Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
@TRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
@TRider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads Empty
PostSubject: Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads   Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:11 am

On my ride to work in London this morning the rain was very heavy, and I found myself riding on main and sometimes partially flooded roads. A car in front of me drove straight through a puddle that was probably 5-6 inches deep, which caused something of a bow wave for me to negotiate in his wake! Fortunately I managed to ride around the edge of the water with no great drama.

In the course of 20 odd years riding I have had to ride through water on the road that has sometimes been up to 12 inches deep. Do any owners out there have any experience of how the Silverwing copes with this, is the drive belt affected for instance if the bike is taken in water this deep? Do I need to avoid deep puddles at all costs or does the bike cope pretty well?

Please let me know if you have any experiences to share. This was my first ride in the wet as it has been very dry over here for months, and I'm pleased to say the Silverwing handles better than I expected it to with it's smaller scooter wheels.
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads   Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 5:06 pm

You can have some of our rain if you are desperate, we are getting a bit bored with it oop North !!!
Back to top Go down

Riding the Silverwing on flooded roads
Page 1 of 1