Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Putting another horse in the barn!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Putting another horse in the barn! Empty
PostSubject: Putting another horse in the barn!   Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Tomorrow im picking up a 2006 Suzuki 650 Bandit from a private sale. From its "cover" it seems like a nice bike, time will tell i guess. I read on an online review that its a sport bike, sport touring bike, commuter bike, track bike, and a naked bike all rolled into one! Cant wait to try it out. Like my black swing i fell in love with this black beauty at first site. Everyone is now asking if im gonna sell the swing and the answer is a definite NO. Im keeping my much loved swing as the family sedan Laughing , for the days when the wife wants to go. Maybe i'll bring her for a fast rip on the Bandit perched up on those miniature footpegs, then she'll appreciate the luxury/comfort of the swing Laughing .

Putting another horse in the barn! Bandit10
My newest Thoroughbred!!
Back to top Go down
Greydog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Putting another horse in the barn!   Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:07 pm

I liked the Bandit when I rode it. The rider's foot pegs didn't seem to be that far back, and I felt that I wasn't leaning so far forward on it compared to most sport bikes... Nice Bike!!
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Ride   Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:20 pm

Oh yea! I like it. (your ride)

The last past year, off and on, I have been thinking about a
Honda St1300 or the Yamaha 1300? or even the Gold-wing.
The Big Daddy.

But just yesterday, I went on my Saturday ride, this time down the world famous. PCH (Hi Way 1) South to Malibu here in California, I was doing only 5 miles over the limit , when two larger bikes slowly past me up.

Well I don't like being left behind even at 65 years old, so I increased the speed just to keep up.

Well you know where this is going right, so they started going much faster around the twistiest, with me right on there assssses.

Then we came up to a stop sign they kind of looked at each other and I knew what they were thinking. ( lets leave this little Fucck behind!

So as soon as they hammered it, I was on them like white on rice.
In about 20 sec. we were doing some were around 90 mph, and guess what. Yours truly was right on there tail. Ho Yea!

When we came up to the next stop , I gave the guy on the BMW a salute and he gave me a Oh Yea, good job look.

The guy in the Yamaha 1300 looked over and could not take his eyes off my ride.
Then he said to his friend " that thing really moves"

Yup, once again I made my mark.

I think I will coin the sentence, when they stare at her "582 cc fuel injected 527 lbs and automatic. The old mans ride"

And once again I realized, that this scooter is more than most people give it it credit for and absolutely blows most motorcycles away.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Putting another horse in the barn!   Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Johnd- sorta the same thing happened to my wife and i this past july. We went from Canada to upstate New York overnight on the swing as part of our 25th wedding anniversary celebration. We took the scenic and slow route which included a couple short ferry rides. We parked next to a guy n gal on a harley while waiting for the first ferry. We made small talk (my wife wasnt impressed with his potty mouth, almost as bad as yours johnd Laughing ) with each other and he asked a few questions about the "little scooter" i.e. is it gas or electric? Well the time came to proceed onto the ferry and the harley sputtered and stalled so i pulled around him and smiled while saying "fuel injection". Long story short after we finally made it to the US we pulled onto interstate 81 for a short distance and he decided to put on a show by trying to pull away from us but i stuck right with him. As we pulled off the interstate and up to the first traffic light together i could see he was amazed at what the little "electric" scooter could do! He was smiling and said "man that thing can move".
   Yes the swing is sleek and quick machine hiding under a scooters cloak.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Moving   Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Ha ha ha. I love a good ending.:lol!: 
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Moving   Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Ha ha ha. I love a good ending.:lol!:
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Putting another horse in the barn!   Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:24 am

Hotwings, i think the word has gotten around. Very few "Harley" types try that anymore (race us). In fact I have had several say "heard those things are pretty fast" or words to that effect. I even ride with some on outings and most have no problems with the SWing now that they know I can keep up with them Wink 
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Putting another horse in the barn!   Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:21 am

Johnd- we also looked at a used ST1300. The bike was mint with 27k klm on it and came with all 3 honda boxs. I loved the look and style of the bike but my wife and i decided (mostly her Laughing Laughing) that the swing could do the same thing as the ST1300 and the swing is paid for. The guy was asking $9k so i agreed with her (i hate it when their right Laughing ) that spending that much couldnt be justified Crying or Very sad . So i still had the buyers itch and picked up this Bandit for less than half the price of the ST1300. Now when im riding alone i'll just take the Bandit!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putting another horse in the barn!   Putting another horse in the barn! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putting another horse in the barn!
Page 1 of 1