Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 4:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aerosilverwing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-02-09

Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing   Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:47 pm

It maybe cost prohibitive, but I thought I would ask. I have found several good, low mileage Silverwings that did not come with the ABS system.

Has someone researched this? Its only like $500 more when the bike is new.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing   Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Back in the hey-day of the the VW, a dealer in Conn. put a new Bug together from the parts bin, just to prove that he could. The over the counter cost of a new Bug was about $1800 at the time. The cost of the parts bin Bug (dealer cost, not retail) was over $13000. Add the dealer markup, and the parts bin Bug would have been over $18000.

Based on that, the $500 add on at purchase for a factory installed ABS would probably be somewhere in the $5000 range, with all new parts. With junk yard prices, probably half that but with no guarantee that it would work.

:flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing   Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:35 pm

aerosilverwing wrote:
It maybe cost prohibitive, but I thought I would ask. I have found several good, low mileage Silverwings that did not come with the ABS system.

Has someone researched this? Its only like $500 more when the bike is new.

You'll have to search on here but we have discussed this before and the straight answer is yes it is do-able but not practical and very costly IIRC.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing   Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:33 pm

And No one in that discussion was willing to put in the time and energy and research necessary put a blueprint or tutorial for the conversion together because logically speaking, it is a fool's errand. If you want to prove to yourself that you can do it, then by all means get some personal satisfaction. Otherwise, using your logic, a used Silverwing w/ABS should be about $500 more than a used Silverwing without.
Back to top Go down
aerosilverwing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing   Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Thank you for your responses. I'll keep looking for the factory ABS model.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing   Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putting ABS on Non ABS Silverwing
Page 1 of 1