Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 11:44 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Putting in an offer on a 2009

Go down 
+2
tankyuong
CSN
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CSN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
CSN

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Putting in an offer on a 2009  Empty
PostSubject: Putting in an offer on a 2009    Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:22 am

Well after reading many posts on this forum and doing a lot of web searching on the Silver Wing I am going in this afternoon and placing an offer.
I have been riding motorcycles for around 7 years now but have been on two wheels since around 10 years old.
Never thought I would go to a scooter, however, when looking for a new bike yesterday, I sat on one and it was so comfortable and roomy, I decided its time to move to a scoot. When I first started riding my father had a 400 Burgman and I tried it right after my learning course and I didn't feel comfortable as there was no tank to hug. Now after 7 years of riding, I have no issue with no tank being there, Being a female who has always overloaded bikes with gear, I'm now more into "room to travel" and in comfort. Laughing
I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes through this afternoon.
If so I plan on bringing the bike home end of March.
It will be the 2009 model.
Should there be anything I should be aware of before puting in the offer?
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Putting in an offer on a 2009    Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Be aware of the weight and practice how to lift bike when fully on it's side on grassy or cushioned area
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Putting in an offer on a 2009  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Putting in an offer on a 2009    Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'd offer to keep my fingers crossed too. but I think i'll go riding. Does the new scoot have ABS? Between now and March should give you time to read up on the maintenance tips and pictorials available here. welcome
Back to top Go down
CSN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
CSN

PostSubject: Re: Putting in an offer on a 2009    Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Thanks for the replies.
Well I bought it.
As to the weight, I use to own a C50T Boulevard which was around 800 pounds plus a 6'2" son who would be my passenger on occassion. I'm small frame but I'm use to the heavier bikes. I also currently own a virago which is about 600 pounds. I think what I will have to get use to the most will be not shifting gears and getting use to the brake is not a clutch.

The scoot does have ABS and in my offer I requested a GIVI trunk and I also requested a 15 volt adapter installed and they agreed. I'm a very happy camper. swing this pic actually looks like the one I just bought.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Putting in an offer on a 2009    Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Welcome from Northern Ont. I to have a 09 swing. Have fun it's a great ride.
cheers motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Putting in an offer on a 2009    Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Welcome.

One thing I think you will discover is that the darn thing has a low center of gravity. After 4,000 miles in my first year of riding I am finding myself running it too fast on the local road. If feels like a light go-fast sports bike to my mind. But it is 500 lbs and will surprise you with a drop at a stop if you get careless and lean over too much. Sad

Also, it is lousy on grass or really slippery surfaces if you have Pirelli ( knobyless ) tires. Forget turning and just go straight to stay up. Of course with a 4" clearance you really should not be going off road.

I can see being a 2 bike house... a Goldwing for highway hikes and a Silverwing for commuting, including 80mph highway hops. If only they would put an automatic on the Goldwing.....

Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
CSN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
CSN

PostSubject: Re: Putting in an offer on a 2009    Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:01 pm

tinman wrote:
Welcome from Northern Ont. I to have a 09 swing. Have fun it's a great ride.
cheers motorcycle

Thanks Tinman, I'm actually originally a Northerner from Timmins but now I hail just west of Toronto

I'm not sure how to do multi replies yet in the forum, still learning, so to the person who mentioned the center of gravity....thank you.
I remember getting a bit too comfy on my boulevard at a stop light, was wearing sunglasses with the magnets as I have prescriptions, the flip fell to the ground and without thinking I leaned over to get it and yes.....extremely embarrassing dropping the bike in slow motion. It happened during a group ride so I had a lot of help in getting the bike up but never heard the end of it. So point noted, bike can still topple over at a stop....thank you for reminding me. I'll try not to duplicate that moment with my swing.
It is nice to have two bikes but I will probably sell my virago as she is 24 years old and I have a feeling I'm going to love the new bike so to pay two insurances for one bike that may just sit, I may give her up.
Back to top Go down
SWingNut
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Putting in an offer on a 2009    Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Mine is a 2009. I bought it "new" on the showroom floor in September. The odometer had 9 mi on it. I really love it. I ride it almost everyday to work. 27 mile commute. I get to ride home in 40 minutes!

It's a hefty price tag, non ABS $8.5k I think. I have no regrets about the Silver Wing, but I wonder if I should've looked for a good used one...

Oh well, I have the warranty and maintenance agreement. It is pure pleasure to ride!

I hope you like yours as much!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ronault.net
CSN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
CSN

PostSubject: Re: Putting in an offer on a 2009    Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Thx SWingNut, I cant wait till Spring is here so I can take the bike out. I went with my gutt but I have a feeling I'm going to love riding it.
Sorry to hear you had to pay so much for yours without the ABS but bottom line, you love your bike and you have warranty and maintance agreement so that's not bad. Smile
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Putting in an offer on a 2009    Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:33 pm

I did not check my emails . I also have a 09 Wing ,and I love the twist and go
and hands on brake system. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putting in an offer on a 2009    Putting in an offer on a 2009  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putting in an offer on a 2009
Page 1 of 1