Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

CENTER STAND

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

CENTER STAND Empty
PostSubject: CENTER STAND   CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:17 am

I HAVE TROUBLE GETTING THE SW ON THE CENTER STAND. ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET ON THE CENTER STAND?
Back to top Go down

CENTER STAND Empty
PostSubject: Re: CENTER STAND   CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:06 am

Its pretty easy if you remember to not try to LIFT the bike onto the center stand. Stand next to the bike and leaving the side stand down for safety, just press on the center stand to get both resting points on the ground. Then step on the center stand pedal, pushing straight DOWN. The bike will lift itself up onto the stand. I find it a bit unsteady to take it off the centerstand while seated on the bike, so I just rock the bike forward off this stand, rest it on the side stand, then mount the bike.
Back to top Go down

CENTER STAND Empty
PostSubject: Re: CENTER STAND   CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:53 pm

I roll my bike backwards about a foot and while rolling, step on the pedal while continuing to move the bike backwards. Then I stop it rolling so it doesn't slam onto the stand (possibly breaking it?). In reverse I put the side stand down and, standing beside it, roll the bike forward off the center stand and gently let it rest on the side stand.
p.s. when putting air into the rear tire at a gas station I have learned to put it on the center stand. Too easy while hugging the rear tire to move the bike forward when only on the side stand. It makes a big sound as it falls over onto its side.
Back to top Go down

CENTER STAND Empty
PostSubject: Re: CENTER STAND   CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 2:10 pm

I put mine on the center stand almost all the time. I don't know why but I don't like the side stands. I guess it makes me feel like the bike is going to fall over. When I bought my new Silverwing I had the guys at the service area work with me so that I learned how to do it the right way. As a women I know I'm not as strong as the guys. They said always keep the side stand down while you are doing it. Point your toe toward the back of the bike and push down. I rock it a bit while I'm doing that. I have gotten it off the center stand while I'm on the bike but I really have to rock and I think it looks a bit silly Embarassed When I'm getting it back down I rock it a bit and have my hand on the brake so as it comes down I can stop it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_rider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ghost_rider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-12

CENTER STAND Empty
PostSubject: Re: CENTER STAND   CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Well it is very easy to put the bike on
the centerstand. The first poster is the
way i do it. BUT let me stresss to you
if your shoes are wet do NOT put the
bike upon the stand. Let it stay
on the side stand til the ground
or cement drys up. I have had this
happen 2 times with my swing and the
2 times were right after somone
had washed there truck or i had just
washed my bike and went to get
gas. Out of the 9 scooters that i have
had over the yaers. The only one
that fell over off the stand was
the swing.:-( It is easy to take off
the stand while siting on it. I rock
it once or twice without no
problems.
Hope this helps ya some from the
good people of the swing world.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
Ghost rider Greg
Houston tx usa
Back to top Go down

CENTER STAND Empty
PostSubject: Re: CENTER STAND   CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:31 pm

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP WITH THE CENTER STAND. I JUST TRIED TO PUT IT ON THE STAND AND GUESS WHAT. I DID IT WITHOUT STRANING MY BACK. HEY THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO ADVISED ME.
Back to top Go down

CENTER STAND Empty
PostSubject: Swing centerstand   CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:24 pm

I don't have any trouble putting the Swing on the centerstand but I'll tell you how I did it with a Gold Wing and maybe that will help. Put a piece of wood, about 3/4 inch thick, in front of the rear wheel and one in front of the sidestand. Start the bike up and run the back tire up on the wood then put it down on the side stand which will now be on the other piece. Get off and then raise the bike as you normally would. This was just enough for the rear tire of the Gold Wing to clear the wood and I only had to lift the bike about 1/4 an inch. You might have to try a different thickness of wood. This works if you're home, I don't know if you want to carry the wood around with you.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

CENTER STAND Empty
PostSubject: Re: CENTER STAND   CENTER STAND I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:58 pm

swing one wrote:
I HAVE TROUBLE GETTING THE SW ON THE CENTER STAND. ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET ON THE CENTER STAND?

SWing'ers with darkside tires found it easier to put on the centerstand from the increased height of the darkside tire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CENTER STAND Empty
PostSubject: Re: CENTER STAND   CENTER STAND I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CENTER STAND
Page 1 of 1