stoped and had a look and it was in great shape. Had around 4000 miles and the fellow wanted 4300.00 I was tempted just for a spare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery?   Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to commit motor scooter/ cycle adultery?
Page 1 of 1