Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d

Go down 
+5
dickie
MikeO
billc.
Cosmic_Jumper
tankyuong
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d Empty
PostSubject: Side Stand & Center Stand Make Marks on Concrete of Garage Floor   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Is there any way to prevent this?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:16 pm

Now that you've brought up this topic, I've got the same 'problem'. Two definite gouges in the cement right at the center stand position.

Occasionally I'll pivot the scoot, a few inches, on the center stand. But not frequently enough to be the sole cause of as much damage as is present though.

You could always park your scoot in a neighbors garage. That'll stop the problem from getting any worse.

Tim
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:26 pm

I use a narrow "runner" carpet rug with a rubber back to park my bike on the centerstand on in my garage and it works great. You can get these at most Walmarts or similar stores. billc.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:18 am

"I use a narrow "runner" carpet rug with a rubber back".

Same here although they're sold as door-mats. We have one for each bike.
Apart from protecting the (tiled) floor they make sure the bikes are parked in the same, convenient place every time.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:33 pm

billc and MikeO....Great idea on the door mat carpet. My workshop has wooden floors so does get chipped up a bit from center stands. I was considering replacing a section with diamond plate aluminum for the stands but will give the carpet a go before that route...Dick
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:33 pm

The diamond plate would probably scratch, and the carpet will grip the centerstand better as it "gives" slightly when the stand contacts its. Also won't slip on the rubber backed carpet strip...billc.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Is it possible to get some of the "rubber insulation" that comes in liquid form in a can? I have used this before with tools. You just dip the handles, of the tools, in the can and when you remove it the "liquid rubber" will harden and give insulation for electrical work. You may want to try this by dipping the stand in the can, or some other container a few times. Just let it dry really good in between coats.

I'm not sure if this will work but I don't see why it wouldn't. Although if you use your center stand a lot you may have to do this a few times a year. If anyone trys this please keep us informed, or if you try another method. I don't really see marks on my concrete floor but I don't really use my center stand much in the garage.

http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/plastidip.html
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:21 am

How about the truck liner spray?
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:38 am

tankyuong wrote:
Is there any way to prevent this?

Do what I do -- have a 40 year old garage with the original concrete floor.

Concrete continues to harden forever. The older it gets, the harder it gets.

Not a mark one, from 2 BMW's and a Silverwing, all three parked on the
centerstand exclusively. Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Why not use a pice of 1/2 or 3/4" plywood say 10X24" under the stands. If or when the plywood get's chewed up just replace.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:52 pm

justputzn,

That would be too easy. I say we go to Jon's house, cut out his concrete floor and divide it up between all of us so our garage floors don't get scraped up. Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d Icon_smile Jon, how many sqft is your floor.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:53 am

Jeff,
about 500 +/- sq ft. And about 4 to 6 inches thick. It would take a really big masonry saw to do the job, so come on over. I have a project that needs doing that requires just that saw. I have a pedestal made of 2 inch thick flag stones stacked to 26 inches high -- the edges all need to be trimmed about an inch and this big saw would make my life a lot easier (especially if all 500 of you each cut an edge for me). Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:00 pm

That looks nice Jon, did you do that?

Wes
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Sure did, Wes.

It is the introductory page on my personal gallery web site.

Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:20 am

I use side stand supports. Plastic oval shapes that protect the ground and also help when parking on softer ground such as grass.

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/products/list/Bike-Care/Side-Stand-Supports

When placing on centre stand my wife assists in getting them centrally placed. (Her idea I use them to protect our paving.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:41 pm

i'll try to find that on ebay
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 pm

I park on concrete tiles laid out on a bed of sand. To prevent the tiles from cracking when using my side stand, I use a piece of plywood about 1/4 inch by 12inX12in. This way I can use my feet to position the board when lowering the bike onto the side stand. The plywood looks as it did when I first started using it 11 months ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d   Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it me or my side stand and center stand making marks or d
Page 1 of 1